Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900554 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
SO Ken how was Red Lake with your buddies?

3 of us....caught 40 walleyes, 6 perch and 2 pout. Missed a bunch. No walleye bites after dark. Caught the 2 pout after dark. Best time was 1-4 in afternoon.  We were satisfied.
« Last Edit: December 12/22/22, 08:52:02 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Minus 13 here this morning. Not a lot of wind yet, but the wind could stay like this and start warming up anytime. No plans today, stay warm, put some hunting stuff away, clean my room, check Craigslist, the usual. Have a warm day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -12 here and might see -8 today..  yea Mark I agree..  Ken that is good to hear!!  today will be a repeat of yesterday..  I can hear the wind out there..  stay warm!!!   

also looked at 511 and the lower 1/3 of the state has most of the roads closed!!! 
« Last Edit: December 12/23/22, 06:56:30 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -9 here and heading for -2 for a high. The wind is blowing pretty good here this morning. The snow is blowing across the roads pretty good. Nothing like out west though. Last day and then I get to try a week of the retirement thing like most of you guys. Marvin has giving all of its employees the week of between Christmas and New Years paid. Don't come back to work until 1/3. I shall get some fishing done and a couple of projects too. I put some venny roasts in pops brine last Saturday. Those should be ready to smoke Tuesday or Wednesday. Looking forward to the time off. Just wish the wife had if off too. But she doesn't work at Marvin. Well, one more day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said it is still cold out.  I wish the wife was retired too.  Still a couple of years to go for her.  I will plow the feed lot today.  I see more snow on the deck.  I wonder if it just blew off the roof?  May go get some oats today for the horses.  That's about all that is on my list.  Looking forward to the long weekend with the wife home.  And the Vikes game tomorrow.  We need to keep winning.  Stay warm youse guys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, -10 here with -38 WC, we may get to -4 later. The wind was howling here by 10 last night & they're sayin it'll stay near 30 mph with gusts to 50 all day. :rolleyes: Almost all of the southern 2/3-3/4 of the state was a No-Tow zone by early PM here yday. Over by the Mississippi & the SE corner of the state look a little better today. The local TV stations are encouraging people to not even go outside today if they don't have too. Nothing on the list for today, so I think I'll stick close to home. Take care, stay warm, & try to make the best of it boys.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just looked out as it got light out and it is really blowing here so the Retirement Creed just kicked in.  Why plow the feedlot today when I can do it tomorrow.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I will go get cream for the egg bake though.   :sleazy:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 10 on the wrong side of the dial at the moment.  Gonna run over to MA and Pa's in a bit, swing by Cub for a few things on tge way back and probably call that good. The birds are hammering away at the feeders so they'll need to be refilled,  hafta to play "rock, paper scissors " with momma to see who does that! Anywho....See ya!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........looks breezy but no driftinng from what i can see. not sure i'll even go outside today.  a feller from iowa, not gunner, texted me said he has drifts as high as his truck hood. same wind gusts as gunner stated. he's the Jack lover that sent me the meme!!!!!! :rotflmao:

i volunteered to put in a few hours tomorrow morning. we shall see how long!!!!!! they wont get a truck monday so it should be a bigger then normal saturday load.  :happy1:

2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! -11 at choretime heading for a high near -5. Getting our money's worth this a.m. Sustained winds out of the west around 30 mph gusting into the upper 30 range. More snow aloft so visibility is down to 1/8 - 1/4 mile. Interesting to see how much muscle this storm has left. Haven't watched the barn disappear from view yet but the day is young. Wind has been more westerly this time so the windbreak we planted about 25 years ago has really helped keep the snow out of the yard. Still come drifts & prolly won't clean the yard out until Christmas Day at this rate. Chores weren't bad once I made it to the barn. Left Poppy inside. Her little feet get cold quickly when it's like this. Could carry her to the barn but I'm also hauling a couple water buckets from the house. Hmmm...maybe if I balance one bucket on my head like those naughty pictures of African women in National Geographic we used to look at... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good morning from International Falls. -5 here right now. As I look out the window the tree tops are swaying but I don't know what the wind chill is or how hard it's blowing. Yesterday a guy called and said he would be by to shovel the roof today, this morning he called and cancelled.  :rotflmao:  Said maybe Monday when it warmed up. Lumber trucks are still rolling past the house, take a lot more than snow and wind to stop them guys! Hope people heed the warnings. These little cars these days don't weigh much and will get blown around pretty good especially if they hit a patch of ice. This is no weather to be outside stranded on the road in. "Common Sense" went on vacation so I can see some folks trying to walk somewhere rather than waiting in their vehicle.

I'll wait for the evening news from Duluth to see all the doom & gloom & carnage caused by the wind.

Stay safe today boys.   :smiley:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the wind gusts are just crazy!!   snow coming off the roofs for sure...   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: I realize living in town I don't get to experience the full brunt of the weather but I just don't see the cry wolf mentality in our area. Yea the wind is been blowing although not as bad as they said it would, I don't see any blowing snow.

Yea I looked at 511 and see it's sucky in the southern part of the state. Based on 511 roads appear to be in relatively good shape. I could see county roads being bad however.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
did you look at 511 around the cities??   

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The "cry wolf" mentality is simply this....... people no longer are allowed to make judgement calls for themselves. Big Brother must in all cases determine what is good or bad for us, the weather just being one example. If you go to Crossroads mall today you will see people in tee shirts and light jackets come in from the outside. These people have been warned of the harsh conditions yet still choose to ignore them. These same people are driving around with bald tires and about a quart of gas in their vehicles. When you baby and coddle the populus this is what you get.... dumb people who need to be told how to live. It's part of the "dumbing down of America" thats been going on the last few decades.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from town and had to use 4 wheel due to the drifts in the grocery store parking lot.  Plus it is slippery on the main road and even spun some.  I think I am all set and don't have to go out till the late afternoon wood fill and horse oats program.  Dotch when you do like the ladies you would have to take your shirt off.  No pics please.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
did you look at 511 around the cities??
yes, the whole state.

Ya know Dutchy, I never thought of it that way, I see it in the grocery store myself . And alot of other places. I just shake my head.  :pouty:

I guess I don't need anyone coddling me or telling me, or holding my hand.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
the wind gusts are just crazy!!   snow coming off the roofs for sure...

Same here. Occasional whiteout conditions. Barn 75 yds. from the house has since disappeared from view several times. That's how people get into trouble out here in open country. They get overconfident of their abilities to see when they start out driving then it's like someone closes the curtain. Then they knock on the nice sheep farmer's door who tells them to call AAA. I ain't unhooking the blower to pull yer sorry asset out. It's also blown a lot of cones out of the spruce trees. Not telling Mrs. Cheviot about those lest she get a decorating bug up her hinder.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: December 12/23/22, 12:06:39 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Jim was going to clean his drive way a while ago, gusts started really barking about then...   he decided to wait till tomorrow like me...

wonder if the mail carrier will out today?? 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Take a drive down here Glenn. Things, like you say, are perfect. I'll put a pot of coffee on fer ya.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Needed beer & some french fries for lunch so I went out & checked our alley :scratch: before I pulled the car out of the garage. It didn't look real bad, so I went for it. Hy-Vee is only ~ 7 blocks down the street & getting there wasn't a problem. Only about 1/3 the cars in their parking lot compared to a normal Friday morning IMO. It wouldn't have been real hard to get stuck leaving their parking lot though.  :tut:  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 12/23/22, 01:00:22 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
one thing for sure, with the wind the bugs shouldn't be any problem!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I bet the wrens are singing at roony's tho... :coffee:

I agree about the "cry wolf" syndrome db. When one watches enough Twin City TV, it amazes me what passes for news reporting sometimes especially when it comes to weather related issues. There was one on just this morning about snowblower accidents with some Dr. speculating about how they were happening. SMH... :doah:
« Last Edit: December 12/23/22, 12:29:04 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

wonder what song??    :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Take a drive down here Glenn. Things, like you say, are perfect. I'll put a pot of coffee on fer ya.
roony....reread my post!!!!!! i made it very clear what i was witnessing out of my window in my current little world. as well as acknowledging how bad it could be elsewhere.

they've been harping on this 'life threatning " storm for a week....... for the whole damn state.......... dont see the sense of urgency in this area!!!!!!

even though i took there advice and did prepare as if it was life threatning!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

probably California girls by the beach boys!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

probably California girls by the beach boys!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

more like California Dreamin!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Does this mean you're not coming then? I'll have to mail your present to ya.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Does this mean you're not coming then? I'll have to mail your present to ya.
nope, staying home. I don't even wanna go to moms tomorrow 5 miles away!😒 :doah:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The wrens are really at it! Singing Grandms Got Run Over By A Reindeer!