Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905886 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Thanks dutchy but I will be bringing beer up north.  I've had cocktails one night since I quit and survived. :rotflmao: the saving grace here is I would have to drive to st cloud to get the tobacco I like, been a big deterrent!!👍 It'll be even a bigger one up north

And I'm looking at it from this perspective, I need to get past that stage also!
« Last Edit: December 12/27/22, 11:40:46 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
again it's all a mind gave with yer self...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i might have problems then!!😒🤣 :banghead: :banghead:. Shuttup boar! :confused:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'll mail you some... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I smoked in college 50 years ago. Smoked a whole pack of cigarillos one night.....could hardly breath the next day. I said to myself...." This is not good for me." Haven't touched one since.

Hang in there. Don't give in. It WILL eventually get easier. :happy1: :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
JB.....shaking it's head.....you sure it wasn't a good sized Jack?
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
JB.....shaking it's head.....you sure it wasn't a good sized Jack?
Yep, I'm sure it wasn't a jack. Caught plenty of those too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Stay tuff Glenn. When my wife quit she kept a pack of cigs in her car for over a year. It took her about that long to really get over the urge. It has been a habit for so long it takes awhile to get over it. Like others said it is all mental now.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 18 here and a brisk wind out of the East. Heading for a high of 30 today. Da wifey is getting ready for work and the coffee is brewing. Got some projects to work on this morning then maybe go fish this afternoon. One project is finish the one I was working on yesterday. Yesterday I installed a heater in our Ranger. Pretty much have it done but not getting any heat.  :confused: I got the option of a maxstat which is an inline thermostat to send coolant to the heater first. I am thinking that the thermostat might be backwards. I will need to remove that and check. The heater is an Ice crusher brand. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 this morning, higher than yesterdays high!!   hope to see 33 today...  going to one of Glenn's favorite stores today..   Costco... will get there early enough so no samples..  good luck JB!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 29* to start & we're 'sposed to make 36*. Kind of nice to see the sun yday but that wind had a bit of an edge to it. Windy again today too, it looks like above normal temps here for about the next week. Some precip chances startin Saturday & going through Tuesday. Freezing rain is all we need here now. :doah: A little runnin to do today too, have a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........sure didnt get good news about small lakes up north yesterday. kinda got me bummed out!!!!!! :doah: :confused:

main project today is taking the wifey down to the U to have a visit with infectious disease docs. the goal would be to pull out that picc line!!!!!!! :happy1: looking forward to that but not the drive!!!!!! :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so is it common to want to stick food in your face to combat this crap........i can tell i gained some weight.......and i aint liking it!!!! :surrender: :bs:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup I gained some weight when I quit smoking but then lost some of it after things leveled out later on.  Sure hope the wife gets good news at her checkup.  So is that an aftermarket heater JB?  You have to cut the vent holes in your dash for that?  I have to run to town today to pick up some stuff.  May get the sled running and check out the fish house too.  22 and windy here.  Out of the east like JB said.  You all have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Got some snow moving to do again after the wind has been blowing out of the south since yesterday. At least it's warmer. Getting roped into helping prepare for the stupid wedding I got out of going to. Have I ever mentioned I really hate weddings?  :scratch: Seems some of the flowers got frozen in shipment. Odd. When you're dumb enough to schedule a wedding on New Years Eve that kinda crap goes with territory. Leave me out of it, completely.  :angry:

Good luck to Smurfette! :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/28/22, 10:09:26 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel for you Dotch.  I don't like having to go to those things anymore neither.  The older I get the less I like them.  And on New Years.  Rookie night.  That is as bad as guys getting married on the opening of hunting season.  ???  What are they thinking.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya, I got roped into 2 weddings in the fall, Duck opener and Pheasant opener,  a year apart.  Wasn't very happy..

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, yes Ice Crusher is an aftermarket heater. Took me a bit but I finally got it blowing heat. Had an air lock in the heater. Yes 8 had to drill the holes. The kit comes with templates and the holesaws.

Ya, if anyone I know ever gets married during hunting season they will be no friend of mine anymore.  I hate weddings too. And having them on holiday weekends is flat out wrong.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :pouty: that Dotch he gets to go to all the good weddings! :confused: 🤔 :rotflmao: :sleazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so is it common to want to stick food in your face to combat this crap........i can tell i gained some weight.......and i aint liking it!!!! :surrender: :bs:

yup, just try to control the wants and desires..  good luck buddy!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
People should just elope. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch gets all the fun!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 26 here and that is supposed to be the high for today.  Going to send the wife off to work and then head out fishing. Some friends are coming up late afternoon today and staying until Monday morning. So fishing will be on the agenda. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... Should be on the road north by 7:15. Usually not a Debbie downer but..... I just don't have a good feeling about the  lake conditions!!

I keep hearing hot a big lake just not my style!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 33 now & are headed for 37, I hear. Looks to be a damp day here to start as the RH is 100% now. :scratch: Might be a little slick early today. Not a whole lot that needs doing so far but I'm sure I'll find something. 'Bout it here, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, safe travels Glenn..  a bit foggy this morning, so I am wondering if there is a mist in the air..  saying it coukd do that this morning...   got my costco run done so am stocked up for awhile again..  have a good day all!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't feel a mist not does it look like it on my windshield.

:confused: :crazy: well I best get moving  :pouty: I got this white dawg that's going ape crap crazy 🤣🤣🤣

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Yeah mike, MnDOT says a good share of Mn 6 is not the best & that's his usual route. A couple sections are even being reported as icy. :rolleyes: Hope he takes it easy.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  28 here.  I have had some mild crud for a few days so not fishing the last few days.  Gonna still be fairly nice next week so will hit it hard then.  Gophers play football at 1 today so will watch that on ESPN.  Good luck fishing youse guys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the roof raked off as far as I could reach yesterday, blew the snow away from the house after that. After that I cleaned off the end of the driveway and blew a path to read the gas meter. Got the tandem trailer dug out and shoveled off and lastly blew out a trail from the woods up into the back yard for the deer. They showed up less than 30 thirty minutes later and started eating the corn out of the squirrel feeder I just filled. Who would have thought that. Got to load snowmobile and tractor up today so I can head North tomorrow morning. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm