Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952952 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 22 here too and lot of frost on the trees. Looks pretty. Fishing has been plenty slow but we are scratching up some meals. We are having a good time though.

Happy New Year All!!!!

Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very nice looking place JB!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks. Just looked cool with the frosty trees last night.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Beautiful house JB!  24 here and some thin fog.  Not gonna do much today except watch football.  That will come to an end soon so better enjoy it as much as I can.  We took naps last night so we could stay up till midnight with Miley.  You didn't miss much.  We like here bluesy songs and there was none of that.  At the end Dolly was wearing a see through pants type of thing and it was gross.  Who wants to see her legs??   Maybe Glenn. :rotflmao: We kissed at midnight and went to bed.  I just told the wife that is enough of that.  LOL   Happy New Years boys.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  26 here. Nice set up jb! Ya lps I couldn't hardly stand any of tge new years shows last night, 10:15 is all I made. Kids n pooches are still here, having more finger food for tge early games then momma is making a homemade ham, cabbage and potatoe soup for later. Should be a good Vikes game, hopefully they put a poopy look on Sharon's face today. ...See ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That soup sounds great!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 23 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Made midnite watching Dr. Pol. Awaiting Mrs. Cheviot's return but rest of the day looks pretty casual. Dug one round bale feeder out of the snow so will let the yearling ewes out on that later today. Potential for some weather coming in Tuesday so on the lookout for that. Gotta run. Poppy has a ball stuck under the couch.
« Last Edit: January 01/01/23, 06:49:33 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Been getting an Ice Storm Warning for 6 pm Monday-6 pm Tuesday here since around 4 today. Up to .25" of ice with 1-3" of snow TWC's site is now saying. :scratch: It includes most of NC & NE Ia along with quite a bit of the land of rocks & cows. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 01/01/23, 06:22:32 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My sister texted me and said that SW MN could now see 8-12" from tonight thru tomorrow night.  Freezing rain first. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea been seeing that too..  could be interesting for sure.. Cold Spring looks it's in it good too.. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I guess NE Ia isn't included, so far. More along the east side of I 35 from here north to about Owatonna. :confused:
« Last Edit: January 01/01/23, 10:43:43 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 15 here this morning heading for 21 it says. Guess I have not paid any attention to the forecast over the weekend. I seen the rest of the gang off this morning and the wife should be leaving for work soon. This is the last day off. Not going to be much on my agenda today. Just go with the flow kinda day. May even fit in a nap.  ;) Well you boys have a good one.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Now you are practicing retirement mode JB.  Man what a pathetic game that was.  Now we know what to expect anyways.  Not that we didn't already know.  A win was more important to them than it was for us I guess.  Oh well it is only entertainment.  Our lobster turned out great last night.  We are doing the trip to the Falls today.  Good day for it.  I am feeling like maybe I finally got rid of the crud that has been hanging on.  Will get back to fishing this week.  Hope you don't get too much snow youse guys down south.  Have a good one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 19 this morning and might go up 2 or 3 degrees.   should be a good day to get a few things done, cause I don't think much will be going on outside tomorrow..  I did get the Christmas decorations all down and put away..  glad to have that done before the snow..  have a good day all...   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
How did you cook the lobster LPS?

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  23 here and like jb it's my last day off. Sure was tough watching Rodgers having a good time yesterday,  I shoulda turned it off. There yapping 4-8 for us, that's OK I don't mind blowing snow. Gots a couple errands to run today is about it....See ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How did you cook the lobster LPS?

We always wonder how we are going to do it.  We have boiled, steamed and grilled them.  They had a sheet that said bring water to a boil.  Drop lobster in and wait to come back to a boil and then boil for 10 minutes with 1 lobster and 13 minutes if two lobsters.  Worked great!~

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 28 here & we may see 33. They're still sayin 6:00 tonight before the fun :rolleyes: starts but now it's only 1" of snow with a 1/4" of ice & 15-25 mph winds. They still sayin Dotch & roony could get in on it too, as well as all of NW Ia. A couple ideas for early but then..................... :scratch:, have a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 19 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Light freezing fog is leaving a frosty tinge on everything. Storm heading this way tonite. 3" - 5" of snow predicted. We may get up to 1/4" of ice depending on how it tracks. Wife has another dr. appt. late morning tomorrow so hope the ice part goes somewhere else. Green Bay comes to mind... :coffee:
« Last Edit: January 01/02/23, 10:52:09 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin' comrades! 19 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Light freezing fog is leaving a frosty tinge on everything. Storm heading this way tonite. 3" - 5" of snow predicted. We may get up to 1/4" of ice depending on how it tracks. Wife has another dr. appt. late morning tomorrow so hope the ice part goes somewhere else. Green Bay comes to mind... :coffee:
:happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

afternoon fellers.......from residental cold spring!!!!!!! there still blabbering 4-8 inches of snow here!!!!!!

momma missed me!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Chris on the #4 said we are supposed to get 9.9 inches?   :rolleyes: Yea ok

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
talking 4 to 8 here

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
More concerned about the ice here.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
could get that here too, hope not for all of us!!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Chris on the #4 said we are supposed to get 9.9 inches?   :rolleyes: Yea ok
TWC's site now says 6-11"from 6 AM tomorrow to 6 PM Wednesday, with a light glaze for you.  :nerd: :evil: Some light freezing drizzle here, so far.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 1 above here right now heading for 14. Guess we are just getting cooler temps here. Getting ready to head back to the salt mines. Amazing how quickly a week off can go. Have a good one boys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, nuttin here yet. Going into the store for a couple hours this morning. Apparently when I'm away things go to hell in a hand basket! :pouty: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 12 at the moment here and no snow yet..   still 4 to 8 inches for us..  a friend headed out at 5am in his semi for Iowa to pick up a load for New York..  safe travels for all!!!  not much else going on here..  have a good day!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 33 currently, on our way to 37. Just a weather advisory for us now as the ice has stayed a little west of us. We had 33 & a light glaze real early, reports of > .25" of ice in Mason City though, & > .5" in Algona( ~ another hour west). No snow until it cools off again tonight, they're sayin.  :scratch: Might be a good day to stick close to home. We'll see when it gets light out. No more now, have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We did about 180 miles this weekend, found a couple of new, different watering-holes/places to eat too. We'll see how much snow we get. Blew out the schoolhouse on Friday, took two hours because it was 20 to 22 inches in a couple of spots. Got a before and after pictures. Have a great day all, later.. :happy1: :happy1:
mm