Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904584 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You could use some sunshine roony,  best swing by Glenn's on your way through!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh dang a funny one!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hows the snowfall look for the Bemidji area? I might roll down there in the morning.

Text messaged my buddy there & he said he was feeling left out, sorta like glenn... ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hows the snowfall look for the Bemidji area? I might roll down there in the morning.

Text messaged my buddy there & he said he was feeling left out, sorta like glenn... ;)
well i sure as heck hope that Roony is giving them wrens a  good place to "shelter in place" during this hilacious storm event!!!!!  :doah: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 6 here and heading for 20 today I guess. Not much here, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
 :mad1: Bummer
Only getting light snow today, probably only another 3 inches or so. On top of that it is 32 so will be a easy day to get on the tractor and clean things up around here. No big damage here from the so called ice storm. Flicking weather terrorists!  :thumbs:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 this morning and not much change in that I think...   not sure how much snow so far but it's not 6 or 8 inches like they said could get..  could get 2 or so more inches today..  so the big project for today will be clean up later..   have a good and safe day all!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  7 here at the moment.  Yesterday was a calm day and the sun even peeked out for a bit.  Would be nice to see more of it today.  No big plans here.  Just a Glenn Mikey type of day.   :sleazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the cities may have gotten the brunt of this storm. ???

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 30 now & shooting for 33. There looks to be a light glaze on the sidewalk & it's spitting a little light snow. We stayed above freezing until 2-3 hrs after sunset yday, so we were lucky. 511 shows most of our roads have some snow on 'em but they don't look real bad. No big plans here today either, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the cities may have gotten the brunt of this storm. ???
Nope Glenn did.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..................yep.all i got!!!!!!!!! :sleazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Luverne got about a foot and still snowing. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. 1" - 2" of sloppy wet snow soaked up with rain & drizzle. Light snow falling with another 2" - 4" expected. Not sure how I'll deal with it. Prolly need to use the bucket on the tractor & go slow so I don't dig any more ponds. Otherwise not much damage other than the one big hunk of ash tree & a lot of sticks. Internet is down but just glad the power stayed on.
« Last Edit: January 01/04/23, 08:35:37 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes I agree on the power staying on!!   hope it did for all!!!   snowing pretty good again..  it just comes and goes.. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read a great story in the Duluth paper about the small town of Craigville.  A few miles north of Effie.  Was a booming lumber town in the winter and deserted in the summer.  Hardcore place to be.  The bars were rough places to be.  Occasional murders and they had prostitutes.  The law left them alone.  The picture when Cheers started every episode of people sitting at the bar was taken in Craigville.  Lots of pics too. Good read. Deserted now.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, my internet is down too. Their recording says its from the antenna thingy right across the road from me. Internet terrorists!  :angry2: :doofus: :pouty: :crazy: :thumbs:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, I read the story a few minutes ago in our local paper. Good read. The big flakes are coming down now so I hoping the snow is done soon. Put the plow back on yesterday, but won't do anything until this crap quits or the bride is on her way home from work. Whichever comes first. Time to check on Craigslist and then maybe some watching stupid people doing dumb things on YouTube. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:

Thanks for the comment Dotch, made my day. ;)
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read a great story in the Duluth paper about the small town of Craigville.  A few miles north of Effie.  Was a booming lumber town in the winter and deserted in the summer.  Hardcore place to be.  The bars were rough places to be.  Occasional murders and they had prostitutes.  The law left them alone.  The picture when Cheers started every episode of people sitting at the bar was taken in Craigville.  Lots of pics too. Good read. Deserted now.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/the-vault/cheers-opening-montage-featured-this-wild-minnesota-logging-town

here's the link to the story good read!!!    :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wonder if Glenn has been up there to check it out???    :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
wonder if Glenn has been up there to check it out???    :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: nope...nuttin but a bunch of newspaper terrorists making things up!!!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :mooning:

hell i aint even made it up to see the lost 40 yet........and thats not even 20 miles from the cabin!!!!!!!! :doah:

but now that i know this i should go see iffin i can find it!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
forgot about that place!!   never seen it either... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We went to the Lost 40 a couple of years ago.  Some big trees there.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We went to the Lost 40 a couple of years ago.  Some big trees there.
The neighbor at the lake youngest boy's been up there trail riding & said it's a pretty  :cool: place. There's been a change in our forecast as the system is wrapping around & it's much like our ag guy's, 2-4" expected.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/the-vault/cheers-opening-montage-featured-this-wild-minnesota-logging-town

here's the link to the story good read!!!    :happy1:
That is a cool read. So what is the lost 40?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's 40 acres and you can google it since it is pretty famous.  The Lost 40!  I believe it didn't get surveyed back when they were cutting down all of the big white pines.  Kind of got overlooked I think.  SO it is still huge trees of old growth timber.  There is a little parking lot and some nice trails to walk.  Can see it all in an hour or so.  It is pretty cool.  You can get a sore neck from looking up at them.  We will do it again.  SW of Northome.   
« Last Edit: January 01/04/23, 11:46:21 AM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's 40 acres and you can google it since it is pretty famous.  The Lost 40!  I believe it didn't get surveyed back when they were cutting down all of the big white pines.  Kind of got overlooked I think.  SO it is still huge trees of old growth timber.  There is a little parking lot and some nice trails to walk.  Can see it all in an hour or so.  It is pretty cool.  You can get a sore neck from looking up at them.  We will do it again.  SW of Northome.
:happy1: :happy1: yep what he said....and i''ll refer it to just a bit northwest of wirt!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There was a small area on Heart Lake like that some folks we knew owned. A peninsula that was probably inaccessible when logging was at its peak. White pines were so big that when you put your arms around them, there was still 3' between your hands. Sadly, they blew down in one of the storms that went through back in the 90's.

Just lost power here for the 2nd time this a.m. Not a fan. Oops! Back on again. There's a lot of crap falling out of the trees. Hmmmm...🤔

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mom and dad had a black walnut tree inthere yard when we were growing up.......2 people couldnt put there arms around it and touch!!!1

oh yea.......i got all the mess the sun left yesterday all cleaned up!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :mooning: now to go clean up moms place  :happy1: need to retain that #1 son status ya know!!!!!! :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Of course, they were smurfs too so... :whistling: