Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905842 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good evening comrades! Started out with 14 at morning choretime, highest I saw was 33 about 2 p.m. & was still around 32 at evening choretime. Went into the office today and signed the guestbook. Everyone working there said it was great to see me because people actually started coming in when they saw my pickup. I had no idea I was such a draw! Said last week no one came in. Helped that the weather today was nice for a change. After a few hours of paperwork I got some groceries and came home. Made some lunch for me and the Mrs. then Poppy & I fell asleep for a half hour until chores. Mrs. Cheviot starts physical therapy tomorrow morning. Looking forward to that as it should result in increased mobility and responsibility on her part. I'm taking her tomorrow but some friends and neighbors have volunteered to give her rides to and from therapy occasionally. Needs to happen. See comment about falling asleep before chores. 😴   

Oh jeez, almost forgot, it was Jimmy Page's 79th birthday today! The pontiff of the power riff... :rocker;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZnHavrD4vQ&t=99s   

« Last Edit: January 01/09/23, 07:07:47 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good evening all.   Just back from a trip up to Lake Winnipeg.   Company was good, trip was good but fishing...it was fishing not catching so still pretty good.  We did not get into them this trip.  Marked a lot of fish that would not bite.   Maybe next time.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Scenic, I've heard stories about lake Winnipeg being really tough to fish AND fishing isn't like it used to be?? Any truth to that!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
This is actually my first trip to that lake.   It was really tough to move around because there is miles of jagged stack ice.   There really is no structure as it is a big bowl.  The landings are plowed but roads are not plowed roads.   Mostly goat trails.   The water clarity was about as far as the ice is deep.  Very milky water.  We ended up with 5 fish and from what I heard we did better than most.    I could not believe how many trucks were in line on that ice road. 

I am going back up in March just to see if more fish are staging in that river mouth area.  Locals say that is the time to get the big fish.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 24 here this morning and heading for 28 I guess. Sure warmed up overnight. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin ' comrades! 15 here when I let Poppy out to poop 💩 & pee. She makes quick work of it & am thankful for that. Heading for a high in the upper 20's. Going back to bed 🛌 a while, get up for chores, finish an article then haul the wife to Albert's Leaf. Hope they have a place for me to do my best glenn impression & take a nap. 😴
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  20 here headin for I didn't look.  I know a fella that goes to Winnipeg usually once a winter , from what he says they fish super shallow ripping spoons. By the looks of it I'm glad I didn't watch the blowout football game last night.  Anywho momma got a new treadmill the other day, kinda nice one has  different trails you can download,  I'll wait til she gets going on it and sneak the pickup down to the car warsh. Shhhhh....See ya!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Noticed on the way into the salt mines that we gots a freezing mist going on.  :pouty: Roads getting a we bit slippery.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 24 here to and as JB said might see 28..   foggy too this morning and a cloudy day the way it sounds..  got a few things to do today and also do a smoked meat loaf..   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That sounds great Mike.  I am going to take out a pork roast to thaw and cook it tomorrow.  27 here now and I am thinking of maybe hitting the landfill and jack those guys up a little.  Always a good time.  Sure helps the attitude with these warmer nights.  Already the 10th.  Man they are sure getting the rain it California.  Hope it fills the reservoirs there.  Have a good one.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning.   It is foggy to the point of almost misting out here this morning.  Not sure what is on the agenda today.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
good morning clan. Been so busy since Christmas this is the first time I have read some post. Is there a playoff board I'm not even sure who's in?
 My advice pick the opposite of me and you should be able to ride to the top :crazy:
anyway good morning
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 18 here & we're shootin for 27.  :scratch: Not sure if we made 40 yday or not but the carwash was already pretty busy ~ 3. Real foggy just north of I 90 this mornin too, hopin that's not an issue early tomorrow. :rolleyes: I started to throw a few things in the car yday, so I'll finish packing my bag early today. Some runnin again today but that's 'bout it here. No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like you could hit it all tomorrow, snow, fog, mist...   travel safe!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........foggy outside but not bad. not sure what i'm gonna do yet.......... :scratch: :scratch:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Our second oldest is coming over to pick up his snowmobile in a few minutes. Think I'll get my sled off the trailer for him. Headed to town after lunch to look into our upcoming MDHA event and the details around it. Other than that have a great day, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This afternoon I was watching the good neighbor have his roof removed of snow. They were using a roof rake I hadn't seen before so I googled it. It was called an Avalanche snow rake . It's got some kind of blue tarp the snow slides right down.

Pretty cool how that worked.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
That’s the same type of deal as the Roof Razor.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a crew come thru the neighborhood earlier knocking on doors. Skipped mine but left cards on peoples doors. A guy across the street musta agreed cuz all 4 doors opened on the pickup and 4 guys thru a ladder up and went to town. They used shovels, only did the bottom 4' and  used the homeowners blower..  :confused: price musta been right.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard a vehicle went through on Clear Lake in Waseca.No injuries i heard

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 to start the day here, heading for 31. May get a little snow too. Not much else here. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks slippery out side...  511 doesn't look great either..  going to Alex this morning, but will take my time...  Gunner was thinking on driving north today..  have a good day all!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
ya, little mist in the air this morning up here. Safe travels if you head north Gunner.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Icy down this way

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 30 now.  Unreal.  Will be donating blood today here in Baudette.  My second time.  Will get bales out to the horses today too.  Just caught one eye yesterday.  Will have it for breakfast with eggs.  We are all thinking of you Gunner.  Good luck. I be it will feel good to be back at the lake.  Later.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........i bet Gunner crawled back in bed.....those 2 dont travel with crappy weather!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

they arent as bad as my mom thhough...........she hears a snowflake in the air......she aint going anywhere. which reminds me i was asked to go up there and pull snow off her roof!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm in a dentist's chair in 50 minutes from now to get a tooth pulled. Yippee. Had to take tractor out yesterday to move the snowmobile trailer so I also moved some snow away and downhill from the house. It just hit 202 hours so it's time for an oil change. Should be broke in now. Better get ready to head to town, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have an onion sandwich for breakfast Mark.  LOLOL

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! Temp was 27 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Been watching a webinar about the markets, supply & weather for the upcoming growing season. Frost depth is shallow across much of the state as we've discovered here & is reflected in the ice thickness on the area lakes. A lot of snow but little frost could be a positive for an earlier spring barring heavy precip in March & April. Was a little glaze on the pickup windows this a.m. but nothing measurable.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we're sitting in a hotel behind Cabela's at the moment as we ran into the freezing fog somewhere between the Bugtussle exit & Hwy 14. Seen 3 in the ditch in the last 5-10 miles & that was enough. :surrender: Pretty much slid right through the stop sign at the bottom of the off ramp trying to get here too. :doah: Just got back from the nearby Kwik Trip & it's more than full of semis & none of 'em were leaving, either. Overheard talk of a jackknifed semi up at the rest stop just north of here. We'll be checking Mn DOT often & have already discussed staying tonight too. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon