Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903284 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much today. I got the oil changed on tractor yesterday so that's good for another 100 hours. Put up a window treatment on the big window in livingroom. Christmas stuff is gone now. Maybe take a snowmobile run to Osakis and sponge a couple beers off the BIL. Then load it up for a ride tomorrow. Talking about Miltona to Head of the Lakes to Browerville to Parkers Prairie and back to Miltona. Kid logged it on his trail thing on the phine and it came to 105 miles. Should be enough on my 63 year old back. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
where's the cabin at Bobber??  or is it where you every summer???   good for you guys!!!
its on sheephead lake!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  16 here. Probably alot of the same for me today, inside looking out.. Had a great visit with the folks yesterday,  they brought over all the paperwork for the cabin. It's official with the bro and I on the Title, I just gotta start a new insurance policy which I believe I'll go visit a few agents next week, the bills have been changed and are starting to filter in here. Anywho ya I'll stay from ladders also, but the black dog tho... See ya!!!
boober........mom turned all the bills over to my brother and i a few years ago.......i think this will be 3 years this month. the cabin is in a trust, mom did that a long time ago.

mom and dad had a seperate checking account they put money into every year to cover all cabin expenses..........so we are doing the same thing. might be an idea.but you gotta do whats best for you and the brudder!!  it works out pretty good. we do pay for little things out of pocket as things come up but the bigger stuff comes out of the cabin account. my brother has everything, well most everything set up on auto pay. i may write 1 maybe 2 checks a year.....one is for the taxes. when she gave us the checkbook for the cabin she had a nice little extra reserve..........we chose to leave it as that.

we did increase some of the insurance coverages since is about all we have done so far. every year my brother figures out what our expenses where and we adjust what we add. some things went up, but this year the taxes went down. propane was the biggest increase this year we are each putting in $1925.00.

if you have any questions let me know, i'll try and help!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 12 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-teens. Hauled the wife to Albert's Leaf again so waiting for her therapy session to get over. More business billing, paperwork & phone calls on the slate. After chores tonite think I'll need a therapy session with my gin supply. Gotta run! Ta ta!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Glenn,  we did the split check book thing years ago when there was multiple families involved.  This should be a walk I the park, I just gotta follow everyone around and turn lights off behind them..lol.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Glenn,  we did the split check book thing years ago when there was multiple families involved.  This should be a walk I the park, I just gotta follow everyone around and turn lights off behind them..lol.
Yea brothers kid is pretty irresponsible and he leaves the place less then impressive!! It's a good thing we shut the power off when we leave!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....pulled an LPS and Mikey and slpet in a bit...........until this certain white dog said....you had enough!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:

not certain what is on the agenda but i'll figure something out!!!!!!!!

Gunner...............i'm certain there is some snow in the wrong spots over on Peterson lake!!!!!!!! :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao:
:tut: Yeah, but..........................................it melts faster over there too.  :rolleyes: It has to :doah:.....................................................with all the extra hot air!!!!!!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :mooning:              ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....pulled an LPS and Mikey and slpet in a bit...........until this certain white dog said....you had enough!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:

not certain what is on the agenda but i'll figure something out!!!!!!!!

Gunner...............i'm certain there is some snow in the wrong spots over on Peterson lake!!!!!!!! :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao:
:tut: Yeah, but..........................................it melts faster over there too.  :rolleyes: It has to :doah:.....................................................with all the extra hot air!!!!!!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :mooning:              ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:bonk: :shocked: :shocked: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 12 this morning and hoping for 29 today!  got a few things done yesterday and I will just keep on with the same today..   will have to be outside for sure some of the day and hope there will be some sun again too!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 12 here and heading for 25 today. Got some projects to work on today. Need to split firewood and load the shed. Need to do brakes on the wife's Traverse. Also want to take a mixing valve out of the floor heat system in the house. I think that it is causing some issues with the flow. So only one way to know. Will need to try and watch some 🏈 too. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well Cooper made me lose the who can sleep longest contest this morning.  So I got up fed them and made coffee.  LOL  No big plans to day so will just do a Mikey and see what happens.  Don't think the wife has any big plans for me yet.  Looking forward to football too. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 15 early & 28 will be the high, they're sayin. :scratch: I got ~ 1/2 of the snow we need pulled off the garage & the back side of the cabin yday. Pulled the blower out & cleaned that up along with a couple other spots too. The neighbor's driveway was plowed shut so I went over with the scoop shovel & wheeler to open that up a little too. He said he might head up for a couple days next week so thought I'd help him out, if he does. Not sure where I'll start today yet :confused:, but it'll be 1 of those 2 places. 'Bout it here, have a great Saturday.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't overdo it young man. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers.......gonna get rid of  :evil:......er i mean take my wife down to her friends house in monticello this morning. :rotflmao: so i suppose i'll need to make a lap or 2 thru Runnings to see if there is something i dont need to buy!!!!!!!! :doah: :confused:

hounddogs are shedding like crazy..get them outside and brush them is on the list. watch some football. biggest question of the day.........am i gonna have a few libations as Dotch would say tonight or not!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of Cooper,  or is it Shadow.. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yep its Definity shadow!!!!!!!!! cept i got him trained to take Moms side of the bed!!!!!!! :smoking: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yep its Definity shadow!!!!!!!!! cept i got him trained to take Moms side of the bed!!!!!!! :smoking: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

yea right!!!

I see yer using the smoking emoji, how ya doing with that??

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 15 at choretime heading for a high around the freezing mark. May buzz to town to mail some stuff then putz the rest of the day. Need to get mentally prepared for the car club Christmas party. Some genius decided it should start at 5 which means some of the codgers will show up at 4:30 & wonder why everyone else is late. Who the hell eats supper at 4:30 in the afternoon? If I ever get like that I hope someone puts me out of my misery. Unreal. In the meantime the wife might get a bug up her rear & make some winter centerpieces that I'm supposed to deliver. Time to go into full glenn (hiding) mode... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

yea right!!!

I see yer using the smoking emoji, how ya doing with that??
meh.......sucks!!!!!!! :confused: :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: The scoop shovel is only used to chop up the hard, packed snow or to slide it out where I can get at it with the wheeler & plow, or the blower. Very little heavy lifting is done when I do it like that. The roof rake seems to only want to take ~ 1' of snow at a time too. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: The scoop shovel is only used to chop up the hard, packed snow or to slide it out where I can get at it with the wheeler & plow, or the blower. Very little heavy lifting is done when I do it like that. The roof rake seems to only want to take ~ 1' of snow at a time too. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
i hear ya with the roof rake..that stuff underneath is hard as a rock!!!!!!! it was both at the cabin and here at home!!!!!! :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Brother was doin it his way today :rolleyes: & I'm bettin he'll be lookin for the Tylenol tomorrow too. :bonk:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of Cooper,  or is it Shadow.. :scratch:

We have a king bed so more room in the pic otherwise that is exactly how it works here.  Although I am on the left and she is on the right.  Sometimes Cooper crawls right up to my head during the night.  LOL  I actually love it.  He usually has to be touching me when he sleeps.. Buddy squeezes in for about 5 minutes at the beginning of the night.  Bob does too near morning. 
« Last Edit: January 01/14/23, 12:45:55 PM by LPS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we did about 130 miles yesterday. Trails we were on were flat as a pool table so we could haul azz. At least at the beginning of the ride. Got a bit rougher later in the day with more traffic. Stopped at Head of The Lakes resort for a cold beer and burgers. Though Mike would be there, but he wasn't. Must have been his turn to buy  ;). My upset pick came thur yesterday, just hope today's games work out for me. Enjoy today's games, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, hey Mark I bought last time!!  actually I was in LP..  had a couple things to do there..  got a few things done yesterday, but saved some for today...  bought a breakfast pizza for this morning...  a different brand, called 7th street pizza..   give it a try..   have a good day and go Vikes!!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 here this morning and supposed to kinda hang around there today. Got a few things done yesterday including moving the fish house. Getting ready to head out the soon for awhile. I am hoping the Bikes can pull it off. I will come in from fishing and watch it later. Might as well get one last Vikings game in this season. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 28* @ 1st peek here & 36* will be our high. We finished the backside of the cabin's & garage's roof yday, so only the front left to do. Probably not today, however. Before the blower went back in the garage, I took it next door to widen it at the road & clean up a couple spots too. A run for the Sunday paper on the horizon & then .................. :scratch: Hopin your Sunday's a good one. SKOL!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  31 here and a south breeze.  Pretty dim out yet.  Cloudy again.  Well I had given up on the Jags.  They were failing at every level so I was watching the car auction and Catch a Smuggler show.  My brother texted me that the Jags were going to pull it off so I switched back just in time to see the ending.  I thought he was pulling my leg.  LOL  So a few of us got both right yesterday.  Lots more action today.  Will be fun to keep and eye on it. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........got a few things i wanna get done before football sunday!!!!!!!!!

JB..........sounds like you have no faith in the vikings!!!!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You are right Glenn. But I am hoping to be proven wrong.  ;)