Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900852 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Called a local business, contractor and I'm going to put the ceiling in the new garage I was too cheap to do it when it was built. They may be able to do it as soon as next week. This means I'll have to remove two boats, a SxS, four wheeler, two snowmobiles on a trailer, tractor, two mowers, snow blower and the plow for the truck. It's only for a couple of days. We'll see when they stop by today or tomorrow. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23 here and that is about the high too..   saying lite snow today too..  made it to Sartell and back yesterday..  I did stop at Manea's meats and got a few things, including a great cuban sandwich!!  and for only $6.00!!  got to go to Alex this morning for a few things..  get ready for the arctic blast!!!!!  have a good day all..   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The sandwich sounds good Mike.  The wife gets up at 5 and it was 9 then, it is -3 now.  Well I plowed yesterday and not long after I got done it started snowing again.  Probably 2 or 3" of the lightest stuff ever.  Still I need to plow it unless the wind comes up and blows it away.  I should plow the feed lot too.  Will make a run to town for some groceries too.  That should be it.  I hope.  I see light on the horizon.  Have a good one boys.
« Last Edit: January 01/25/23, 07:30:09 AM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Plowing update.  We may get 2-4" tomorrow thru tomorrow night.  SO per the Retirement Creed I will wait until after tomorrows snow and then get it all in one swoop.  That frees up a lot of time for me today.  Now I can read the new book I got on my Kindle and build a fire in the garage whilst I grain the horses.  Winds will gust up to 17 today so that may blow this light stuff away.   :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 they have several sandwiches there, the cuban and the reuben are my go to favs!!!!

well I see we got more snow than I thought, might have to clean it up later...  surprise!!!   But I might have to wait too, have to look into the forecast....   
« Last Edit: January 01/25/23, 07:56:06 AM by mike89 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 19 here & not gonna move much from that it appears. Some snow here yday PM too, but it looks to be < 1". Got a few things to do yet so we can hit the road early tomorrow. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........think i'm headed to paynseville today before the artic air sets in. looks like it'll be a good week to snuggle up with momma next week!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1: make sure the bird feeders are full!!!!!!!

lite snow flurries now and just enough to cover the sidewalk at the moment!!!!!!!

safe travels tomorrow gunner!!!!!!! :happy1: make sure you give your Inger girls a good smooch before you leave!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/25/23, 09:21:34 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. Light snow falling with accumulations of ~1/2" expected. Wife has another therapy appt. after I get done listening to this webinar on nitrogen, climate, etc. I like your rule Barry. I use it religiously when it comes to snow removal, and I ain't retired yet. :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We will have you all trained by the time you retire next year.   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: oh geez,  :scratch: :doah: Dotch is retiring next year!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: look at all the trouble he instigates NOW.......what'll next year be like!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I may have to look up that place in Sartell when I blow thru there mikey. Likes me a good rueben! 👍
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: oh geez,  :scratch: :doah: Dotch is retiring next year!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: look at all the trouble he instigates NOW.......what'll next year be like!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I was thru Cold Spring last year. I know where you live...  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I was thru Cold Spring last year. I know where you live...  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
and you didn't let me know!! :angry2: :confused: :pouty: WELL! :moon:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well made it to Alex and back..  roads were crappy to start but were getting better as the morning wore on..   I guess clean up the snow after lunch and then think about tomorrow nights snow later...   

safe travels tomorrow Gunner!!!!    :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/25/23, 11:25:33 AM by mike89 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking over retiring this year, just not sure. I may start collecting SS mid year even if I keep working. Cement is getting hard on my tootsies.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking over retiring this year, just not sure. I may start collecting SS mid year even if I keep working. Cement is getting hard on my tootsies.
I strongly recommend it!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The thing I miss most being retired is having a purpose. There is no reason to get up in the morning, no rush to get anything done. Anything not done today will still be there tomorrow. Last summer I worked 3 days a week just riding a lawn mower for the city. That was just about right. Gave me something to do and a few (very few) extra bucks but it wasn't full time. I need to figure the same thing out for the winter.

Working for nearly 50 years and then all of a sudden it's dead stop with nothing to do is weird.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, that first couple months was really weird not going to work every day. The cabin did help!! :happy1: I putzed, fished, cut wood alot.

That's why I started the gig at Teals!! I'll admit during the winter an extra day would be nice. But I manage.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: I've never even been to CS & I still know where he lives :rolleyes:....................... Google knows everything. :doah: I had a couple requests for his address so.......................... :sleazy:   ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 01/25/23, 02:23:11 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :doah: yeah some of this goes q bit to far IMO!! NOT that I care if you know but in a general since. Seems there is no privacy nowadays!😣

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -5 to start here and heading for 15 today. Sounds like snow again this evening with wind too. Then tomorrow the cold moves in. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 0 here and hope to see 12 today..   still saying some snow tonight...  darn new battery in the snow blower tractor and I had to charge it yesterday to get it to start..  oh well..   took longer to charge than clean the snow up!!   all part of the game of life..   have a good day all...    :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got plow on the truck yet but no snow. Maybe tonight the weatherman is saying. Was headed to town for haircut today but the steel guy said the contractor is stopping by at the same time so I'll have cut hair, all 200 of them, another day. Getting a bit thin up there these days. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I know what you mean by thinning hair Mark.  I went with the zing it all of method and the wife does it now.  I tell her we are saving thousands so I should be able to reinvest that in stuff.  Hasn't worked yet.   It was -7 a few minutes ago but is up to -5 now.  Glad I got all of the plowing done yesterday including the feed lot.  Even gave the horses another round bale so all is well in that dept.  They are still talking of snow tonight with a lot of wind.  We shall see.  Have a good one.
« Last Edit: January 01/26/23, 07:14:56 AM by LPS »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good morning all.  Sunny 0 right now in International Falls. Absolutely love the sunshine, to bad cold weather is associated with it. Did a bit of shopping yesterday, didn't buy much for groceries, still cost $60.

Anybody know somebody looking for a good career job working outside?  Einorsons is looking for help at the airport. Fueling planes, snow removal, maintenance,   mowing grass and a bunch of other stuff. Full time job.

Going to get started on a new book this morning. You all have a great day.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! -4 at choretime heading for a high around 5 above. More sunshine after <1/2" of snow last nite. Got the 2nd round bale dropped in the lot yesterday afternoon. 2nd cutting bale so the ewes went nuts on it, leaving the 1st cutting bale alone I'd put in over the weekend. Some paperwork garbage on the slate along with a feed run today. Gotta make sure that Hope butter supply is maintained.  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  Sunny 0 right now in International Falls. Absolutely love the sunshine, to bad cold weather is associated with it. Did a bit of shopping yesterday, didn't buy much for groceries, still cost $60.

Anybody know somebody looking for a good career job working outside?  Einorsons is looking for help at the airport. Fueling planes, snow removal, maintenance,   mowing grass and a bunch of other stuff. Full time job.

Going to get started on a new book this morning. You all have a great day.

When I first moved here I worked here at the Baudette airport and loved it.  Even helped put floats and skis on planes and helped do some mechanic work.  I have never been around planes before so was real interesting to me. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
14 here now.....2-3 inches of snow tonight.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.........shelves are stocked. got a couple things to do........even some outside.  otherwise i'm thinking a nap is in order too!!!!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! 14 to start and temp will fall thru the day. Gots some snow overnight and looks like some freezing rain too. I will have to do some snow cleanup after work today. Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!