Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903439 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, man the wind is cranking!!  could hear it over my sleep machine even!!!  I know we got some snow too but unsure as to how much..   but I'm sure it will need cleaning up...  better put the trickle charger on the battery a little later...  going to fire up the crock pot to today..   have a good day all!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Moarnin all, back south of the border & it's 28 with a snow shower. We may hit 32 later & it doesn't sound like the snow will amount to much today but tomorrow could be a different story. :scratch: We left the lake ~ 5:30 & were in Clear lake before noon yday. Hit the metro about right too as it wasn't much more than a 1/2 between Roger's & Bobber's turf. Only 1 little stretch between Faribault & Owatonna where the granny lane was a litte slick too. No more now, hopin your Friday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: January 01/27/23, 10:17:31 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Doesn't look like much for snow in the driveway, but enough where it will need to be plowed. I'm going to load up the tractor and head to BIL's place later today to blow out a path back to his shed where the SxS is going to spend the Winter. Maybe the four wheeler too. Neighbor stopped by yesterday and is headed over next week to install the ceiling in the garage so I need some of these toys out of there. Have to stop by the store and pick up a box of beer and a six pack of Shiner. Have a great Friday, later....
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It was 17 an hour ago and is down to 13 now.  We got a couple of inches of fluffy stuff that will need to be shoveled and plowed today.  That is my big project for the day.  Other than that do some reading and stay out of trouble.  Baked some pork chops last night and turned out ok.  Not as good as on the grill.  Later boys.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
11 here in International Falls this morning with some fresh snow. Looks like around 3"-4" fluffy stuff. They are talking about wind today so I'm not sure if I'll plow or wait until tomorrow.

Ice Box Days are in International Falls this weekend, seems the weather is cooperating. Snow sculptures and snowshoeing. Thats one thing about International Falls they seem to have a lot of year round celebrations and events every year.

Everybody stay safe and have a good weekend.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 at choretime with temps falling the rest of the day. West winds were clocked as high as 41 mph at Owatonna around 8 a.m. ~1" of new snow that's difficult to measure as most of it's deposited in front of doors, gates, and other places where it's most inconvenient. An issue in the lambing barn last nite that's ongoing. Monday's new arrival was doing OK but became chilled last nite. Brought it in and warmed it up overnite. The ewe was pretty upset & hopped out of the pen. Usually when that happens the ewe will accept the lamb for up to 24 hrs. once you get it back on its feet. Hasn't so far. She punted the lamb around the pen. Has relented somewhat but was still being a jerk about it. May have created a bottle lamb that'll have to live in the house until it warms up. That's OK. If the ewe's going to be an a-hole, she can be on the same trailer out of here as my least favorite ram.  :angry:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......yep looks like snow cleanup is on the agenda........birdfeeders to. windy here to.

dutchy.......here's your chance to find a hardy northern minnesota kinda a gal!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

due to the wind.....my cooking method has a slight change to it. the ribeye's will be over charcoal in the garage instead of the gas grill on the deck!!!!!!!!! num num!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Glenn when I was a little boy I touched a hot stove. I learned that "once burned was enough."   ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn when I was a little boy I touched a hot stove. I learned that "once burned was enough."   ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yea so did i, but the second time it wasnt near as hot!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So far so good on the lamb that we brought inside to warm up last nite. Ewe kinda mellowed out, especially after I got in the pen & pinned her against the wall initially so the lamb could nurse. Checked on her again after cleaning the snow out of the yard about an hour later. When I got the lamb up, there didn't seem to be any animosity towards it on the ewe's part. Lamb's mouth was warm and it nursed aggressively. Finners crossed. I hate feeding bottle lambs altho the wife is almost to the point of being able to do that if they're kept inside.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Your such a good surrogate mom Dotch!!  :happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/27/23, 01:18:10 PM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Your suck a good surrogate mom Dotch!!  :happy1: :rotflmao:

huh???   how do you know he sucks a surrogate Mom??? 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well just went out and checked the situation out..  got some to clean up as I figured but not as bad as it could have been for sure...  guess I'll get to it in a bit..   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Boar's disease!! :nerd:       ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Roony told me!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, I promised not to tell!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  21 here but sure don't feel it. Mommas been home all day so you think she could scrape the driveway and bring up the garbage cans noooope. So I spose I'll give it a one arm try. First week of lite duty in the books, and I tell ya it was a real snooze fest, have a little to do then bounce from 4 different chairs b esing with whoever, it sure pays to not get hurt. Anywho I'm done rambling...See ya!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, lite duty is boring!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got the snow cleaned up, wasn't to bad so didn't take too long.   have to remember to turn off the milk house heater thawing out the auger and chute area so it doesn't freeze up for next time... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got the snow cleaned up, wasn't to bad so didn't take too long.   have to remember to turn off the milk house heater thawing out the auger and chute area so it doesn't freeze up for next time...
funny you say that, kid said moms snowblower is froze up. Sounds like it's iced up where it goes into the second stage .. pretty sure a hammer will fix it. So guess what I'll be doing tomorrow!🙄 She's coming home Monday!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Down to +7 here in International Falls, the cold front must be getting close. Winds been blowing all day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
funny you say that, kid said moms snowblower is froze up. Sounds like it's iced up where it goes into the second stage .. pretty sure a hammer will fix it. So guess what I'll be doing tomorrow!🙄 She's coming home Monday!
yup that's where it does freeze, so I took my old space blanket and make a tent over the blower auger and heat it up...  mine is mostly plastic so a hammer might be bad!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi guys.  Well we made it to the Golden State, sort of cool, only got up to 65 today. :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear from you del. You should have 11 for a high tomorrow in cawchester with 1" - 3" of snow. We won't make it out of the single digits here but at least we'll get the snow... :rolleyes:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is -20 here.  Yikes.  May as well get this cold spell over with one day at a time.  And it is one day closer to spring.  Hi Del.  Good to hear from you.  I am just trying to stay out of trouble today.   

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 4 here. Looks like gunner is smacked around by some snow down yonder. Not much going on here, a couple errands and probably just hang out. The oldest is coming in a bit to help me do nothing also...See ya!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -19 here this morning. The wind seems to have died down. Going to go spend the day out in the fish house and stay out of trouble there. Hope to catch enough fish for supper. Well, you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -8 here and hope to see 0 today..  the wind has gone down big time from yesterday.. glad I got the outside done yesterday too!!!  got a benefit for a friend this afternoon so will have to go to that for awhile..  have a safe and warm day all!!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 9 currently & headed towards 13. Yeah, Bobber, we had some really light stuff comin down already at 6. The worst of it will be late morning & it could be done by early afternoon. Anywhere from 1-6" expected  :scratch:, depending on who you're listening to. :rolleyes: Nothin pressin here either, have a good 1.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good morning. -19 here in International Falls, brilliantly bright sun also. As Barry says, another day closer to spring!! Never stepped out the door yesterday so snow still needs to be tended to. Might happen today, tomorrow or maybe next Thursday. I have nowhere to go. Although I did finish that book yesterday so I could go to the library for more if I can muster the ambition.

Stay safe.