Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900800 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 7 at choretime heading for a high around 9. Chores done, breakfast eaten, coffee down the gullet. Lamb & ewe were good this a.m. so was pleased with that. NE wind with some humidity tho so it drives the cold into a person if you don't keep moving. Froze my assets off yesterday cleaning the driveway & in front of the garage with the skidsteer. Open station equipment is overrated in the wintertime. Looks like we're dodging the snow so far today. Mostly staying down in gunnerland. Wife got her walking boot off yesterday. Her ankle has healed well so they have her wearing a brace. She can put more weight on it so hopefully this means she can pick up some of the slack in the house. Can & will are often 2 different things as I've discovered over the years. 🤔 Need to make a grocery run then move on to the next potential crisis.
« Last Edit: January 01/28/23, 09:56:32 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........slow moving this morning........i stayed up way to late last night watching grumpier old men!!!!!!!only project on my list today id of course outside. need to get moms snowblower unfrozen and her snow cleaned up!!!!!!! need to retain that #1 status yea know!!!! :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Been gettin it  :snow4: pretty good for ~ the last hour. :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Been gettin it  :snow4: pretty good for ~ the last hour. :rolleyes:
that should keep you out of trouble for a little bit at least!!!!!!!!!1 :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure is quiet from LPS today...   must be ice fishing...    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OR........ :scratch: :scratch: :doah:
or.......... :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

well got done doing what i gotta........wsnt actually all that bad out.....iffin your properly dressed. i do see we are in a windchill advisory...... off to cook up a batch of chicken wild rice soup!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
-40 ish up here with the windchill tonight & early morning tomorrow.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

There just got caught up with the chatter.  Got home not long ago. Then started the wood burner in the garage and grained the horses and now here having a cocktail.  The Dr. called and they had a cancelation so yesterday I got my pain shots in the back a few day early.  SO I drove 200 miles to have lunch with an old buddy I haven't seen for some time now.  Long drive but good to see him.  He made lunch, blueberry brats and pancakes.  The back felt good too.  I went past Markn's hunting pad cuz is right on my way.  I saw a red chevy truck and a car in his driveway.  The traffic was going real slow on the blacktop and here it was the snowmobile race and the sleds were right there running the ditches.  Cool as heck so glad the traffic was slow.  Those guys can really ride.  Even on the slopes of the ditch they were not intimidated by that at all.  I hate slopes.  Saw some wheelies and some jumping the approaches on the trail.  Didn't see a sled like mine though, a 1998 Ski Doo Grand Touring 583. Mean machine.  LOL  Actually it is more than enough for me.  Well good to hear everyone is doing well.  SO is Del back at the nude beach program???  I envy him.  We are going to have in the -20's for 5 more nights.  Better fill the Ranger with wood tomorrow.  About -3 here now.  That will be the high for tomorrow.  Maybe the wife will just carry some wood in.  LOLOL   That ain't happening.  I didn't bring Cooper and he was really barking when I left so I felt bad but he has to learn to deal with it.  He just started this when he started jumping up on the cupboards.  Maybe 2 months ago. The wife said he was still barking and looking out the doors waiting for me to come back 20 minutes later.  Was driving her nuts so she honked him with the boat type horn for dog training she bought.  He doesn't listen to her very good at times so she wanted a little more punch.  It really works good.  She honks that thing and we all jump.  He comes right to her them.  He actually loves here and likes to sleep in her lap at times which is cool as heck.  So the boy missed me.   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well Yea!! We thought you went into hiding!! :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya think Del would invite us out the the nude beach thing?  We couldn't get Rinehart to let us all camp at his house to visit his nude neighbors.  LOL  We could take the MNO Jet that I still haven't even gotten to see yet. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, shadow drives Sue nuts to when I don't take him with  :sleazy: :rotflmao: and he sits on my lap at least 3-4 times a day!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here.  When I put my blackout eye covers on ($10 Amazon) he knows it is time to jump in my lap.  This is right after lunch, usually lasts about an hour.  Feels great!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a balmy -24 here.  Will be for a few more nights too.  Gonna burn up a lot of wood.  Not much wind at the moment.  Didn't take the dogs long to do their business this morning.  All excited as usual to go out but were both holding feet up as they approached the door to come in.  I keep a close watch on them so they don't have to wait to get in in this weather.  Cooper did lay beside me and at my feet last night so I think he still does love me even after I deserted him.  LOL  Will grain the horses twice today.  Well coffee is about ready so see ya later.  Be careful out there.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 1 here with -17 WC. Looked out the garage ~ 10 last night & it was still lightly snowing. Most of the reports around us were of around 4". So, we'll be getting suited up to move that 1st thing. No more now, stay warm & have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -16 or something like that here...  cold cold cold for the forecast...   seems like the benefit was a success..  at least there was lots of folks there...   staying warm is the mission for the week I'm thinking!   have a good day all...

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -18 here. Just having a bowl of corn Chex before I head out fishing. I will fish until noon or 1. Then come in and load the woodshed. Your are right on LPS. We are going to burn some wood the next week for sure. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples was 0 here when I went out to retrieve the paper , now is -4. Not much going on today besides some football later on, the oldest came over yesterday,  we made a pretty good dent in a box of beer, 2 bags of wings on the Traeger and 2 frozen zas in the oven. Paper is read and coffee is about wrapped up....See ya!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Fun time bob!! Good for yu! Stayed home this weekend. Had detail the Boars nest, cause were selling it its looin good!! Gona to some ribs! Watch some footbal, cater to the wife! And piddle around! Have a great day
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great plan Jeff.  I think I will do some ribs in the oven so I don't have to be outside any more than I have to.  I just started using my small propane torch for the browing process and works great.  Kind of fun too. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Found a ceiling mounted furnace for the garage yesterday in Sauk Center. 130,000 BTU should be able to warm it up. Not much on the agenda for today other than football, maybe do a couple of steaks on the Pit Boss later today.
 LPS, that snowmobile race continues today also. We had plans to go up, but I didn't feel like standing outside at minus 8 for two to three hours each day. Plus heating up the schoolhouse, which would have taken a day, so we stayed home instead. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
-20 right now in International Falls. So nice to have the sun up when I get moving and until the news starts at night.

Nothing so fancy as ribs for this boy today, likely Corn Dogs in the microwave.   :rotflmao:

Remember, San Fran & Bengals are your winning picks today.

Have fun, stay safe.
« Last Edit: January 01/29/23, 09:35:02 AM by dutchboy »
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...has -11 when i looked. all the way up to 0. -16 tonight!!!!!!!! got a call friday my venny summer sausage is done at Mcdonalds in clear lake.......that will be monday afternoons project.

todays project is to get the garage warm so i can hopefully fix that hood release thingy.

stay warm fellers!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i see where a 13 your old kid won the Branierd Jaycees fishing contest with a 9 lb 4.5 oz walleye.!!!! :scratch: on a tungsten jig and waxie!!!!!!

he picked a ford over chevy   :scratch: :doah: somethins wrong with that kid!!!!!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow how cool is that.  Man I hope they do a good scoop on that on the news.  Good for him. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! -5 at choretime heading for a high around 1 above. Wasn't much wind during chores so it felt warmer than it did last nite. Fed the lamb born on Monday a bottle after chores. She looked a little hunched up even though her mouth was warm. She glugged it right down so will keep supplementing her until the weather warms up. Her mother has milk but tough to tell how much or what quality it might be. Should haul the garbage out sometime today. Otherwise staying inside until chores.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's crazy!!!   let the dang rod go unless there is something unknown that happened.. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm guessing he had a belt on hooked to the rod. But ya never know.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What a shame.  What a way to go. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: mission accomplished....garage warmed to about 30, got the truck hood lever back in place....and all things put away!!!!! :happy1: missed the opening drive of the 49ers game but also got a couple closets cleared out!!!!!