Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905687 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Most ewes don't eat the afterbirth but have seen a few. Usually I try to fish it out of the pen before they get a chance. Keeps the pen drier & cleaner. Pick the goo up with one of those evil plastic grocery bags, place in a feed sack & deposit in the dumpster. Cold enough when we lamb so it stays frozen. A tire on top of the dumpster lids to keep the varmints out. Any varmints spotted are dealt with severely.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
When I did chores, I heard something go go "Schplottt!". Looked in the new lambs' pen & thought at first it was another lamb. Wrong, just a large lotza mottza of placenta. Nummy. :coffee:
Do the mamas eat those pizzas, or do you pitch em in the ditch?

mails it to Glenn!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Especially the real sloppy ones  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Anybody hear anything from LPS? He hasn't posted in here since Feb 2. Hope everything is OK with him. Not like him to miss the "Good Morning" thread.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Winter in La Jolla

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
When I did chores, I heard something go go "Schplottt!". Looked in the new lambs' pen & thought at first it was another lamb. Wrong, just a large lotza mottza of placenta. Nummy. :coffee:
Do the mamas eat those pizzas, or do you pitch em in the ditch?

mails it to Glenn!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry Steve but Glenn made me say it!!!!   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Agreed. No one ice fishing I see...🤔

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Winter in La Jolla
Looking perty gloomy towards Bl. Beach.... :pouty:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed. No one ice fishing I see...🤔

A few out on the edge of the kelp, and maybe beyond some refuge line.  gotta look carefully

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 10 above and supposed to make 34 today. We had a good time fishing this past weekend. The catching was slow but we had fun. Getting ready to head back to the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 18 here and going for the same high as JB...  got to enjoy this weather!!   saying we have a small chance for snow today too..  we will see..   gotz a few things to do today...  have a good day...   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 16 for our start & we may hit 40. :happy1: They're talkin some mid to late afternoon rain here. Some runnin this mornin to do & will go from there. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Anybody hear anything from LPS? He hasn't posted in here since Feb 2. Hope everything is OK with him. Not like him to miss the "Good Morning" thread.
:scratch: Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything from LPS since his last post in the "Could be political" thread. :sad:  I too, hope he is well & he comes  back........................................................soon. :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything from LPS since his last post in the "Could be political" thread. :sad:  I too, hope he is well & he comes  back........................................................soon. :pouty:

2nd that

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I sent Barry a text. And yes he is disappointed that things have gotten to political.  :confused: I told him we hope he comes back. Life is to short.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 15 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. May be a watershed day here. The Mrs. will attempt the drive to her therapy session in Albert's Leaf today. I'm riding shotgun this trip but if all goes well, she may start to fly solo. She's also talking about going back to work a few days a week, answering phone, taking orders, etc. I took her down to the barn in the Gator last nite. She was able to mix up feed pans for the individual  pens & yearling ewes so that's a plus. She might've overdone it but she's determined to continue doing it. Every little bit helps. Almost forgot, one newbie in the overnight, a pipsqueak buck lamb. He's smart, the ewe accepted him & she has milk. Older ewe so that's all I can ask.

Ya, I hope Barry comes back too. I know how easily I get upset about other's opinions when I don't agree with them. I also think those opinions need to be kept in perspective. Frequently it's from someone I only know from their posting here. I also think those whose opinions one disagrees with need to realize that silence on a matter doesn't constitute agreement. There is so much misinformation and disinformation on all sides of issues. I see it in my profession every single day. Science & politics make horrible bedfellows. The MSM is complicit by following narratives & taking positions rather than presenting matters fairly & equitably. The internet & social media only make matters worse. End of rant.
« Last Edit: February 02/06/23, 10:14:50 AM by Dotch »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I sent Barry a text. And yes he is disappointed that things have gotten to political.  :confused: I told him we hope he comes back. Life is to short.
:happy1: :cool: I sent him a PM this AM too.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just talked to my buddy Jim, he went over to LP to get a few grocery's from the store..  sigh on the door states cash only!!!!   no credit or debit cards at all....   he has no cash and only a card...   he said ok I'll go else where..  they said it's all over LP!!!    WTH!!!!!   power flickered about 2 hours ago so I wonder???   Minn Power...   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Must have been the EMP on that Chinese balloon.  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 There's quite a few places like that up at the lake, they'd rather take a check than plastic. Some of the smaller businesses , in fact, will charge you an extra 4% if they do take plastic. Which is about what it costs them in service charges they pay to the card companys for every transaction. That 4% eats a hole in their profits big time & they don't want to have to raise their prices in order to keep the lights on. Quite a few of these places, but not all, have a ATM though & that way you pay the service charges. Personally, I refuse to pay a service charge to use my own money. Most know us well enough though & will take our checks. :cool:
« Last Edit: February 02/06/23, 11:42:30 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I know what you are saying Gunner, but this is whole town!!!  there is more to this story that I don't know yet...  we have places here too that have surcharges on cards... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Interesting. Few places here won't take plastic. A few of those that do will tell you upfront there is a surcharge of 2 - 4% depending on the place. Guessing most have the surcharge built into their pricing. I know some of the business owners are aware that if they don't take plastic & someplace down the road does, odds increase they might go elsewhere next time. A few years ago I was surprised to see Pioneer take credit cards for seed purchases. With frequent flyer miles, redeemable points and gift cards, I can see why some customers wanted to do it. I could also see in some cases it might keep them from buying Brand X.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, all of 'em that have a surcharge have a sign up that tells you about it. The next place isn't just around the corner very often either. There's only 1 or 2 that don't take plastic & don't have an ATM either & they must not care if they lose a little business because of it. I didn't realize you meant the whole town, mike. That's some major $, Dotch.
« Last Edit: February 02/06/23, 07:53:19 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Back when I was in business I had a guy buy a used piece of equipment. He was one of those guys who needed to quibble and haggle about price to feel like a man. Anyway he negotiated away any warranty I was offering. His idea. On the sales invoice I noted that he was buying as is with no warranty. He initialed the notation. He then slaps down a credit card for payment. I took the card and the 3 1/2% charge it was going to cost me. Month later I get a notice from the card company he had disputed the charges. WTH? I called him and he said the piece had worked but something wasn't quite right. I asked why he disputed the charges without calling me, he said because he could. I laughed and said, ok. Called the credit card company and they basically told me "tough" the customer is right. I told them I could fax over a copy of the receipt of him signing off on it. Again, they said to bad. So I said you would rather lose a vendor that the average cc sale was over $1,500 vs holding the customer liable. Their answer was yes.
The next day their equipment was mailed back to them and I never took another credit card. I instead offered a 7% discount for cash and told them where the ATM was.

As for the customer. I called him and said sorry things didn't work out. He said thats ok maybe next time. I said there will never be a next time for you.

I then sent out 8 e-mails to all the dealers I knew (it's a small fraternity) naming the guy and warning about him. Last I had heard he couldn't buy any used equipment, for some reason nobody would sell him anything that didn't carry a new factory warranty.

And then there was the time a lady couldn't sell her restaurant because I had a lean on her equipment from 7-8 years previously.   :rotflmao:  Another story for another time. ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The state of Minnesota and deputy registrars charge to use plastic.   

Was the issue temporary or permanent.   Sometimes internet goes down and cards cant be processed.   Out here in sunny california, the vendors at the farmers market seem to prefer cards to cash.   And the guy on the beach selling fruit cups mexican style wanted venmo.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sorry to say, but I believe we have lost more members because of the "political" thread than any other reason.

Folks have their point of views...and sometimes they are pushed a little to far. The political threads were a "legacy" before I took over.

Like I told Barry, we are all cut from a different cloth and woven into a new quilt together whether we like it or not. We may not agree what we are entangled with, but in the end, we have to make it better than when we found it..... All folks have different views, pull what makes sense, and the rest, take with a grain of salt.

As long as we leave our kids and grandkids with values of right and wrong, and instill morals....we have done our job on earth.

Sorry for the soap box....I got other stuff to work out, like saving this crappy site 🤣
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well said sir!!!    :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Sorry to say, but I believe we have lost more members because of the "political" thread than any other reason.

Folks have their point of views...and sometimes they are pushed a little to far. The political threads were a "legacy" before I took over.

Like I told Barry, we are all cut from a different cloth and woven into a new quilt together whether we like it or not. We may not agree what we are entangled with, but in the end, we have to make it better than when we found it..... All folks have different views, pull what makes sense, and the rest, take with a grain of salt.

As long as we leave our kids and grandkids with values of right and wrong, and instill morals....we have done our job on earth.

Sorry for the soap box....I got other stuff to work out, like saving this crappy site 🤣

I'll say this and then leave it alone.
People take their party (either side) far to seriously. Both sides have proven to be either idiots, incompetent or out & out criminals. The hilarious thing is some people think they can change peoples minds on political parties or politicians.  Can't be done.

My advice to EVERYONE, is don't take your politics or yourselves to seriously, because nobody cares. It's all opinions & opinions only.     :smiley:   :smiley: