Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4961120 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 10 here & aiming for 31. I had some early stuff goin on yday & am glad it's done. It looks like it'll be in the 40's here Wednesday & Thursday, so the precip here will start as rain & change to snow in the afternoon. Only 1, maybe 2" by morniing, windy though. Nothin going on here for about the next couple weeks so we're planning on heading north again tomorrow early. No more now, make it a great day.
« Last Edit: March 03/14/23, 08:01:34 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels Gunner!! watch out for the Glenn forecast!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: That's the main idea, mike.....................................avoiding glennmageddon. ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: oh tje abuse!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk:

morning fellers........gonna duke this weather.......deciding not to go..then when they chance the forecast.....quick pack and go!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

other then that Mom came back to stearns county yesterday.......probably go see her and check the lakes out!!!1
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 5 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Another tear around Tuesday on tap after a cold start. Head into the office this a.m. After lunch make a trek to Hope this afternoon to pick up the bag of mineral I paid for & they didn't have on Saturday. Drop off some grocery bags so they have some to use for their customers & grab another batch of Hope butter. We wound up giving our last lb. away to Auntie Mar Mar. Her Mom, Agnes, is in hospice care. Also gave her some pulled pork & other assorted foodstuff. They have extra mouths to feed. Mrs. Cheviot is heading to WI today to look at a facility for a youth sheep show. Won't return until later this evening. While the cat is away, the mice will play. And do the chores by themselves.  :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to get the shear pin on the blower replaced today. Friend stopped by yesterday and not much got done. After that the driveway is getting widened out and some snow around the house moved. At this temp I should be able to get the snow from the driveway about 75' out into the yard. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Forgot to mention that on our way to Bemidji last Friday a woodchuck crossed the road in front of us.  First one of the year.  I am going to make and freeze hamburger patties today.  Nice to have a bunch of then on hand.  2 per pkg.  Will see how much I get made.  Nice and sunny here today.  Not sure what that Thur. snow situation will turn out to be.  I did read that even though we don't have an overly amount of snow that with spring rains we could still have some flooding.  ???   Couldn't everywhere with that scenario?   Later boys, have a good one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Forgot to mention that on our way to Bemidji last Friday a woodchuck crossed the road in front of us.  First one of the year.  I am going to make and freeze hamburger patties today.  Nice to have a bunch of then on hand.  2 per pkg.  Will see how much I get made.  Nice and sunny here today.  Not sure what that Thur. snow situation will turn out to be.  I did read that even though we don't have an overly amount of snow that with spring rains we could still have some flooding.  ???   Couldn't everywhere with that scenario?   Later boys, have a good one.

woodchuck burgers???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a sad deal!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What a crying shame!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, couple of pangas tried to come into blacks beach in the middle of the night on Saturday.  8 of them didn't make it.    Tide was high so lifeguards/rescue guys couldn't get onto the beach with vehicles.    Then Sunday was really foggy so they couldn't do much searching since choppers couldn't fly.   Saw a coast guard boat out on Monday running a search pattern but I'm thinking that wasn't going to do much.  Water temp is 56.

If you are looking at the map it was about 800 yards north of where black gold road goes down to the beach.     

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that the other day, was trying to visualize where it was from the pier.  Wondered if you were still out there del. A buddy bout 70 miles east of you sent me pics of snow a couple weeks ago, you get any or just rain?

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27 here and heading for 32 today it says. Cut firewood and loaded the woodshed last night. Will do that again tonight. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 21 here and going into the 30's today..   looks like some snow again tomorrow..  it's still March...  when I go to Alex this morning I'll stop at Mark's and get my prize package!!  just what to get a few things in town..  have a good day all!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  23 here.  Looks like that snow will go south of us from what I see.  Time to turn the snow machine off for the year.  I need to get oats and dog food today.  I had started buying Blue Buffalo??  dog food on Amazon a couple of years ago.  It was not available for awhile but Amazon had Wags which has the same ingredients.  Well we are getting moths from the dog food.  I am going to Cenex today to check out their food again.  I fed the regular Tuffy's for years and our dogs looked great.  Cheaper too.  I hope I can get back to that route.  Well you all have a great day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-40's. That's going to feel pretty nice compared to what they're talking about for the weekend. I do not like words like "blustery" & "blowing snow". Mrs. Cheviot made it to & from her destination in Madison WI. Poppy and I stayed home and worked like slaves as usual.  :rotflmao: Have a webinar to listen to at 9 then need to go into the office for a while to do payroll, banking, mail glenn his ear muffs... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got Mike on his way to Aldis (I think) with his cap and tee shirt. Finish off this cup of coffee and then get ready for a 11:00 funeral. Need to do some running around for our bingo event after that. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/15/23, 08:53:10 AM by markn »
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.....was 28 when i looked. kinda sounded on the news last nite it be above freezing this morning.... it
'll get there.  going up to see mom today. suppose i gotz a honey doo list there also.....usually do!!!!!! :rotflmao:

LPS......when we first picked up our pooches she said she fed them Diamond.......i did for a while but his stool was always runny, so i switched to Purina.......been good since for the most part. been feeding all my dogs Purina. my now 16 year old sheltie who is deaf and no teeth i feed pedigree canned soft food in the morning and the ourina puppy chow at night. smaller, softer  pieces!!!!! when i first started feding her the canned food it was 99 cents a can.....now its 1.89, some places 2.19.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got Mike on his way to Aldis (I think) with his cap and tee shirt. Finish off this cup of coffee and then get ready for a 11:00 funeral. Need to do some running around for our bingo event after that. Later... :happy1: :happy1:

that I did!!!   scored a nice corned beef flat for $3.99 a pound too!!!  crock pot tomorrow!!!   

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.   Overcast here this morning but actually pretty nice out.  Wish I had time to be out on the lake but to much going on for that today.   Boat project is on hold for a couple days now so we can allow paint and clear coat to dry.   But plenty of other projects going on too.

LPS.. I feed that Blue Buffalo and have had great results with it.  This fur kid eats very little of it compared to some of the other brands.  She also eats a lot of people food too.   She is a lab so I think half goat.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gents, back at the lake since ~ 8:30. The roads were good & the traffic was even better. Not sure we've hit the west metro that good before ever. The guys doing the doors on the shed were only around a 1/2 hour behind us too. :cool: They figured it would be around a 4 hour job, so they could be about done. Looks like we had 5-6" of new stuff out back, some more (1-2") :scratch:, on it's way too. 'Bout it here for now.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here and I think that will be the high for today. Got a little snow over night. It drifted pretty well in the front yard. So the roads should be lovely on the way to work. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, windy and maybe lite snow so far..  still saying 1 to 3 here..  33 here at the moment but sounds like it will dropping all day..  not much else going on...  have a good day all!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes it is really blowing here and got a couple of inches of snow overnight.  Need to make a run to the store for supplies today.  Will hold it tight so it doesn't blow away.  Not sure if I have to plow or not.  Will see once I get outside.  Took the dogs for a run out on the river yesterday.  I took the wheeler with tracks on it.  Lot of snow out there. 

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning......27 here. Strong winds, but no snow. Snow south of here. Good.....don't need anymore. Forecast is for possible strong spring flooding.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  A person could go kite sliding today.  Between the howling wind and the ice from the light rain last night she is slickery out. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 31 at 1st peek & that looks to be the high for the day. We had 40 & lots of sunshine here yday. Snow predicted here too, 2-4", starting around noon & only for 3-4 hours so I'm thinkin we'll be on the low end of that. The flag is moving here already too & they're still talking of 35 mph gusts at times today. The guys were done with the shed doors & gone by 1:30 yday. :cool: No plans so far, have a good day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Would like to pictures of your new shed Gunner.