Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900912 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I did get some snow and ice scraped out of the driveway yesterday. Brother texted, he works for a cabinet maker just down the road from me, and asked if I needed a couple of 7' tall tower cabinets they recently removed from a house. Of course I said yes. Went over to pick them up and I asked the boss how much he needed for them. His reply was "free". My favorite price. Planning on putting backs of them and then making a half closet (with shelves) to hang heavy jackets, bibs, ect. in and all shelves back in the other for two cycle oil, oil yard chemicals and the sort. Tha small one might be for cordless tools. More coffee, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was just watching a small doe eating off the cedar tree in the neighbors yard a bit ago...   kind of fun!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
damn Mark you get all the good free deals!!!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers.........sure didnt sleep worth a dang last night. been thinking with all the crap going on i may just nix the trip north. i have some thinking to do!!!!! got a few things to do other then hang by my phone. hate it.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! Started out at 28 during chores and saw as high as 49 so far. Sounds like some precip on tap for tonite then sloppy, wet snow tomorrow nite. Nothing like what's supposed to happen to the north, this time. Usually we get our turn in the barrel, about the time people start to think they can maybe start working ground. Works almost every time. In the meantime, we've lost a lot of snow today in these parts. Can definitely see we got more out of the blizzard at the ranch back in Feb. Still more snow out that direction vs. Bugtussle. More mud too. Always nice to have a place to put stuff, markn.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  yeah not much for uncovered ground here, some rain would help that out, although looking at the neighbors yard it must be going down cuz I can see more dog chit daily,  God I hate that.  Anywho been on da phone wrangling new insurance for da cabin, done deal. It's funny tho taking over the bills for the place the electric has gone up 2 bucks every month since December,  with nobody there! Gotta be a faulty Democrat is what I'm going with..Anywho spose I better do something besides sitting..See ya!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here and a couple inches of fresh snow overnight. Heading for a high of 32 today. Sounds like the wind will pick up later and blow the snow around. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 30 last I looked here & headed towards 33. It looks a little more like 5" for us, so that'll be my 1st project today. Not sure what else is headed my way yet today so just gonna play it by ear. Hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 this morning and cloudy...   try to get to 30 today..  maybe an inch of snow..  but ice I have no idea yet..  so no errands this morning, wait till tomorrow for them..  when the sun peaks out I'll have a better idea what I have to do outside..  have a good day all... 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Roads were pretty crappy last night on the way home from Carlos. Light rain was coming down on top of the snow. Ish. May have to go to Menards to pick up a couple sheets of OSB to cover the back on the new cabinets. The rest I'll cut in half for sheeting the top of the other two walls in the garage later this Spring. Easier to store them at 4'x4' too. Sounds like enough for, need to leave something for tomorrow, right lps? Got my welding bench done too. Here's pictures of "before" and "after". Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That is a perfect welding table Mark.  Good job.  It is 23 here and we got about 3" maybe by looking at the wife's tracks.  Pretty thick cloud cover yet.  Will get it plowed up this morning after coffee and sausage and eggs.  Took the wheeler and the boys out for a ride on the river last night.  Lots more snow out there than what there was.  Glad I got the fish house off when I did.  You all have a good day.  Don't overdo the shoveling.  Nothing wrong with taking a break. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.    Well looks like a plowing day here this morning.  Got about 4" of wet sloppyness.  At 0400 this morning it was lightly raining just to gloss things up a bit more. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 36 at choretime heading for a high around 39. Toppedoutat 49 yesterdayattheranch. .1" of rain in the overnite. Heard it pattering on the windows about 11 last nite. Worked just like a sleeping pill, nigh-nigh. Another webinar on tap this a.m. then have to deliver some food to good friends who lost his mom this week. Prolly need to pick up some more food for Auntie Mar Mar's family as Agnes continues in hospice care. After that, play at the office for a while and by then it'll probably be choretime again. I think Mrs. Cheviot is on Poppy patrol today. Hopefully she starts taking her out to do her business. Aside from tethering her out, she hasn't done that yet. If you can walk to the 60 yards to the barn, you should be able to take the dog out to poop. It's time.  :coffee: 
« Last Edit: March 03/22/23, 08:54:04 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......only thing on my gotta do list is put fish in brine. i'm runnin low on pickled fish!!!!! :pouty: my smoked fish supply should last till opener......i hope!!!!!!!! :shocked: gotta have momma pick up some salmon at costco soon though!!!!!! thats stuf is worse then crack!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been watching a small doe resting under my dock, for 4 hours or more just laying there, opens here eyes from time to time and even raised her head once...  watched her yesterday eating off the neighbors cedar tree... 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 9 above here and heading for 33 it says. Cut firewood and loaded the woodshed last night. Also cleaned up the snow in the driveway. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......only thing on my gotta do list is put fish in brine. i'm runnin low on pickled fish!!!!! :pouty: my smoked fish supply should last till opener......i hope!!!!!!!! :shocked: gotta have momma pick up some salmon at costco soon though!!!!!! thats stuf is worse then crack!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Good morning all.  Got all the snow from the last mess cleaned up yesterday.  That stuff was some wet sticky stuff to plow.  I picked up some eye of round that will need to be sliced today and it will become jerky in a few days.    Glen has me thinking I need to pick up Salmon now as I am out of smoked lake trout.   Once the snow drops some I will chase some Tullies and White fish for the pickling and smoker.   

Back to the boat project.  Most of the prep stuff is done so now its put back together time.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 11 now and hope to see 30 today..   going over to Alex this morning and get a few things..   not much so it will a short trip, the best!!  have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  May see 36 today.  It has gotten warmer than what they predict on most days so may see 40.  Will give the horses  2 more round bales today.  I may also boil some spuds for a batch of spud salad.  Will go good with some ribs or something this weekend.  Looks like a sunny day. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 10 @ 1st peek & aiming for 36, later. Less wind & more sun though so............ :happy1:. May go out & clean up a bit more today early while the snow's easier to deal with as it was a PITA yday. :rolleyes: Got 1 more early project in mind if all goes well & will go from there. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Should go to menards and grab 8 handles for the new cabinets, water for coffee and a new thermostat for the house. This one is acting stupid. Other than that, on to Craigslist, later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 25 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Supposed to be some sun involved this afternoon so that's always welcome this time of year. Have a funeral to attend this a.m. and a car club meeting tonite. The guy who's the regular secretary can't make it so will have to fill in for him. That's OK. He sorta conveniently omits things sometimes if it isn't something he wants to do. I guess you can do that when you're 80-something or at least you have an excuse. :rotflmao: Otherwise, need to get ready for the weekend. My niece and her kids are coming down Saturday to see the lambs. My brother and his wife will be here too. Should put them to work unloading feed and stacking hay! :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/23, 08:40:22 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......just when i thought i had it figured out that thursdays truck was the BIG one.....today was pretty light load!!!!1 :scratch: :doah: so done early.

momma had a really rough nite sleeping and it wasnt my fault!!!!!1 :sleazy: i could see it this morning.....she's as nervous as a prostitute in church about surgery tomorrow!!!! :doah: need to get a few things done before tomorrow.....gotta be there by 7;30 am!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Good morning all.  Got all the snow from the last mess cleaned up yesterday.  That stuff was some wet sticky stuff to plow.  I picked up some eye of round that will need to be sliced today and it will become jerky in a few days.    Glen has me thinking I need to pick up Salmon now as I am out of smoked lake trout.   Once the snow drops some I will chase some Tullies and White fish for the pickling and smoker.   

Back to the boat project.  Most of the prep stuff is done so now its put back together time.
Scenic, what kind of concoction do use for a smoking brine???/

i had a really good one posted in the recipe child board but the switchover a while back musta wiped it out!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......just when i thought i had it figured out that thursdays truck was the BIG one.....today was pretty light load!!!!1 :scratch: :doah: so done early.

momma had a really rough nite sleeping and it wasnt my fault!!!!!1 :sleazy: i could see it this morning.....she's as nervous as a prostitute in church about surgery tomorrow!!!! :doah: need to get a few things done before tomorrow.....gotta be there by 7;30 am!

tell her we are cheering her on!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Will do!!👍

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Go Smurfette!  :cheerleader:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 14 here and supposed to get close to 40 today. Might fish or might snowmobile this weekend. BIL and his wife are talking about coming up. One more day in the salt mines. Happy Friday!!!. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 1 here and hope to see 35 today!!  gots a few things to do today, nothing big so I'll just plug along...   have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 5 here & headed for 39. My calendar looks pretty open again today, so I'll just wander out to the garage in a bit & see what jumps out at me. Got a bit of grass showin again on the north side of the cabin again after yday. :happy1: :cool: No more now, have a good 1.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I didn't get to "save big money" yesterday. Decided to try to open up a 95% blocked sewer line from the house to the tank. Finally gave up and called one of the local plumbers to open it up. Took him about 20 minutes and he was finished. Have no clue what was down there, but it's gone now and the resident females are happy again. They can get back to washing 14 one quarter (not full loads mind you) sized loads of laundry every day. Off to Craigslist, might be something there I can't live without, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm