Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902610 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have had absolutely excellent care every time we have been there. Great customer service and great surgeons.  My favorite place to go.  I have had a few surgeries and all went perfect!

They do have some great people working there.  It is just their billing department and methods I have a problem with.   They eye department is outstanding IMO.  I was there at the same time you were the other day.  Had to get a piece of fiberglass out of my eye....dang that hurt but she did a great job.

I usually have my Gerber on me but didn't that day or I would have yanked it out for you Scenic.  Did you see me there?  I have a camo hat and coat on.  My blonde wife was with me.

I did see someone with a camo jacket on.    Would have been much cheaper to have you use your Gerber.

Did you have a dark jacket, no hat and very short hair?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This wood I am hauling is from across the road.  She had about 10 - 15 acres logged.  The tops of the popple and birch are in nice piles.  They range from 4 - 6" diameter I suppose.  4 - 8' long.  Great stuff.  I am taking the birch first.  I like burning it cuz it starts so easy and smells so good.  I can tell running down the hwy when we go past someone burning some nice smelling birch.  My back can only handle a 4 x 8 trailer load or two a day.  It is adding up.   :happy1:  It too is nicer early in the day before it gets too muddy.  It is rougher than heck from the heavy equipment that was there.  I put the 94  F150 in low range and just idle around. 
« Last Edit: March 03/30/23, 11:00:31 AM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......done already.....gotta eat something then head to st cloud for blood donation!!!!its inventory time at the store so small loads.... but we where warned they get bigger starting next week!!!!! :doah:

get home then watch what mother nature throws are way!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That sounds kinda what we do when in Canada at my buddy's cabin Barry. We drive around looking for slash piles from the logging outfits. Birch and maple are what we're looking for. At a lot of the newer sites, the loggers know folks are looking for wood so as you said, it's cut into those 4' - 8' lengths already. We put it in his trailer, haul it back to camp, cut it up and split it. Have a few beers while we split it then stack it in ricks in the woodshed. Burn some of the stuff we split the year before in the wood stove when it's cold. Warms the cabin up nice. Doesn't seem like work somehow.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......done already.....gotta eat something then head to st cloud for blood donation!!!!its inventory time at the store so small loads.... but we where warned they get bigger starting next week!!!!! :doah:

get home then watch what mother nature throws are way!!!!!!
Our place used to do the same thing, bring inventory way down on counting months then stock pile afterwards.  Not the new regime,  they do it backasswards,  fill fill fill, then count.. :doofus:. Afternoon peoples 34 and had some piss rain a little bit ago. The whipper snapper dropped off her cat here yesterday,  she's watching the SIL pooches so tomorrow I go over get her retriever so she can stay at another house watching a different set of animals,  while my oldest takes over at tge SIL place, confusing isn't it.. ooh well it'll be like old times playing fetch with the two pooches here for a week.  2 best buds . Anywho...See ya!!
« Last Edit: March 03/30/23, 03:27:04 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
boober...you didnt take that picture today!!!!!!!! :surrender: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well home from doing my good deed.........shouldnt call me now till july.  :rotflmao: let mother nature buck!!!!!! dont care!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking pooches Bobb.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 and heading for 34 today. TGIF!! Need to run to TRF this afternoon. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 49 here already & we're gonna make it to 66. The rain has stopped but there's more coming by early afternoon. Wind, tornadoes, & some hail all possible then too. Had some fog early but it looks like that's gotten better. We need to be in Marshalltown by mid-morning for another appt so I'd like to be on the road by about 8. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow! 66. That would sure feel nice. Hope you don't get any tornados though.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 here and might see 34 today...   no snow yet and not sure how much rain we got...  find out later I guess..  coffee is tasting good!!!  have a good day all!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man Gunner that is quite a hodge podge of weather.  I am envious.  Gonna get a load of wood this morning before it warms up.  Then will take a drive to see if the open water is in site of the Vidas landing yet.  Was still just the open channel in the middle at Frontier yet yesterday.  The ice is stronger this year in this direction so moving slowly. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........wet outside. and still saying a bunch of snow. 511 doesnt look to bad yet. staying put, there still talking getting ugly later.

me....i got nuttin doing today!!!!!! pester the dogs!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! Was 41 at 4 a.m., 34 at choretime, heading for a high in the low 40's, maybe. .90" combo of rain, sleet & hail at the ranch & .80" worth in Bugtussle. I just thought the yard was muddy before. Looks like more of the same for the daylight hours then it could get interestinger. Talking 2" - 6" of snow now with 1/4 mile visibility or less after midnite. Oh goody. Will need to bed the main barn tonite & cross my finners I don't have to move any snow to get out tomorrow. High temps supposed to be in the mid-50's Sunday. Believe it when I see it.  :coffee:

Almost forgot, another one of the unplanned pregnancies decided to lamb this a.m. She's a horsecrap mother so far so not expecting any miracles. Judging by what I saw earlier, won't surprise me if we wind up feeding the lamb and turning the ewe loose. She'll be easier to load in the trailer heading to market that way.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: March 03/31/23, 09:21:06 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the furnace repair guy left here at 10:30 last night. Don't appear the problem got fixed. Need to finish welding up a couple of projects I tacked together yesterday. Hope it warms up a bit, beer is half frozen in the garage. Kinda "chunky". Fox weather is telling us 2" to 5" instead of the eight inches they talked about yesterday. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Chunky beer is OK in July after stacking bales in the haymow. In late March, not so much. Hope your furnace issues are resolved.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe iffin you guys bought respectable beer it wouldnt get chunky!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
We have had absolutely excellent care every time we have been there. Great customer service and great surgeons.  My favorite place to go.  I have had a few surgeries and all went perfect!

Had to remember what I had on that day.  Clam Sweatshirt and hat.

Had to remember what I wore that day.....would have been a Clam Sweatshirt and hat.   

They do have some great people working there.  It is just their billing department and methods I have a problem with.   They eye department is outstanding IMO.  I was there at the same time you were the other day.  Had to get a piece of fiberglass out of my eye....dang that hurt but she did a great job.

I usually have my Gerber on me but didn't that day or I would have yanked it out for you Scenic.  Did you see me there?  I have a camo hat and coat on.  My blonde wife was with me.

I did see someone with a camo jacket on.    Would have been much cheaper to have you use your Gerber.

Did you have a dark jacket, no hat and very short hair?
« Last Edit: March 03/31/23, 10:59:57 AM by Scenic »

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.   Kite flying day here.  Good day to be in the shop.  Project is coming togeher.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Plow back on pickup, check.
New base with wheels made for new smoker, check.
No ice chunks in beer today, check.
Looks like a good Friday evening.
 :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I salute you sir.   :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a nice smoker Mark!!!!   cold beer here too!!!  watching the ground turn to ice!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yeppers....smoker looks pretty clean though!!!!! :rotflmao:

but  :scratch: :scratch: :doah: was there some sort of chemical reaction with the Hamms in that bud glass!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh yea........forgot.......Wednesday afternoon i became a great grandpop!!!!!!! now i gotta sleep with great grandma!!!!!!! :surrender: :pouty: :shocked: :scratch: :doah:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Does she know yer planning on sleeping with her?  :scratch:  :rotflmao:

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice smoker !! 

Congrats Glen

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  The wind finally decided to lay down this morning here.  Clear 15 and heading for 40.   That open water fishing fever is starting to kick in.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 here and hoping for 33 today..  not sure how much snow we got or how much needs to cleaned up..  I'm in no rush to get to it either today...  I have all day...   have a good day all!!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is another great day.  Congrats Glenn.  Now you have another addition to your brood.   :happy1:  I got a nice load of birch yesterday.  I cut it there instead of bring the logs home.  I will stack that on the south wall of the garage so the sun hits it.  I plan on getting another load and stacking it today too.  This will be a great jump on next winters firewood supply.   :happy1:  Plan on having those bacon wrapped pork things today with asparagus.  May have to make something to drizzle over it.  LOL  No comments from youse guys.  It was sunny and windy all day yesterday and I think will be that way today too.  It is 10 here at the moment and headed to 41.  Will be 44 tomorrow with a chance of rain.  Wed they are now saying 6-10" of snow.  May put a damper on my gathering program.  Well have a good one.  The wife needs more coffee. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It was 14 when I headed out onto the ice. Heading to 40ish like LPS said. Congrats Glenn!  :happy1: And way to take away our fun LPS. As soon as I read that my head went there.  :rotflmao: The wind blowing snow across the road made for a slow ride home from TRF last night. Wife had to hit Wally world while we were there. Also stopped over at L and M and she put a Springfield Hellcat on law a way. Well here's to hoping the fish bite. Have a good one boys.