Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901586 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 31 here & headed towards the low 40's. Just enough snow here to color the grass but the wind is still 25+. We got home about an hour before the 1st rumble of thunder yday. Some twisters down around CR & Iowa City but I didn't hear of any in this area. Wind, rain, & some smaller hail several times but that was it for us. No more now, have a good 1.
« Last Edit: April 04/03/23, 07:54:27 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Two more cups of coffee and then fire up the truck and plow the driveway. Should be fun with this ice under it (sic). After that not sure what is in store for the remaining of today. Thanks for complements on the smoker. Found it on Craigslist for a couple hundred bucks, used twice. I had the running gear that is on it in the corner of the garage already for a different smoker. Just need to clean it up some and find a cover for it.
 Congrats on the family addition glenn!!! New grandkids or great grandkids are just that, great. And by the way that stuff in the glass of beer is foam or what most people call "head" on a glass of beer. Only your finer beers do that much unlike the beer you are drinking.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mark.....suppose you drink that with your pinky finger pointed out too!!!!!! :rotflmao: :evil: i dont recall the last time i drank a beer out of a glass!!!!

morning fellers..........looks like snow disposal day!!!! :confused: my back is sore just lookin at it!!!! :rolleyes:

oh yea....thanks guys......think ole great grandma is biting at the chops to see the little munchkin.
« Last Edit: April 04/01/23, 08:41:43 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Does she know yer planning on sleeping with her?  :scratch:  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: she cant wait to crawl in the sack with her luv machine!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Man that opens a window of endless bad comments.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that opens a window of endless bad comments.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: bring iit on creme puff!!!!!!! :mooning:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, how 'bout that snow storm we got last night...  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, how 'bout that snow storm we got last night...  ;)
:rotflmao: it sucked, kinda like boars hunting and fishing skills!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
At least we ain't talkin' 'bout you-know-whose "luv machine" anymore.  ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mornin' comrades! 27 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Received about 5" of snow overnite. It was a quick hitter fortunately. Got another .64" of rain prior to it changing over to snow. The snow was some sticky wet crud. There was .56" of liquid equivalent in it once melted out. Should keep us in mud for a while. Hate to run out. Figured I'd let as much melt as possible before ripping the yard up with the tractor. Could've probably used the blower earlier but for just cutting a path in the driveway couldn't see hassling with it. More tax stuff to finish up, do the chores then heading to Albert's Leaf tonite for supper. Rather stay home and take a nap. Not used to being such a social butterfly.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: April 04/01/23, 12:54:27 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: JEALOUS????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

is that like the old chevy Luv's????   not much to them!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

is that like the old chevy Luv's????   not much to them!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:confused: :tut: :tut: don't you got something to do?? :confused: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:confused: :tut: :tut: don't you got something to do?? :confused: :rotflmao:

naw, not at the moment anyway!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 Morning boys.  Up and at em early today.  SO I just checked the forecast and the 6-10" of snow for us has changed to 10-15".  Isn't that special as the wife said.  Winds up to 55 mph.  Starting Tue around noon till Thur night.  Things were just starting to dry up here too.  26 now and headed to 44 today.  Pretty cloudy so may not make 44.  Windy too from the south.  The windmill is really humming.  No big plans today.  A Mikey go with the flow kind of day I'm thinking.  First thing I need to get us some coffee.  See ya later. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 at the moment may get some warmer again today...  not much going on today..  just some cooking..   have a good day all!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 26 here to start the day. Forecast says 40 something but like LPS said it is cloudy so we shall see. Out in the fish house sipping some unleaded coffee hoping for a fish to bite. Certainly not liking that forecast for snow LPS. Have a good one boys.
« Last Edit: April 04/02/23, 07:27:12 AM by Jerkbiat »
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 36 here & they're sayin we'll see 62 later. Windy with a litttle rain mid-week forecasted here. Not much planned today either. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....... nice relaxing morning.......so far!!! :scratch: gonna head up and see mom, sent her an email yesterday telling her i wasnt coming, didnt get a response so i reckon i may have lost the #1 status again!!!!! :doah:

today or tomorrow may go see the new great grandson.....i'm going to see the dog!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

JB......did you ever pull the big fishhouse off????? will this new forecast convince you to pull everything off........just curious. if they get what there forecasting.......i'm putting my ice stuff away!!!!!! :confused:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Glenn, I pulled the bid house off 2 weeks ago. I was just using my small house after that. Houses had to be off the lake if not occupied after 3/31. This one will go back in this afternoon and up on shore.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a pretty slow day around here today. And yes I do drink beer from a glass with my pinky finger extended thank you. :rotflmao: Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 34 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's.  Managed to rip the yard up more than I would've liked moving snow. This is one of the most screwed up dooryards I know of to move snow or mow lawn. Nothing flat or straight. When the settlers established these building sites in this area, it didn't matter. They were primarily interested in finding a hilltop site so they could set up a windmill & use gravity to water to their livestock. Everything else was just sort of piecemealed around that. I'm just glad as many of the crappy little buildings that appear on old photos are gone. More work to do in that dept. Next time I see snow like yesterday morning, I'm putting the blower back on. Easier than picking up big hunks of sod, dirt & shoveling up crushed rock.
« Last Edit: April 04/02/23, 10:55:06 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is really a different spring.  Usually once the river starts opening up it goes and fairly fast.  We just went for a ride upriver to the Frontier landing.  A week ago it was open enough that guys were pushing smaller boats across the ice to get to the water.  Usually it would have been a couple more days till it was wide open.  Not so this year.  There is still enough shore ice that guys are still pushing boats over the ice.  Not even a sign of open water at Vidas.  That is 6 miles upriver from us so about 9 miles from Frontier @  That usually takes a couple of days to get open water after Frontier is open.  Some years it takes a couple of days until we see open water after it is at Frontier.  This may be the slowest the river has opened up that I have seen.  Lots of snow on the ice too.  We usually see the ice changing colors as it starts to open up.  Not this year.  And more snow is on the way.  Maybe a lot.  Strange for sure.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mother nature playing with you for telling everyone spring is right around the corner maybe!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup can't fight Mother Nature.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup can't fight Mother Nature.

about time ya figured that out!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Opening fishin this year might be tough, although the week I have off mid June could be lights out. Afternoon peoples 47 and feeling pretty good outside.  Gots my haircut earlier,  hit home dump for a few things and grabbed some eggs n milk at kwik trip since there on sale for 1.99, milk 2.99. Think I better look at Mark's fav site CL, looking for a 14' aluminum boat don't even need a trailer or motor for some back water fishin. Anywho better get back outside....See ya!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Great grandson Everette! :happy1: