Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902318 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. More corn and soybean replant situations to look at today. Got an @$$ chewing last nite from a guy who disagreed with the assessment my employee had made on his field. The guy cooled off overnite & was much more civil about it this a.m. when I looked at it. I pretty much made the same assessment altho I communicated it verbally as opposed to by text message. Texts are fine to a point but with a field operation as extensive as a replant, especially these older guys need to be talked to as well. Good luck on your appt. jb! Good to hear from you again John and glad to hear about the cancer being in check so you can get on with life.  :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea LPS he eats that to  :bonk: I honestly don't know what he doesn't eat. :doofus: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear from ya John, and great news on the cancer. Evening peoples 71 here yet and that east wind is brutal. We fought it this morning fishing,  the 17' aluminum got tossed around pretty good, although the skeeters aren't so bad today. Took pops (82) out sunnie fishing this afternoon,  he had a great time, we kept 18 and the 1 crappie and I only had to untangle and cut lines once!! Anywho I think a spot outside is calling me....See Ya!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Goo to hear from you John and congrats on the cancer. I hope as you build your dream home you share some pictures with us. I really enjoy seeing others projects.
Morning boys. 47 here and heading for 76 today they say. Doc appointment went good yesterday. The incision is healing great. They took out the stitches and did some X-rays. All is back in place. I have to go back in 4 weeks. Until then I still need to keep the leg straight, wear the brace and keep using crutches. I can put some weight on my right leg now though. Doc also gave me some light exercises to do. Which then has me bend my knee. So that kinda confused me a little.  :scratch: Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 here and going for 77 today...   windy but nice day yesterday for sure...   good news on the knee JB!!!  now if your wallet would just show up!!!  got a couple things to do today but an easy day overall.   have a good day all....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes sir, it would be nice if the wallet showed up. We did stop at the hospital too and checked the lost and found. Also went into same day surgery and checked there too. We have come to the conclusion someone picked it up, took the cash out and threw the wallet in the garbage. Either that or it is really hidden well here at home. I started shopping for a new wallet last night.  :pouty:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds great JB. Thinking your empty wallet may be in the landfill somewhere also. From one cancer survivor to another JW congrats and good luck. Funeral this morning and then finish cutting the grass I didn't get done on Tuesday. After that I should unload trailer from last weekend and then load the toys for this weekend back on it. Might shoot some trap this evening, just bought a different O/U for sporting clays and need to try it out. Have a great day everyone, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 45 @ 1 st peek here & I'm seein 76 for the high. Got back here & unloaded the mower around noon yday. Wanted to go  :fishing: but decided it was too windy to be much fun. May give that a shot today. :scratch: I've got a couple little things to get me going & will go from there. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 48 and real windy here already.  Gonna hit around 80 I think.  The cattle thing went well yesterday and noone got hurt so was a good thing.  I do enjoy helping.  Today I will get my stuff ready for the steak fry with my brothers tomorrow night.  Will be good to see them.  Glad it will be breezy there too to keep the squitos away.  I am sure a huge fire will be in order too.  Well you all have a good one.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Mornin......56 here this morning......heading for 86 this afternoon. Then 90's the next 3 days. Gotta get the garden work done in the morning. Too hot in the afternoons. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. :sleazy: woke to 44. Furnace sure feels good!  :happy1: little snot rockets are biting like crazy on cabin lake.

Cleaning fish last night I realized my wedding band came off my finger. Thought I would need to tell my wife we weren't married anymore. :confused: :rotflmao: I got damn lucky I found it on the fish cleaning house floor. I'm a safe place now. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you are lucky to have found it. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Day 4 of talking farmers down off the ledge. A couple of them were lucky yesterday I held my temper and didn't tell them what I really thought of their childish behavior. Lot's to do but today has been eerily calm that way. Perhaps it's since we already got a lot of them on the same page & they're too busy planting or replanting to worry about it. Perhaps it's because they're hungover & haven't found their cell phones yet! Be glad when this week is over. Still battling the alien so it has been hell thus far.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Due to the type of work I do, I keep my wedding ring in a safe place and that is not on my finger. When the babes chase after me I let the warden run them off.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My little farm got planted in peas yesterday. I hope we don't get a monsoon when harvest time comes.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
After losing one, my wife bought me some of those rubber ones off Amazon. Work just fine.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

better yet why was it off???   some devious plan???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :tut: naw gunner was already in Inger :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
What the hell wer yu doing in a fish cleaning house anyway?? Aint no reason for u to be in ther...
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :tut: naw gunner was already in Inger :happy1: :rotflmao:
  :tut:  :scratch: How do you know that? :rolleyes: Been keeping an eye on 'em? :confused:          :sleazy: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/25/23, 02:30:29 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
After losing one, my wife bought me some of those rubber ones off Amazon. Work just fine.

?????  Rubber wedding rings?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

?????  Rubber wedding rings?
See a few people wearing the rubber wedding rings.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: May 05/25/23, 07:19:32 PM by KEN W »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting, never heard of them before, but a good idea!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought it was a stupid question but it was perplexing me and I had to ask.  Glad I did.  Never ever heard of that before.  Good idea. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it was groove rings that started the silicone ring thing. Remember seeing commercials for them all the time.
Morning boys. 59 here and heading for 81 today. There have been some pretty warm temps for May so far this year. Is it going to be a hot summer this year??? The wife is getting ready for work and I am reclined on the couch. Wife is planning to leave work at 2 this afternoon and come get me so we can head to Baudette. Need to go to the DMV and get a replacement DL and the wife's expires in July, so she will get hers renewed. Then head over to the sheriff department and fill out the paperwork for a replacement carry permit. All that fun stuff that was in my wallet. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 55 early & 81 will be our high too. I've noticed a few wearing the silicone rings but wasn't sure what they exactly were. :scratch: Critical Fire Warning here again today as the wind is 'sposed to pickup by mid-morning. So, I'm going to jump in the boat in a few minutes & will go from there. 'Bout it here, hopin your Friday's a good day

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 here and going for 80 today...  yes JB another warm day in May...  and yes a pain to get all that redone JB, but what do ya do...  got a few things done yesterday and have a few more to do today..   should maybe mow a little bit too...   have to pick asparagus too this morning...  have a good day all!!   

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
64 here this morning.....going all the way to 90 this afternoon. Have to dethatch the lawn this morning. Then fertilize and over seed the bare spots from this winter. Gotta get that done before 90.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes it has been hot for May.  I will be on my way to Ottertail this morning.  Will meet one of my brothers for lunch.  Other brother and friend will get there later.  My 4 ribeyes that I ordered totaled 6.28 lbs.  The butcher said they are some pretty steaks.  LOL   Perfect.  They have good meat there. Just found out that my brothers female wire hair is in heat.  Cooper is fixed so no big deal but she may be have a bitchy attitude.  Hope she doesn't hurt my boy.  LOL  Can't wait to see their interaction.  Will be good for him.