Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952731 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I will check them out Markn.  Well we got a call that the pup we were looking at has an underbite.  She took better pics of the lighter colored male for us and looks like he is  now the #1 candidate.  Spent days coming up with a girl name so now we are in male name mode.  I will post pics later.  Man it is humid here  88% and 67 out.  Gonna be 84 so not quite as hot today.   I need to spray some doc around the fence lines today. Would rather just rest but you know what they say.  Congrats Roony.  Glenn is she hot???  LOL  Pretty quiet without the young whipper snapper here.  We took a Ranger ride around yesterday and the kid has muddy trails through the low spots where it was wet and other trails from riding so much.  Funny as heck and I could care less as long as he had a good time.  Ya it sucks getting older.  The aches and pains don't let one forget neither.  The heat is getting to me also Boar.  Some nice 72 degree weather would be a blessing.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 and again going for 87 today...  no cool down yet...  rain chances don't look very good either..  oh well...   too bad on the female pup LPS, but good luck on the male pup...  have a good day all... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  Here he is.  Dylan or Dillon is high on the list of names so far.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 59 here & lookin at 86 for the high. We've got a project going this week & undecided  :scratch: yet when we want to get going on it. Cooler tomorrow but maybe wet, they're sayin. No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69 here and heading for 84. TWC says 74  :scratch:. They have been consistently 10 cooler almost every day the last couple of months. So dumb question. How does the underbite effect the puppy. Is just cause she has papers and you are paying for it? Just curious. Well we got the camper out and parked in front of the garage last night. Also got the garage rearranged so the pickup fit in the other side. It will do until I am mobile again. The bad thing is the bull flies or horse flies what ever you want to call them are crazy horrible here this year. We don't normally have them here. Not sure what triggered them this year?? Well you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The big black bull flies were getting us the last few days too.  Bucko spends a lot of time in the barn.  I have been spraying him daily too.  I don't know if the underbite thing really matters or not JB.  I have wondered too???   Sure don't want to find out in a few years that it does matter or can get worse.  SO far we are thinking Jake or Toby as a name but is an ongoing process. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Googled it and looks like an underbite can lead to dental issues in the future. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks I was wondering.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

it mostly depends on how much of an underbite too...   there could be no issues at all too...   just depends...  hope that girl pup gets a good home and not laid down... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She said she has someone else that would take her.   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 67 at choretime heading for a high in the upper8 80's. Forecast sounds like a broken record lately. Cool down somewhat tomorrow with a better chance of rain, still only 40% however. Got rained on yesterday afternoon at a graveside service near Geneva. At home, nothing. Cracks in the yard in places so a rain would be welcome. Watering the garden is overrated. Need to go look at some beans today as the dicamba deadline is looming on the calendar. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see that product go away. Too many people misusing it & problems even when they don't.

Good luck on whatever you decide Barry. We had a Border Collie pup as part of a litter one time that had a swallowing disorder. Didn't dare sell him so we kept him. Gus was a gorgeous dog, well marked with a beautiful coat. One ear up and one ear down with a great big tongue. Made you laugh looking at him. A big marshmallow. Great companion & loved riding in the pickup with the AC on. Didn't like to be in the house especially in the winter as he got too warm under all that fur. Slept in the garage where it was 50 degrees. He developed seizures that were sporadic and tragically was one he didn't recover from. Even though he didn't live the easiest life, wasn't sorry we had him for 7 years.

« Last Edit: June 06/05/23, 09:59:22 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers........done t the store.......stuff piled everywhere nowadays. shees!!!!! then the cardboard crusher was full so cardboard laying everywhere.......i gave them boars address!!!!!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

need to finish up some outside projects this afternoon.  should be getting my new in the box crossbow tonight!!!!!!!! thanks to Sharon from IDO!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  Here he is.  Dylan or Dillon is high on the list of names so far.

Jake it is.  Will pick him up on Sat the 17th.  I can't believe the timing is so great!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
He's a great looking pooch Dotch,  I don't know how those thick coat dogs do it in this heat. The whipper snappers golden retriever looks 90 #, get him wet and he's super skinny, fury nasty I call him..lol. Then again they say the under coat keeps em cool. Ya lps he's a dandy,  hope his big brother plays nice. Think after our Yellowstone trip this year I'll get a little more serious on litters, not sure what color yet but it'll be female this time around,  Mazy will be her name.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mazy will be her name.

interesting name!!!

Sounds real good LPS!!!   Jake is a good name!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mazy will be her name.

interesting name!!!

Sounds real good LPS!!!   Jake is a good name!!!
yea Mazy........only LPS's version of Miley  :rotflmao: and hopefully his wife wont catch on!!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
talking about flies..bull flies, horseflies whatever. your not saying the friggin horseflies and deer flies are out in force already are you!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: training-087

when my kid came to the cabin over memorial weekend he brought one of those fly traps up and set it up. told him it doesnt work up here. he got it at Menards. he stopped by last night.........he said when he cleaned it out it had 2 inches of dead flies in it!!!! made a liar outta me i guess!!!!

i tried that years ago but only later in the year and it didnt work well..........the flies i tried getting rid of are those ankle biting SOB's that like to attack you in the boat.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep we have 2 traps I havnt put out yet, sometimes they work sometimes they don't. I'll never associate the 2 Glenn, ( Miley and Mazy) won't even think you thought of that.  No matter how a dog looks,she'll  still be better looking than that thing you old farts touch yourself over...lol.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep we have 2 traps I havnt put out yet, sometimes they work sometimes they don't. I'll never associate the 2 Glenn, ( Miley and Mazy) won't even think you thought of that.  No matter how a dog looks,she'll  still be better looking than that thing you old farts touch yourself over...lol.
yea i dont think i'll touch myself over that!!!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i noticed it takes a few days for them to start working worth while.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
talking about flies..bull flies, horseflies whatever. your not saying the friggin horseflies and deer flies are out in force already are you!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: training-087

when my kid came to the cabin over memorial weekend he brought one of those fly traps up and set it up. told him it doesnt work up here. he got it at Menards. he stopped by last night.........he said when he cleaned it out it had 2 inches of dead flies in it!!!! made a liar outta me i guess!!!!

i tried that years ago but only later in the year and it didnt work well..........the flies i tried getting rid of are those ankle biting SOB's that like to attack you in the boat.
Yes the big bull flies are out in force. We have even seen a couple deer flies here. I killed one this afternoon sitting out on the patio. And we have never had deer flies up here. Get south of Williams in the forest they are all over.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
1st day the deer flies have pestered me in the fields today
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
deer flies were trying to get friendly her the last couple days too...  they have been loosing the battle overall!!!   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 and going to 83 today..  and very gray looking morning too..  a small chance for rain today..  going down to Sartell for a periodontal visit..   then a couple other stops on the way home...   have a good day!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We have 61 and sunny here.  Gonna be about 84 today.  Got some mowing done yesterday and wasn't too bad.  Must be getting used to this August weather.  May spray some more doc if it isn't too windy otherwise I need to cut some firewood.  Cooper had a little swollen eye yesterday so one of those darn bull flies must have got him whilst I was mowing.  The last few days with him the only dog he has been hanging even closer to me.  He gets back in bed after the wife lets him out and keeps touching me with his paw so I won't go back to sleep.  LOL  That is fine with me.  He is catching squitos in his mouth lately too.  Good boy. I see the wind is picking up.  May be down in the 70's this weekend so that will feel great!  Forgot to mention that we got another 1/4" of rain lasst night.
« Last Edit: June 06/06/23, 09:05:13 AM by LPS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here and heading for 80ish today. The wife is off to work and I am sitting here watching the lake. The leaves on the trees are moving pretty good. Lake is not to wavey yet though. About it here. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 67 now & goin for 86 later. There's a chance of rain ~ 9 but an even better chance for early this afternoon. Ran into a road block on our project when we started yday, so we've put it on hold for a bit. 'Bout it here, stay :cool: & have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to a bumper to bumper check on the camper today before we head to Leech on Friday. After that not sure what may happen. Got yard cut yesterday, still coughing dust. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........man this head cold just wont go friggin away.  :angry2: :confused: i need to water stuff again!!!!!! :pouty:

going with mom about 1 to a pallative care appt..........this medical visits is getting old.........i need some lake time. next week baby!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 71 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. No rain but could see it rainging around us again. Actually it rained to our east during chores last nite, cooling it down enough so I felt like moving electric fence around the garden. Just got my copy done & emailed so now I can get on with the rest of the day. Rain chances stand at 40% mainly after lunch. Maybe I'll get wet while searching for armyworm larvae this afternoon. Not holding my breath.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well made it down and back to Sartell, stopped at Manea's meats and got a couple porketta roasts and a couple sandwich's!!!   and then stopped at Coborn's and got some brandy, it was on sale to boot!!!   but the real kicker is I have a bad area by one front tooth...   will need surgery on it...  damn crowns...   not cheap at all either and no insurance...  oh well....