Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5460062 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ended up with 1.68" of rain for the day here. Appears as though it is done here for the day.
The neighbor left the lake a week ago Tuesday, went back up Saturday & said he had .98" in his gauge. :happy1: :cool:
when are you 2 hoodlums going back up?? :scratch: :rotflmao: :mooning: :evil:
  :pouty: Back to the eye clinic tomorrow for a late morning appt & if that goes well, we'll be in Sportsman's by ~ 7-7:30 on Friday. Contractors have been there prepping to pour the floor, sometime in the near future.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ended up with 1.68" of rain for the day here. Appears as though it is done here for the day.
The neighbor left the lake a week ago Tuesday, went back up Saturday & said he had .98" in his gauge. :happy1: :cool:
when are you 2 hoodlums going back up?? :scratch: :rotflmao: :mooning: :evil:
  :pouty: Back to the eye clinic tomorrow for a late morning appt & if that goes well, we'll be in Sportsman's by ~ 7-7:30 on Friday. Contractors have been there prepping to pour the floor, sometime in the near future.
:rotflmao: :happy1: well here's to hoping all goes well!!!!!!!!!1 :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 56 here and heading towards 77 today...  got about 1/4 inch of rain overnight..   did not hear it.. good luck with the eye appt Gunner!!!   going to Alex this morning and get a few things...  not much else going on so have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 59 here and headed for 80.  Have a breeze but no big deal.  Should be a nice day.  May finally get some spraying done here today.  Just try to stay out of trouble. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 61 now & we'll see 79 later. Thanks mike, & it's just a checkup on what they did last week. Heard at the dentist office yday that most of town got at least .4" on Tuesday, & some got closer to 1".  :cool: It's ~ 85 miles to the eye clinic & they seem to run a little ahead of schedule quite a bit, so we'll probably leave here around 9. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here also and same forecast as LPS. Just need to finish up some packing, hook up the camper and shower. Then we can start heading south. Need to stop at the DMV in Baudette and get new tabs for the camper. Noticed that I hadn't done that yet when I was filling the water tank on Tuesday. The whole knee thing kinda changed my plans. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't checked rain gauge yet, driveway is wet. Headed to Osakis to pick up a pistol this morning then mower parts and gas up the truck. Going to try to shoot trap tonight and then hook up truck to camper to head North tomorrow to Leech Lake. If I see you JB I'll try to wave. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. No rain here & none likely until perhaps the weekend. More crises narrowly averted here. Some questionable chemical advice being given to some of these guys. Just makes more work out of things than it needs to be. Rather see weeds dead than dick around figuring out why they didn't die. Time to get back out in the fields. Things to see and people to do like my feed/seed salesman buddy used to say... :coffee: 
« Last Edit: June 06/08/23, 10:43:28 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen my 1st fawn of the year today, cute little thing!!!    :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.......done at the store!!!!!!! work monday morning then off the itasca county till sunday!!!!!!! :fishing: :toast: :old fisherman: :toast: :stillfish: :campfire: and  :toast: :happy1:

gonna work on the honey do list today......feeling kinda chiper too!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
leave Sue alone!!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my peonies opened up today too!!!  a few so far but many more to come!!!   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The appt went well :happy1: :cool: & we're headed north early. So, we'll see you on the other side.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels fellers!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The appt went well :happy1: :cool: & we're headed north early. So, we'll see you on the other side.
safe travels bud. Make sure you feed them skeeters and deer and horseflies good before Monday!; :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and another day 0f about 78 and slight chance of rain...  did get a few things done yesterday and that's the plan for today...  one quick trip into LP this morning no more running around today I think...   have a good day!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys,  60 here and headed to 82 today with a chance of T storms.  72 for a high tomorrow.  Will be a good day to get some work done.  Will have a fire tonight and stay in camper. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys from Buffalo. 63 here this morning and heading for 83 it says. Got down here little after 6 last night. Then we went to see the latest Guardians movie with the grandson and his girlfriend. Grandson told me a few weeks ago that I couldn't see it until we came down here. It was really good. The wife wants to do some shopping today and then graduation is at 7 pm. About it here. Have a good one boys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......yea JB drive through buffalo once in a while.......i cant believe how big and spread out that town is. have fun !!!!!

looks like a decent day on tap........i'll find something to do!!!!!!! can always go through and weed the garden!!!!!!!! want to do that before i leave for the cabin monday!!!! :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey fellers.........head down to little canada on 694 near 35w theres some free pork running around on the road........ :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 62 on choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. More chasing weeds and such. Night & day difference where guys had the time & manpower to get a pre down ahead of the monsoon. Thinking when I get through this stretch I need to get away from people and sheep for a while. A break is long overdue. Since mid-November, there has been far too little fun & far too much on my plate. Exhausted, stressed, not sleeping well, need to exhale.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read the story that someone mentioned earlier of a truck hauling hogs overturned.  Showed some nice sized pigs walking around.  Some were injured.  I would have loved to get one of them.  Hungry just thinking about it.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 53 and hope to see 73 today..    got a trace of rain over night..  got a few things to do today, mowing could be one of them..  later!!!   

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, all. Not much to do today. All chores done earlier. Didn't get any fishing in, though. Guess I could shower in bug spray, go outside and smoke my pipe.
      Have a great one.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 61 here & 70 is 'sposed to be the high. We came down the driveway ~ 8:30 & the crew prepping to pour the floor in the new shed were done here by 9-9:30. They headed over to the neighbor's place then as he's having a patio slab done too. Some mowing needed here as well but it's awfully wet now. It rained here ~ 6:30 last night & we had .7" in the gauge this morning. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Greetings from Leech Lake. Just poured here last night about 7:30. Over an icy I’m guessing. Half ton ford pulling a 28’ fifth wheel camper and made 10.7 gpm. Was pretty happy with that. Should get some boat time in today, but after last night’s storm it may not be worth it. Oh well, later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 58 and windy here.  Gonna be about 73 for the high.  That is going to feel cool after all of the heat the last month.  Bucko looks pretty content out in the pasture.  Must be less bugs with the nice mow job.  Looks like Kentucky.  LOL  I see deers along the edges too.  Gonna clean the gutters today as the ash tree that filled them up won't be doing that any more.  Then a little more firewood work. Didn't have a fire last night as that front came over about 5 and it did rain here some too.  No big amount but got wet.  SO tonight is the night.   

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Goood morning All.  Nice and cool out this morning so far with a stiff NE wind.  Ended up with about 2" of rain out of that system yesterday.  All in about an hour.   Was out fishing just before it and quit when I could not get my line to lay down.  Static was holding it up and THEN the rod tips began making noise...time to get.  I have only seen that two other times.  There was some thunder but never did see any lighting but sure was not going to wait for it either.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys from Buffalo. 68 here and only supposed to make 74 today. That will be a nice temp for the grad party this afternoon. Graduation ceremony went off good last night. Perfect weather for outside graduation. They even gave this old cripple a ride part of the way. It is a lot of work going a long distance on crutches. I don't realize it just hobbling around the house. Well suppose I should go and try and make some coffee. Have a good one boys.