Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5459756 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So JB I forgot is it the left leg or the right leg? 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My right leg.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So hard for you to drive then. 

We sometimes forget to see if a squirrel is in the feeder before we let Glenn's dogs brother out.  His big thrill is chasing the squirrels.  I keep hoping he just likes to chase but not catch anymore.  He has killed two of them that we know of.  Well one just entered the feeder and has no tail.  He looks pretty healthy and mayhaps a little jumpy.  I wonder if they grow back like a chameleon?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Per Mr. Google the tail will not grow back but can live without the tail.  There is a loss of balance without the tail. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Goood morning All.  Nice and cool out this morning so far with a stiff NE wind.  Ended up with about 2" of rain out of that system yesterday.  All in about an hour.   Was out fishing just before it and quit when I could not get my line to lay down.  Static was holding it up and THEN the rod tips began making noise...time to get.  I have only seen that two other times.  There was some thunder but never did see any lighting but sure was not going to wait for it either.
My son and I experienced that once. We actually saw little sparks by the reel. We promptly got to shore.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So hard for you to drive then. 

We sometimes forget to see if a squirrel is in the feeder before we let Glenn's dogs brother out.  His big thrill is chasing the squirrels.  I keep hoping he just likes to chase but not catch anymore.  He has killed two of them that we know of.  Well one just entered the feeder and has no tail.  He looks pretty healthy and mayhaps a little jumpy.  I wonder if they grow back like a chameleon?
I have not been driving up until this past Thursday. Since most of the pain is gone now my leg sits just right with my foot on the gas pedal. I just had to go back to my old bad habit of braking with my left foot.  I drove that way for along time before finally breaking that habit and now I am doing it again. Wife was nervous about pulling to the camper.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So JB I forgot is it the left leg or the right leg?

See? I knew jb was a right-leaning individual!  :doah:

Mornin' comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Supposed to be some rain coming later afternoon now the way it sounds. We shall see. Ever since the mid-May deluge here, it's been tough to buy a rain. Speaking of that, I probably should finish buzzing a few fields this a.m. so peoples know where they're at Monday when the sprayers roll. Most of them I could probably phone it in. However, if you don't look and miss something, it's a good way to get a butt chewing. Besides, someone has to feed their mosquitoes, black flies, deer flies and horse flies.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't say I've witnessed that on the lake, mornin forum fellas 72 here and it was a warm 2 mile stroll earlier.  Breakfast and coffee is all wrapped up now time to run some errands before we head to a grad party later. Afterwards we'll start rounding up and filling the pick em up for a week's stay at the lake,  should be on the road by 8 or so in the morning.  Anywho best get at it...See ya!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One time a buddy and I were fishing in the weekly tourney we were in.  A storm was brewing but time was almost up and we were really catching fish.  All of a sudden our rod tips were buzzing and I was throwing a light jig and my line was staying parallel with the water before dropping right at the jig location.  Was pretty spooky.  Did catch a lot of fish though.  That is the most important thing right? 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......we got no rain in the overnight........and according to the weather terrorists.........not much of a chance today either!!!!!!!!! :confused: :bonk:

best start rounding up stuff for my trip to the lake monday. still havent figured out just why i decided to work the store monday morning first!!!!! :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: must be the team player in me!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: need to work on that fishing contest score.

got our granddaughters grad party tomorrow. then one on my wifes side in 2 weeks down in Anoka 2 weeks later!!!

cant say i ever encountered that type of thing on a lake..........i see a storm brewing i'm outta there!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/10/23, 09:07:33 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Many years ago I was fishing with my Grandpa on Millelacs. I was probably right around 20 years old. We were really catching some nice fish and we could see the clouds coming. When old the sudden the lines lifted up from the water and the tips started buzzing. We just looked at each other and said time to go in.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning
are you a crabby pants this morning!!!!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Na... im good. Just busy
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
this doesnt belong in the lost another one thread. just read that Ted, the unabomber died in prison.  no more paying his way!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup yur right... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice little soaker coming thru the cities now, was gonna water the snot otta the yard and garden but don't hafta now. The oldest even said he'll swing by butt early Wed and hit the garden on his way to the lake,  I'll make sure his thirst is covered for a few days.. :happy1:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
One time a buddy and I were fishing in the weekly tourney we were in.  A storm was brewing but time was almost up and we were really catching fish.  All of a sudden our rod tips were buzzing and I was throwing a light jig and my line was staying parallel with the water before dropping right at the jig location.  Was pretty spooky.  Did catch a lot of fish though.  That is the most important thing right?

We did.   Fish were biting like crazy.  We were crappie fishing and I was using a 1/32 oz jig.  It just kind of hovered.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice little soaker coming thru the cities now, was gonna water the snot otta the yard and garden but don't hafta now. The oldest even said he'll swing by butt early Wed and hit the garden on his way to the lake,  I'll make sure his thirst is covered for a few days.. :happy1:
you gonna buy him good beer!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
this doesnt belong in the lost another one thread. just read that Ted, the unabomber died in prison.  no more paying his way!!!!!! :happy1:

Now that is actually interesting news Glenn.  So Ted Galenski or whatever it was dies in prison.  That is supposedly much cheaper that putting someone to death.  The legal fees are absolutely astronomical when putting someone to death I guess. Cheaper to house them in prison for the rest of their lives than to put them to death. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok so how many of youse guys already have one of these? 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Harbor Freight back hoe....

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. Don't got one. Should to dig all them fish gut holes I need!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Wonder what kind of power those really have? :scratch: we've been renting or hiring someone to dig the outhouse hole the last few times.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So if you buy one I may rent it from you.....

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry bud the likely hood of me getting one is pretty slim.

Think I've been in a harbor freight twice.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I could maybe use that for some shoreline work. Don’t know if it would move heavy rocks though. Also one more thing to store and trip over 99% of the time. Probably better to rent one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I could maybe use that for some shoreline work. Don’t know if it would move heavy rocks though. Also one more thing to store and trip over 99% of the time. Probably better to rent one.
don't they have a rental place in grand rapids??? We use this outfit in Marcell