Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5459357 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn right if people want to keep talking crap I am ready for it.  What a bunch of BS.   I didn't think we had that many here. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't like talking about this stuff but it seems like the moderators just can't quit whining about it every single day.  I don't like what is going on neither.  BUT quit bringing it up. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After finding out I have no water during chores, removing the bales off the well pit while fighting off the bumblebees that had a nest in them, looking in the well pit and discovering the goddamn pressure tank is laying on its side, I couldn't really give a flying fig what anyone's political beliefs are or who is butthurt about what. Get over it.
« Last Edit: June 06/13/23, 10:19:50 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh and no rain here either LPS. That was supposed to say purring not pouring.  :doah:
« Last Edit: June 06/13/23, 10:19:25 PM by Jerkbiat »
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Wholey balls! Whats wrong with some of you!! Not a good morning when i see my freinds cryin like lil b itches, over things that our way outa of anyones control. Grow up!  Good day!.....I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, what Boarski said! Morning boys. 54 here this morning and only going to make 65 today. Smoke is thick again today. Big orange sun. Down to 63 in the house this morning. Me and the cat are snuggled up in a blanket on the couch. The lake is pretty ruff. So looking like it will be a movie day today. Now that I have the wife's wheels running again I have a little less on my mind. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
monrin all, yup what Boar said!!!   well done JB!!!   58 and going for 85 again today, repeat of yesterday except the smoke and haze has moved in big time....   going to Alex to get a few things this morning, not much just a few vittles!!!   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 59 @ 1st peek here & they're sayin 78 will be our high. Had a crew show up yday to do the final prep for the new shed floor ~ 9:30. They finished here ~ 2 & then went over to the neighbor's to get that ready too. They were headed home by 4:30 & told us they'd see us at 7 today as the cement is scheduled to be here at 7:30. Did get the canopy on the lift yday AM but the cable came off the winch while we were lowering the boat. I put new cable on it a couple seasons ago, so it wasn't a big deal to fix this time. It took a bit though as I wanted to make it better this time around & it's kind of tight quarters to work in. I was already wet, the water felt good by the way, so I decided to reposition the lift so it's easier to move deeper when needed. No more now, have a good 1.
« Last Edit: June 06/14/23, 07:04:41 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Man the sun is a big orange orb today.  We need a strong south wind to blow it back to the north.  Ya JB I saw pouring and wondered.  LOL  Great that you got the car problem figured out.  Was the wife taking your truck to work in the meantime?  Well I told Cooper that this is his last day without a dog friend in the house.  Tomorrow morning we go to pick up Jake.  Sure hope we are doing the right thing.  Jake will be our last dog.  I am sure it will be a fun thing.  ???   LOL 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
65 here this morning. Red sun here also. Smoke is back with the NE winds bringing it from Canada. 87 projected high this afternoon.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't find the incoming weather thread on search.  We are under unhealthy conditions and should remain inside today.  That may a little hard to do.  I will try to keep busy but the lawn needs mowing. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Fun and games on tap today. Well guy should be here 8-8:30. Hopefully this is one of those "not as major as it could've been" deals. Well is pretty old, guessing it was drilled back in the 50's or before. There had been a windmill pump once upon a time that filled a cistern. The water was gravity fed to the livestock as we found when the well pit got filled up to the level of the pipe that fed their water supply. Water was coming up out of the ground in the lot! There was a stroke-type pump when we 1st moved here which was a PITA. Casing is only 4" so up until the 90's, there were no submersible pumps that were skinny enough. Once we got rid of the old galvanized pressure tank & got a submersible pump, we thought we'd died and went to heaven.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck!!!   

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   Yep, smoggy here this morning. So much so that the sun is not even out showing red.  Going to continue a fight with a battery in the boat.  These new lithium batteries have a "protect" mode in them.  If the battery gets too hot, too much draw at one time or just feels it needs to protect itself they go into protection.  I was using it on the trolling motor yesterday and it shut down.    I was not even running the motor, I was deploying it when it shut down.   Hoping it's just that battery for some reason but if they continue I'll go back to lead acid.   My trust level with them went down a lot yesterday.  

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful day here but we sure could use rain. Some corn is showing it.
I originally came to this forum to get away from the drama and mean spiritness on a different site. For the most part things are friendly here with some razzing done in a friendly way. I know I don't have a vote but I think it would benefit us all just to stay away from politics and religion and any other hot topics. Just my opinion.
Have a good one, Art

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS. The wife was driving my S10 Blazer I was telling you about since I can't work.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It is one thing to discuss politics in the political thread if people want to. Thing people need to do is not get personal. Just because people have differing facts or opinions does not make them right or wrong. And if it bothers you just get out and don't look at those threads. Unfortunately though those subjects are apart of everything now.  :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
good luck!!!

Thanks mike. Finners crossed. So far everything checked out except the pressure tank so not the end of the world. Well pit had about a foot of water in the bottom so got that all pumped out while the guys went back to the shop to get a pressure tank. Fortunately the bumblebees have not returned. 🐝🐝🐝

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The cement crew were right on time & so were the trucks. :cool: They had floor poured, 2 trucks, by 9 & 1/2 the crew were off to another job in the area. The other 4 guys were sticking around to put the finish on it. They'll be back early tomorrow to do the approach & the neighbor's patio.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Always fun watching a cement crew who work together get a job done.    I was amazed how fast they poured the last one we had done.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Water is back on at the ranch! A new pressure tank & switch got us back up and running. Considering putting the pressure tank in the basement. That would do away with the hassles of the well pit, covering with straw, etc., etc. Need to bore another line in to the house and use the existing line for the barns.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We realize how great water is when we don't have.  Been there.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 83 and a severe haze over the lake. The kids arrived safely,  my oldest stopped by our place and watered the garden and all mommas flowers before making his way. Him and I spanked off a new dock section that goes over a creek close to one of the sheds, the last one made probably 30 yrs, I'll be long gone if this one goes that far. We picked up a couple of paddle boards so I'm guessing we'll try em out soon, best run...See ya!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds fun!!   your wing must be healing nicely!!!!   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We realize how great water is when we don't have.  Been there.
Came home to frozen pipes 1 time. :pouty:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Too nice actually,  the problem is I hit the exercises to a tee early on and now I've been a big skipper... hopefully JB is playing by the rules. I see the doc next week to be cleared finally,  only been 6 months.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Too nice actually,  the problem is I hit the exercises to a tee early on and now I've been a big skipper... hopefully JB is playing by the rules. I see the doc next week to be cleared finally,  only been 6 months.

that is great!!!!   good luck paddle boarding!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 and going for 76 today...   and haze!!!   and I read yesterday there is a fire in the boundary waters area too now...   was about 30 acres then, how big is it today..   quiet day here for me today so maybe a bike bike is in order...   have a good day all!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here and heading for 70 today it says. Only made 60 here yesterday. The wind is whipping off of the lake again today. So angry seas and no dock fishing again today. I have been following doctors orders to a tee Bobber so far. Although so far it is pretty easy. I have one simple exercise to do every day and I can't lift my leg with my thigh muscle. He said that is the kiss of death. I go see him again next Wednesday and then it sounds like I will start physical therapy after that. Might be another movie day here with the crappy weather again. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is up to 48 from 44 earlier.  I don't think it hit 70 yesterday, if it did it wasn't by much.  May be like that today too.  Looks like the leaves are moving around here too.  After coffee and breakfast we will be on our way to get the little one.  Curious to see what Cooper thinks of him.  LOL  That is the big challenge.  Cooper is a nice guy so hope they become great friends.  Cooper has been sticking by me instead of running around as much as he used to with Buddy.  That is ok too.  Oh hazy here with a big orange sun again.  Not as bad as yesterday though.  I heard about that fire too Mike.  I think they were even closing off some areas for safety.  Well good talking at you.