Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5459176 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you have a lot of energy Bobb.  Good for you.  Great that you and the son have so much fun together.
Thanks lps, we're pretty close. The scary part is he's not far behind being me..lol. The 4 of us have a ball, won't be long and we'll be heading back to the mountains,  I did hear word the whipper snapper has a boyfriend...gonna happen eventually.....I guess. Lol.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Man you have a lot of energy Bobb.  Good for you.  Great that you and the son have so much fun together.
Thanks lps, we're pretty close. The scary part is he's not far behind being me..lol. The 4 of us have a ball, won't be long and we'll be heading back to the mountains,  I did hear word the whipper snapper has a boyfriend...gonna happen eventually.....I guess. Lol.
best start thinking of an addition to that cabin there bud!!!!!!  :evil: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home from trap range. We did shot some squads in the rain today, .40”, but the good news is they turned in a score 491 out of 500 and tied for first with Benson today. The kids from Benson will get the first place plaque for today because they had one shooter with a 100 straight. We didn’t. Pretty proud of these kids. Hope they can improve a wee bit next weekend at the state shoot. Later….
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here and heading for high 70s today. We got rain a few times yesterday. Never enough to register in the gauge and barely got the cement wet. But just enough to send us inside a couple of times. We did get some grass seed down and put some fertilizer down to. Wondering now if I will need to get sprinklers out or if ma nature will water for us. Forecast is not looking to promising. Not sure what is on the agenda for today. Time will tell. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 and going to the mid 70's today..  same rain here, just a trace...   might get some today but not looking good for that...  still managed to get a few out side things in yesterday and will again today...   have a good one!! 

Happy Fathers day to all the Dads!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Dad's Day guys. I'm going to spend this morning with about 1,200 kids counting shooters along  with their younger brothers and sisters. :happy1:  :happy1:
Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Mark that is unreal how good those kids shoot.  What a great hobby for them.  My nephew from Luverne is there shooting and he loves it.  Thanks from all.  We had a spurt of rain yesterday too but barely got the deck wet.  Finally have been attacking that ash tree.  It had branches like a maple tree.  They are hard and make for plenty of scratches and cuts.  Will be nice to have it done and will get a lot of firewood out of it.  The new boy is doing good.  Even in the night he will start whining and we bring him outside and he does his thing. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Raining here. I'll take it. Headed to the big city here soon.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. A dab of rain, .13" with scattered showers here and there on the radar. Fixed fence at the neighbor's yesterday. Co-op whacked 3 T-posts with their sprayer since the last time I was over there. They've hit it several times over the past 5 years & never say anything about it. It was a real mess, barbed wire snapped & strewn all over the place. Neighbor is retiring from farming & renting to another neighbor who does his own spraying. Has fences of his own so he "gets it". Another day of catching up at the ranch so Father's Day in name only. Be moving sheep around so that's always a PITA w/o any help. Just makes me tired. 
« Last Edit: June 06/18/23, 08:15:25 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, what did poppy get you for dads day! :sleazy:

Yep happy father's day to all the dad's!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All and happy Father’s Day to all the fathers.  Not real sure what the plan is.  They are talking rain and really hope we get some.  We need it.

Markin that’s a great program.  My son shot trap when he was younger and now is assistant coach for the team here.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, it was warm & we had a light breeze early, so I went for another boat ride. We had few sprinkles out on the main lake ~ 5:30-6. No rain here now 'til Thursday according to TWC. :pouty: Came in around 9 & mowed what I thought needed it. Left it a notch taller too. No more now, have a great day.
« Last Edit: June 06/18/23, 09:38:38 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just called my Dad for Fathers Day.  I saw on radar a tiny little rain cloud and it hit us perfectly.  Rained good for a few minutes and has been a light rain for 20 minutes.  We needed it. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had a down spout plugged from the dang tree's..  had to take it apart to get it clean...   too bad no rain is around...   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning. Monday is my Friday at work. We had a third of an inch of rain yesterday. Helps a little. Sounds like a really hot week ahead. Have a good one!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and heading for 80s today. We got no rain here yesterday. So we started running sprinklers on the grass. The will be my project for today. Moving sprinklers and finish watering the yard.  Maybe this coming weekend we can setup the pump we bought 2 years ago to pump water from the lake instead of using the well. We bought it because it was so dry and then it started raining so we never set it up. Happy Monday boys. Have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it's Day 8, one more day as RSO and one more in MDHA booth tomorrow. Deadeye is here today in booth so I can go harass him today. Got to go, later........ :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here and heading in to the 80's today..   getting warm again..  no rain here either...  got a few things done yesterday and have some more today too...  have a good day!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Last week when we got a lot of rain that one day it was pouring out of our gutters but not in the right spots.  Mike we cleaned our gutters too and they were plugged with helicopters and ash tree things.  We ended up with about 3/8" of rain yesterday so about what Roony got.  It just kept coming down and at times pretty hard.  Have a guy coming to look at buying my horse trailer and round pen.  He may even look at my tractor.  WD Allis.  I may sell that too.  Time for more java.  Have a great day.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 63 when I headed for the boat & 81 is 'sposed to be the high. Much like yday, only the rock-o's & the little perch were willin again today. Going to straighten out the lift, it's not true with the dock,  & may even lower the dock a bit more too. Got some sand that needs to be moved to smooth out the approach on the new shed too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Garnered another .27" of rain at the ranch late yesterday afternoon & .35" in Bugtussle. Brought the totals for the past 36 hrs. to .4" & .6" respectively. Loaded up cull ewes and some yearlings that didn't make the cut between last nite & this morning. A few of them beat me up pretty good but at least that prick of a ram loaded easily. He's smashed & wrecked more equipment than any animal we've ever had. Be hauling them to Zumbrota around lunchtime. Eerily quiet this a.m. after the rain. Guys must have lost their cell phones, be sleeping in or celebrating Juneteenth.  :coffee:   
« Last Edit: June 06/19/23, 09:28:57 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.......... man that store was a sh!tshow this morning.  :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: there's so much stuff in the back room cant move, running into people.......its the worst i've seen it. they say the july 4th time frame is there busiest but sheez!!!!!!

anywho, gonna try and get some outside stuff done........but maybe got 2 hours sleep last nite so a nappy poo is in order first!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  the pick em up said 91 coming home earlier and it feels it. Chased the sprinklers also in the last few days JB. Curious how long you otta work anyhow,  maybe I missed it? We all pay for disability over the years might as well get something in return is how I look at it, used it twice myself.  Our boulevard looks like complete crap since they re-did our streets a few yrs back,  got any recommendations on soil testing Dotch? I've wasted many a bags of seed. Anywho  best find out what I'm making for dinner....See Ya!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobber, I am planning to go back to work on July 10th. That will be basically 9 weeks off. Physical therapy should be starting soon.
LPS, are all your horses gone now? I thought you had 2.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Think 1 died a few weeks ago.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Think 1 died a few weeks ago.
1 did. But I thought they had 2 horses?  :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup got a real nice looking buckskin right after I moved here.  Have kept a horse as his pasture mate.  Jiggsy was about 30 and died about a month or two ago.  Got real skinny even after extra worming and extra feed.  Had Jiggsy for about 7 years knowing is time was short.  SO Bucko is still here and looking great.  He is a tough horse and stays in good shape. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang,  you put down 2 animals in a short time,  sorry to hear it. My daughter is a horse fanatic,  we hafta go riding when ever she wants it seams. When she was little she wanted to tie one to the tree in the yard...lol.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  That's great that she loves animals.  Yes big change with Jiggsy and Buddy gone.  Cooper has flourished being with us alone for awhile.  He is so good with Jake.  Fun to watch him teasing the tiny pup to come and bite the stick he has.  Even shares his toys with him.  We were hoping it would all work out.  We give Cooper extra hugs too so he knows we still love him too.  Life is good, or has been.  The wife goes back to work tomorrow so now I have to do my day whilst letting Jake has his time outside too.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So that puts Bucko at 23.  He and I have been friends for a long time.  We used to be in the Lake of the Woods Possee.  We had monthly meetings and did horse things to keep them used to stuff.  Walking over blue tarps and through foot deep empty aluminum cans etc.  Was good for both of us.  Mostly we were in parades with the other members.  Haven't done that for a few years though.  He is just my friend now.  Haven't even ridden him in a few years.  May have to do something about that.