Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5457031 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: morning fellers.......got 3 hours in at the store already. i know there will be a  :campfire: and  :toast: tonight. since momma is going up to her sisters by mille lacs, i'm sure a repeat is in order tomorrow also!!!!! good thing momma picked up more beer!!!!! :happy1: got it on sale plus a $15.00 rebate on 3 cases!!!!!!!  :bow: :happy1:

not sure what i'll tackle yet today  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
yuppers got the rebate too!!!     :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sooo Glenn, how did it go yesterday????

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
sooo Glenn, how did it go yesterday????
i just posted it........not good.......sucks.........but i,m holding out hope!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There will be a fire in my future tonight too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well that might be held off, at the ER with Mom currently. :confused: :surrender: :surrender:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 again and going for the 80's again...   got all the buildings sprayed with tempo yesterday..  seen a couple spots where the spiders were setting up house...  this should fix that..  repaired the mail box too...   the handle on the door had broke off in the dead of the winter, so patched it up then...  way better now...  more things to do today too..    have a good weekend!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 63 here & 80 will be the high. Never went back out :fishing: yday but made it out there early again today & even managed 1 keeper. I mowed along the drive & out at the road yday morning. My brother got the new lake pump running too, the old 1 went belly up. There's a few things on my list today too. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a nice 64 degree morning.  Sun is shining.  We had a fire for you Glenn.  Hoping you and your Mom are ok.  We may take a run to the Falls today.  Hit the Big M.  Just weighed the Jakester and he is 12.5 lbs.  He was only 8 when we got him.  He is looking stockier too.  He is so good.  Sleeps all night long.  Well you all have a nice day.  Especially you Glenn.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 here and heading towards 80 here also. We got the grass cut yesterday and raked. Put the fish houses in their summer spot finally and we pulled the dock and moved it over so we can get the boat down the ramp. Now I just need to get the snowmobile out of the way so we can get the boat out. Neighborhood picnic this afternoon. So plan is to go to that. I need to make a pasta salad to bring along. About it here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Sprinkled a few times yesterday but that's all it could muster. Still too wet yesterday afternoon to finish weeding the Indian corn plot west of town. Prolly won't go well until Sunday. Should get the mower out and tackle the backyard. Some of it needs it, some of it really doesn't. Some of it has tomato cages on it that should be put around the tomatoes 1st. Since the 'maters are weeded, that's the next step. Then I should entertain thoughts of putting the rear mounted mower on the tractor. Of course there's a wagon with a flat tire in the way of that. Fun never stops around here... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
MORNING FELLERS........ gonna take it easy today.......tweeked my back the other day and its hurtin. about the only thing i really wanna get done is bring my canoe up to moms. selling it. she gets a lot of horseshoe chain traffic and being its the 4th and river lake days are coming up should see alot of views!!!!!!

then see how the day goes!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Day two at campground. Need to go home today and grab the golf cart along with the corn cooker for sweet corn. Have a great weekend everyone, later…. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mark, where is the campground your at???

We did the permanent site camper thing for about 15 years. Yea it was great, no setting up packing up. Issue became I didn't get enough time for the cabin, the money you paid for seasonal rent you felt you needed to be there every chance you get .

Then things started changing, neighborhood changed couldn't trust new people so we left. Way more Time at the cabin. My brother and I split the fees up there. It's cheaper, quieter, no close neighbors. Yea it's a lot further drive

But enjoy your time there!! :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, we’re at Lazy Days just north of Miltona. We’re going to try this for two months to see if we like it. The wife doesn’t care to go to Hubbard co. because the schoolhouse doesn’t have running water or indoor plumbing. I’ll still find time to go there.  :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, we’re at Lazy Days just north of Miltona. We’re going to try this for two months to see if we like it. The wife doesn’t care to go to Hubbard co. because the schoolhouse doesn’t have running water or indoor plumbing. I’ll still find time to go there.  :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1: kinda sounds like the cabin. we do have a pump from the lake that brings lake water to the cabin for dishes, washing up etc!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 here and heading to about 87 or 88 today...   getting to warm!!!   got everything done I wanted to yesterday and then some..  so today the main thing to do is mow...   and that won't take long, only needs it in some places...   so I'm thinking a bike ride is in order today too!!  have a good day all!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A nice 62 here this morning.  Had a nice night out by the fire.  We trimmed both of the huge down trees to keep the fire going.  Also cut some nice wood too.  Gonna be a longer term project that I originally thought.  Prolly about 2-3 cords per tree. ??? Will give us enough wood for this winter and next with what I already have stashed.  That is a good thing.  I see a little of a breeze going now.  We are headed over to the Falls today.  Kept working yesterday and didn't make it.  Plus watched the Twins pulverize the Orioles.  LOL  I see the game today is at 11 so will miss most of it.   You all have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 63 last I looked here & we're only gonna make 84, they're sayin. :scratch: The lake was like glass early but it looks like we have a SE breeze goin now. No Twins on BSNOR today, LPS. :pouty: Peacock only, I believe. :rolleyes: Nothin very important on my list so I'm thinkin some boat time before it gets too warm sounds good. As always, there's a couple little things I can mess with, if I want. :scratch: 'Bout it here, have a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess that takes care of the Twins for us.  Thanks for the info Gunner. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69 here and heading for high 80s today. Got a couple projects tackled yesterday, then the picnic started next door around 5. Lots of good food. Had fun visiting and then fireworks at dark. It was one heck of a show too. Best fireworks show I have ever seen. Better than any city shows too. Otherwise just a go with the flow project kinda day. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 80's. Got a lot done yesterday around the yard including picking up the mess from garden planting, putting tomato cages on, cleaning up the mess from fence moving, coiling up the watering hose, etc., so now I can mow the part of the lawn again that needs it. Also switched gears on my pasture weed control strategy both at home & the neighbor's. Devised a way to attach my sprayer to the Gator and will spray the thistle patches rather than kicking the can down the road by mowing them. That just delays the inevitable with Canada thistle in particular. And where the patches are thick I can slow down and really nuke them. Tractor cab has no AC. Gator doesn't either but it'll be cooler than inside that cab. Gator's full of diesel & sprayer's ready to go. After figuring out what the sprayer output was last nite, I can add Milestone to the spray tank, fill 'er up and make their lives miserable.  :happy1: See how long that takes & how pooed I am. Like to get the lawn mowed too but not sure that'll be on today's agenda. Gotta save some for seed.  :cool:
« Last Edit: July 07/02/23, 09:03:44 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My son, wife, and two young grandkids got here about 1 Sat AM. I worked Saturday but am taking today and Monday off to spend time with them. In fact all three of our sons will be here today. It's been a while for that.
I won't be going back to work until next Saturday. Retirement from working full time is on the horizon. I hate to admit it but 11 hour days on that concrete are getting to be a bit much for this young feller.
« Last Edit: July 07/02/23, 09:18:59 AM by roony »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Really good fireworks display at campground last night. Think I’ll donate more for it next year. Well it’s back to snackin, nappin, grillin and some beers, later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 85 here and finally clouded up. Some really good friends of ours stay at the county park on the otter side of the lake this week every year so we filled a cooler jumped in the boat and met them at the sand bar. After floating on floaties and downing a couple I are fried, the sun block 30 didn't seem to work. Anywho looking like rain perhaps,  best get grilling...See ya! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
evening fellers......what a effed up day!!!!!!!!!! :surrender: :surrender: :bs: did manage to get a batch of fish smoked.

when i got home late this afternoon i was so darn hungry i coulda ate a tub of cottage cheese with olives in it!!!!!!!!!  :bonk: :bonk: but i resisted!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 68 here and heading for 88 today...   sounds humid too...  got the yard mowed by 2 yesterday and by 4 we had some rain!!   ended up with a little over .3!!!   might have to find something to do today later on, haven't left the house since last Thursday afternoon!!!   might have to check the American Legion out later!!!  have a good day all!!   

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning. About the same weather, here.
Built a little fire Saturday. Made a pot of coffee and a peach cobbler in my Dutch oven.
A good, soaking rain would be nice.
Have a great, safe day, everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellas. We got about a tenth rain during the overnight. Once I fell asleep I heard nuttin. Sounds like tonight could get crazy weather wise

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 66 here as well & we're on our way to 84. I got in a boat ride after breakfast yday & the lake looked quite a bit greener than it did a couple days ago IMO. Not much action yday, but still might give that a try again today. I gave the new shed grass a good drink, washed all the cement dust off the big doors too. There's a little mowing I could do, but we'll see, ...................might just wait 'til it cools off at the end of the week too. :scratch: No more now, have a good day.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 71 and hazy. Gonna take pops out dragging daredevils soon, hard part is getting him in da boat. Best run....See ya!