Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5456236 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  71 here and about 82 for the high.  Kind of cloudy and I hope it stays that way whilst I mow.  Need to get that done today.  Chance of a T-storm later on I guess.  Will be a humid day.  Other than that just trying to stay out of trouble. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 70 at choretime heading for a high around 90. Forecast is for rain moving in primarily tomorrow afternoon. We shall see. Lately the forecasts have turned out more like Lucy pulling the football away at the last second. Got a bunch done yesterday. Nuked the thistles at home then went to the kindly neighbor's & nailed those too. He's finally got some of the crap cleaned up (wire, fenceposts, rock piles, etc.) so I can navigate under the trees without killing myself. I still have part of tank of spray left to touch up any spots I missed. Mowed the front part of the lawn before chores last nite then watered all the plants so I didn't have to listen to the wife whine about it this morning. Finish the mowing, finish writing another article & grill a couple half legs of lamb for a get together later. Run to town and get an oil filter perhaps. Otherwise taking it casual.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 71 here and going for 82 according to LPS. I haven't looked at the forecast yet. We have a semi-strong NW wind today. Making it a bit choppy. Which is about what I figured. I finally got the garage all rearranged yesterday so now we can get the boat out. Oh well at least the garage looks nice and organized now. We will go to the flea market in Roosevelt today a ND apparently run to town for a couple things. Then see what comes after that. Not sure fishing will be on the list unless the wind dies down. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched the radar yesterday and saw a dandy thunderstorm headed straight for us. Twenty minutes later we had all of our stuff in the back of the pick ups and in campers so nothing will blow away. As soon as this storm came across hwy 29 three miles west of us it just petered out and we had about a 30 minute light rain instead. Oh well. It’s surf and turf tonight, steaks and a cold tuna salad. Can’t wait. Time for a trip to town, them two beers in the cooler won’t cut for today, later…… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been going to make a tuna salad but haven't gotten around to it. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds good. I made a pasta salad for the neighborhood picnic on Saturday. That was tasty.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds good. I made a pasta salad for the neighborhood picnic on Saturday. That was tasty.
just add tuna!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, a tuna sandwich does sound good. Tuna, mayo, onions, cheese on rye bread with Tobacco sauce. Big glass of cold milk.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have tuna melts often.  2 cans of tuna for 4 sandwichs.  On hamburger buns.  Mix the tuna with some mayo, mustard, onions, some sweet relish, cheese in little chunks.  Wrap 2 per foil and put in oven at 325 for about half hour.  Nice easy supper. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Well back home non lakeside,  94 and ugly out. Had a great time idling around the lake with pops, lotsa floating weeds from dem dam boats ripping up the lake, he caught the lone fish a 17.5" eye that smoked his funky colored spoon, good for him. My weed less silver Johnson spoon tipped with a white tail didn't do squat. Anywho the a/c feels mint, might hafta do rock/ paper/ scissors with momma to see who grills...I'm sure I'll lose.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 here and and only going to 71 today they say...   looks like rain west of here, bring it on!!!   going to drive up to Wadena this morning and check out Super One foods meat sale...  lots of fore works in the area again last night, some nice colors!!! did get a bike ride in yesterday too, man was it hot riding it too!!    have a good day all!

Happy 4th of July!!!!        :USA: :USA:   

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
63 here this morning. Going to 74 this afternoon. Just started raining here. Supposed to rain until about noon.

Happy Fourth..... :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A chilly 59 here headed for 72.  Happy 4th to all of you.  Pretty calm too I see.  Gonna have some coffee then out to work on the projects that are out there.  Keep whittling away and mayhaps I will be caught up some day. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 64 @ 1st peek & they're saying 71 will be our high. The hourly has the rain starting here around 11. :cool: I got in another boat ride yday but it was more of a mid-morning run. Had a couple little spots that needed mowing, fired up 1 of the chain saws for about 10-15 minutes too. Not sure where I'll start today yet but I see a little more boat time before the storm arrives in my future. 'Bout it here, have a great holiday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Happy Independence Day!!! 62 and fairly calm here too. Cloudy day today. The hour by hour says rain here around 11 also. We shall see. We sat on the dock and had a fire last night and watched some of the neighbors shoot of fireworks. The next door neighbor grabbed a drink and chairs and joined us for awhile. It was a nice night. Bugs got bad for a little while then disappeared. Not sure what will be on the agenda today. Have a good one boys.
 :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 Morning fellers, I'm not politically correct so.... Happy 4th of July  :USA: :USA: :party3:

Back at the hospital already. :pouty:

Oh yeah looks like we could get some rain soon!; :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Happy Independence Day, comrades!  :USA: :USA: :USA: 72 at choretime heading for a high around 90. Some near miss thundershowers last nite but no go. Maybe tonite but chances of some rough stuff with it. Just some rain would be fine. Yesterday started out decent. Got some errands run, went to the grocery store, got home, started grilling a couple half legs for a gathering at Beaver Lake. My phone rings & here it is the DH owner/editor from the local paper, telling me that the paper is going to print a day early so he needed my article a day early. This after I had plans, the grill going, lawn to mow, garden to tend, chores to do, 4-H kids coming to work with sheep, etc. Told him I'd get it to him after supper. Should've chewed him a new one. No excuse for that BS. His dad, the former owner used to pull the same stunt. If the little DH does it again, he just doesn't get an article. Ruined the whole damn day.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: still not to late to give his a piece of your mind!! training-087 or a swift kick in the keester! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd Glenn's statement!!!!   tell him you just retired!!!! 

change of plans, stay home today and check out Wadena Thursday...   
« Last Edit: July 07/04/23, 09:31:50 AM by mike89 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed home today to get some Landry done and rest up a bit . Plan on shooting day one tomorrow at state trapshoot. Happy Fourth, later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: still not to late to give his a piece of your mind!! training-087 or a swift kick in the keester! :rotflmao:

That's what needs to happen glenn. I did the same thing with his dad after he pulled that stunt & some other things, such as running ads w/o my consent and billing me for them. Have to watch newspaper people like a hawk that way. A lot of them like to pull that one until you call them on it. Not like I'm getting paid a lot to write these articles. On an hourly basis, I'm lucky if I get $5 an hour, plus I advertise on a weekly basis in the paper as well. That gives me even more leverage. Without advertising from local small businesses, small town papers would fold up like cheap tents. Subscription fees don't cover diddly squat. And, I have yet to get one thin dime of business due to any ad I've ever run. Yet, some clowns will do business with someone from outside the area who don't advertise locally because they'll undercut us on price. None of us small businesses ever receive a thank you from anyone in the community for helping to keep the paper afloat. It's just expected of us. End of rant.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very true Dotch and very sad too...  I for one enjoy reading the news paper.... 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll write it for you Mark as long as you promise not to edit it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always subscribe to the local paper.  I used to advertise on a Fargo TV station quite a bit.  I started getting bills for different stuff and called them and said the salesman never even talked to me just billed me for stuff.  That ended our relationship. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was going to watch the Nathan's hot dog eating contest, weather delayed!!!!   say what!!!!! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 going for 67 they say today...  turned into a nice day yesterday evening, lots of folks out having a good time!!  next door they must of had 45 minutes of fireworks!!!  lots of noise and color for sure!!!   have a good day all... 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 55 here and heading for 65 today. A fairly strong wind today making the lake a little ruff. We went for a drive down in the forest yesterday afternoon and discovered the blue berries are getting ready. So the plan is to go pick blue berries today. The wife has today off of work. My time off of work is winding down. Monday I head back. Kinda glad, but also kinda sad. I am able to finally start doing some things, so more time off would have been nice. Oh well. About it here. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is steady light rain here now. Not adding up to much but will water the garden maybe.  Man JB, back to the cold cruel world for you.  Bittersweet.  I have to run to town for some things later on.  May be a day of rest as hard as we worked yesterday.  Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 59 here early & we're headed for 66. Got a pretty good NW breeze already too. I did get in some boat time yday & even got a little wet coming in. Need a few things, so we're headed to town today. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Purty quiet for a whatever the heck day it is. Quite a few people still on vacation fishing and whatnot. After chores yesterday, took after some thistles with the bean hook that I couldn't get with the sprayer. Got the backyard mowed before noon. Cleaned up some weeds on the west side of the house that were getting on my nerves. No one else knew they were there but I did. Worked on solar lights a couple hours, some of which were beyond repair. Had a little lunch then Poppy & I took a nap. Just sorta coasted after that.