Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5455467 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 57 here and will hit about 74 it looks like.  No real big plans today but we may hang around the camper with the pup and get him used to it.  Should push the dock out deeper too.  I see a fire in the future too. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   Nice 57 degrees and sunny here this morning.   Might have to jump in the boat for a couple hours while waiting for the grass to get dry enough to mow.  It is a yard kind of day today.   Once that is done I might have to jump back in the boat for an evening fish. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just got back this morning from a week's "vacation". Not sure if you call it a vacation when you are retired. lol.  At any rate it was a great week with lots of fishing taking place. Didn't do too well with walleye but caught many nords, sunfish, rock bass and largemouth bass. The big bass were on the bite and we caught many between 17-19 inches. Lots of campfires, food and BS'ing.  What happened to the rock bass people. I caught quite a few when bass fishing, some were quite large.

I put one on the ruler. It's only 3/4 inch short of the State record.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Evening comrades! had 51 at choretime and wound up around 75. Absolutely gorgeous day despite the lack of rain. Oh yeah, we garnered .04" at the ranch and .05" in Bugtussle late afternoon and early evening yesterday. Got thru another car show and altho I didn't bring home any hardware, it was a relaxing day. Show gets a little bigger every year. 125 cars which pretty well took up all of the north end of main street in Bugtussle. Between sheep ribbons, plaques and trophies and ditto with car show stuff, what am I going to do with all of it? As a buddy of mine likes to say, in a 100 years, no one's gonna care anyway! More fun to drive 'em & see people gawk. Someone offered me some serious cash for the Stude today. Wasn't kidding either. Had it in his pocket. I was flattered but if I sell it, I can't go on cruises until I buy something else. Haven't seen anything else currently available I'd rather have. It was a standing offer so who knows? Maybe if that Avanti R2 shows up...  :scratch:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/08/23, 09:32:40 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here and cloudy. Heading for 82 it says. We got a little rain last night. .01" according to the weather station. Just enough to wet things down. We tried to boat the boat in the lake yesterday afternoon, but the water is not deep enough at home to get it off of the bunk trailer. So we will need to take it up to Long Point and launch at the resort. Then we can put it on the roller trailer when we come home. Not sure what is on the agenda for today. Go with the flow. Last day of freedom for me. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 here and heading towards 80 or so today...  should mow today, only needs it in a few areas again...  got plenty done yesterday might do some more today!!   have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  54 here and a good chance of rain today.  Cloudy and we have a breeze.  Just can't get Jake a good solid poop.  Feeding the Diamond puppy and may switch to Purina like Glenn did.  I don't think he has diarrhea anymore.  LOL  We give him a spoon of pumpkin pie filling which is supposed to work and it does help but that isn't the long term answer.  So that means a quick trip over and back to the Falls.  When I lived on the Ottertail river we caught a lot of Rockies and was a lot of fun especially with friends that didn't fish a lot.  We turned them into a big fish fry too.  Tasted as good as anything else.  My neighbor kept telling me about all of the small mouth bass he was catching and eating.  He saw our Rockies and realized he wasn't catching Smallies.  LOL   Nice one DE.   Well stay out of trouble, see ya later. 
« Last Edit: July 07/09/23, 07:49:48 AM by LPS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well yesterday my shooting abilities were put to the test and I didn’t fare well. Next week I have another trailer showing up to get some parts welded back on it. That will keep me busy for a day, need to cut grass and get boat fired up and water ready. After ten days in the camper I’m ready to get home. Have a great Sunday everyone, later… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, folks. Up to 62° by 8:00.
All gardens watered, dog got his morning belly rub. Bird feeders filled. Coffee is done, breakfast is almost ready.
Have an epic day.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. On tap today: Gardening, going to get some hay & unloading it then helping with a sheep washing project. Should pretty well shoot the day in the arse. Well best get at it. Had my allotted fun for the week yesterday. Stuff won't do itself.
« Last Edit: July 07/09/23, 01:39:56 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........another day at moms ...... dont realize it till i get home but it sure beats the snot outta ya!!!!! some of the grandkids are coming up to do a picture board for the funeral!!!!!!! the kindly single mom neighbor generously offered her garbage and recycling bin to use. i'm gonna need it!!!!!! :doah: :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: man dotch and tangletooth get to have all the fun!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got the yard mowed, what needer cutting anyway...  man do I like my new mower!!   works so good!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
got the yard mowed, what needer cutting anyway...  man do I like my new mower!!   works so good!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
ALWAYS

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Then come over and cut mine. :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks but no thanks!!!    you have a huge yard to cut!!!!     :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

besides I don't want you to miss out on all the fun!!!!   
« Last Edit: July 07/09/23, 06:24:26 PM by mike89 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here this morning. Supposed to make 69 today. A bit cooler than yesterday. We got 1 inch of rain overnight.  :happy1: Getting ready to head back to the salt mines this morning. My first day back in 9 weeks. Kinda bitter sweet. About it here. Have a good one boys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck sir .... Don't get salt in that wound! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 66 here and going towards a warm and humid 80 today...  got a few things done yesterday and got more plans for today...  and a bike ride too...   looks like the powerball jackpot is getting up there...  maybe I'll but a ticket...   yea right, never remember to do it!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:    have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a nice 52 degree morning.  Pretty wet too after our 1/2" of rain.  Should see 72 today with a healthy breeze.  Nice day.  Will get some outside stuff done today.  The pup is doing great.  We did change his food and he seems to like it better.  We shall see how that goes.  He sure is peppy and loves to play with Cooper.  Cooper couldn't be a better big brother to him.  So fun to see them having fun together.  You all have a great day.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 59 here & we should see 71. 'Sposed to be raining here too but I was just out & no dice. Went for a sunrise boat ride yday & again after breakfast. Actually, came in with a couple keepers the last time. We had company when I came in, Sis & BIL, so we spent the day catching up on things. We're headed over Scenic's way today as my brother has an eye appointment over there @ 11. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to get the yard mowed this morning before the humid crap moves in. Nephew brought my alum trailer back yesterday and he and my brother did manage to break one of the fenders away from the trailer. No surprise there. So now I have two trailers to work on today. That should be enough to do for today, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Drier than a popcorn fart. Calling for some rain tonite. Believe it when I see it. Got thru the sheep washing project, got my hay then punted on unloading it. Decided the garden watering was more crucial so got up and unloaded the hay before chores this a.m. So far so good for a Monday altho it is early yet. They had lots of time to dream up nonsense over weekend so I never count them out. Well better tear into 'er. We're burnin' daylight.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Monday funny.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
in boars case he used to use fireball!!!!!!!  :rotflmao:

afternoon fellers.......didnt sleep well last nite and up at 4;30 to work the store.  :pouty: gonna end up running on fumes!!!! heard we could get some pop up storms so want to get threw the garden quick before headed up to moms..  meeting with an auctioneer at 5 today!!!!!

as dotch would say.......fun never ends!!!!!1

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That was a good one boR!! Afternoon peoples 91 and hot here. I sure hope it rains,  there yapping of maybe some serious crap coming thru, the yard needs a feeding so I might load the spreader up and wait. 9 weeks off JB, that's a haul, spose they had to do some retraining this morning  ;) . Anywho I hear momma is off da phone, think I'll go n pester her while she's working....See ya!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening boys. I survived the first day back. Just like riding a bike. Only took a small 2x4 to get me back in line.  ;)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here and heading for low 70s today. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 here and heading towards 73 today...  a way cooler day for sure!!!  good to hear JB on only a small 2 X 4!!  Got a few things on the agenda today but nothing big...  have a good day!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........love the temp today!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

wake for mom is this afternoon. emotions are all over the place this morning!!!!!! :scratch: :confused: talked to an auctioneer yesterday.......kinda liking what we are hearing, a Miller out of Rice!!!!!!!

mt garage is getting so ya cant move.  :mad1: :confused: think i may start loading the truck of stuff that needs to go north!!!!! :pouty: