Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5455523 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 52 to start here today & I'm seeing 71 for the high. Everything went pretty well yday as he was done early, so we were back here by 12:30. We put the deck back on the mower Sis brought up after 1 of their friends worked on it. I mowed a little along the drive too. Already got a few things done today & not sure what's next. :scratch: Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Yard is cut, trailer #one is welded back up and I got the fender back (2 hours) on my 5X10 aluma trailer. Good thing they, my brother, didn't take the (8X16) steel tandem trailer like I told them (sic). That's his problem, gets in a hurry and things get broken. Now its time to get boat running and take a run at deadeye and dk, yippee. Later..... :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice cool morning here.  I should mow today or tomorrow.  Then get the camper ready for the wife's Family Reunion.  Will be bringing the Grandson back with us for a week.  Now that he is 12 and can drive the Ranger he likes it here even better.  He has a 15 mph limit though.  Grandma keeps a close eye on him.  Well good to hear you remembered where work is even at JB.  LOL  Can't imagine what you are going through Glenn.  Hasn't happened to me yet.  The wife has gone through all of that with her parents already.  Tough deal for sure. Well try to have a good day all of youse. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 56 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Downright comfortable. More spotty showers last nite. Only .01" at the ranch and double that in Bugtussle. Some places got up to .7". Gonna take more than that to get this corn crop to the finish. Got the sheep trimming project done last nite altho I was in charge of the food & beverage dept., not the trimming. Was also trying to write a column so just nicely got that finished up a little bit ago. Need to be home by 5:30 so the people showing the sheep can take it to the fair tonite. Borrowing my trailer which always makes me a little nervous. In other words, I feel your pain markn. Just never sure what kind of shape it might come back in.  :rolleyes: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here and heading for around 70 today. Might be a slight chance of rain later today. Getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Not going to bad being back. So far the worst part is keeping the leg brace from constantly falling down. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 here and heading to 72 and same as JB maybe a chance for rain...  going over to Alex this morning and get a few things, nothing big..   took the new rto me bike out yesterday and it rode super nice, new tires didn't hurt that!!   a keeper!!   have a good day all!! :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........got a bit of rain yesterday while at moms wake, not much. looks like a better chance today.  Richmonds big river lakes day doings is this weekend, happens to be right by moms house due to all kinds of road work in town. maybe spend some time there. certainly dont gotta go far!!!!!! :happy1: well suppose i best start getting ready for the funeral!!!!!!!! :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Tough days, Glenn. Hang in there. Better days are comin’.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that bud....

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
3x. I should probably see what I have to mail you... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 53 when I headed for the boat & 68 will be our high, they're sayin. It looks like Sunday is our best chance for some moisture. Finished mowing along the driveway yday & did down by the road too. There's more of that that can be done but................... :scratch:. It's starting to look like the boat lift could use a little more water pretty soon too. :rolleyes: Undecided on priority #1 yet, find out when I get there, I guess.  :confused: Have a good day.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Tough days, Glenn. Hang in there. Better days are comin’.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I feel for ya Glenn and Sue.  Don't know what else to say other than our thoughts are with you.  Slept late and felt good.  Trying to beat this sort of cold that I have hanging on.  I opened up a can of Spam.  That should do it.  The wife just shook her head.  Do you want more diarrhea she said.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Spam and eggs with toast should get me all revved up this morning.  LOL  Then I have to get the dock moved and then some mowing.  Always something.  I need an assistant that can take care of some of these things for me.  Sure glad I don't have as much to do as Dotch does.  Well have a great hump day!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Boat runs. Look out. Now it needs a good cleaning after being a storage container all Winter. Headed to Dr. in a few minutes to get a physical and my azz chewed for how high my sugar and blood pressure have been since I started keeping track of it two weeks ago. Got to run, later..... :happy1: :happy1:

Glenn, having lost both of my parents I do know what you are going thur. Please keep a positive attitude and each day moving forward from now WILL get better. Trust me on that. Thoughts and prayers.
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Currently getting a nice rain shower in Bugtussle. Had no rain in the gauge at the ranch at 7:30 but upon checking the one in Bugtussle, we already had .11" about 8:15. Still raining. One of those days when in Canada it would call for a good nap. Canada should happen next week. So should the nap. Waseca Co. Fair is on this week so we're going to watch one of the 4-H kids show one of our lambs. This kid and the parents have been a breath of fresh air. She worked hard with the animal and the parents were there every step of the way. It's a really nice ewe lamb and hope she does well for her. She deserves it. Don't envy your position glenn. After my Dad died when I was 26, losing my Mom was really tough. Just glad we got to enjoy her as long as we did. A lot of treasured memories in those later years. Hope you were able to do the same.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't envy you either Glenn. Thoughts and prayers for you and the wife. My days of that are yet to come and not looking forward to it. Hoping you can head up to the cabin soon and take a break and relax some.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 56 here and heading for 77 it says. We got us a Blackstone griddle yesterday. So I got that put together last night. It is the 22" pack and go model. Should make it easy to travel for camping. I have a blood draw this morning before starting work. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 55 here early & headed towards  77. We ended up in GR ~ 11 yday as everybody needed a couple things. Trying to fine tune the height on the mower we just put back together, so I mowed a little yday too. Might be a bit more of that done today as well. Kind of cloudy & the wind is 'sposed to pick up by about noon so I see some boat time happenin today too. 'Bout it here, have a great day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Picked up a new laptop yesterday. need to get it set up this morning. Headed to campground after the Mrs. gets of work this afternoon. I did get one beef strip lion cut up and in the freezer yesterday, pictures coming. I have this site added to the favorites list. now need to add Craigslist and the local paper to it, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 57 here and going towards 81 today and sounds like a mite humid too..  sounds like a good plan Mark!!  not a lot going on today so a slow day maybe..  I will figure it out!!   have a good day all...

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning. Tis a beautiful morning here. Sounds like a decent chance of rain tonight. The warden and I went to the sparsely attended county fair yesterday. Stopped by the sheep show but didn't spot Dotch. Some of the sheep are sure large these days. Had my obligatory Pronto pup and a malt at the dairy stand.
Have a great day all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Packing to hit the wife's family reunion this weekend.  She has me running.  LOL  Well walking fast.  Have a great weekend all of you. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Nice rain yesterday with .63" at the ranch & .56" in Bugtussle proper. Was at the sheep show roony but since I'm in the witness protection program, was in disguise. The young lady we've been working with did quite well. Won her division in lamb lead & had reserve champion ewe. She'll probably get a State Fair trip so that'd be nice for her. She has grown up so much in the past 6 months. The entire experience as I mentioned before has been good for us too. After some of the no show parents the past few years & some kids thinking they can phone it in, it's been a breath of fresh air. Her mom is the daughter of friends of ours in the car club. I've gotten to know the young lady's soon to be stepfather too. He's from Mexico and we get along really well. He's smart, funny, talented, hardworking and always wants to help. Nice to have a friend like that. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Picked up a new laptop yesterday. need to get it set up this morning. Headed to campground after the Mrs. gets of work this afternoon. I did get one beef strip lion cut up and in the freezer yesterday, pictures coming. I have this site added to the favorites list. now need to add Craigslist and the local paper to it, later... :happy1: :happy1:
:happy1: yea Mark...you sure dont wanna miss out on all the helpful insites you get here!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers..........done at the store already.......pretty small load today. was a nice break form everything else going on.

Richmond has there river lakes days celebration this weekend. nmot sur i'm into celebrating at the moment so thinking friday night i'll have me a little alone time in the back yard with some beer and a fire. saturday i'll head up for a while.  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Nice rain yesterday with .63" at the ranch & .56" in Bugtussle proper. Was at the sheep show roony but since I'm in the witness protection program, was in disguise.
Were you wearing that sheep costume again?

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Did some chores around the house and yard yesterday and today. Picked up the Swisher brush mower and gave it the once over including sharpening the blades. Fired up and ran great. My wife and I plan to go to the land this afternoon. After a good meal on the porch, and some well deserved rest, we plan to go to the highest spot to hopefully see a light show.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That's right...  aren't we supposed to be getting a bunch of Northern Lights?  How many days is that supposed to last?  Just tonight?

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard the peak will be Saturday night.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes, but with the clouds and now the smoke moving back in. good luck...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 here and going for 81 today..   a little hazy already...  tried to see the northern lights a couple over night, no go here...  got an appt. at the St. Cloud VA for some testing on my legs this afternoon..  oh yea...   have a good day all..