Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5447930 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 60 @ 1st peek here & I'm seein 88 for the high. Got my stuff done yday too...............now I don't know WTH I'm gonna do today. :bonk:   ;) :smiley: The dock is a little too far out of the water, so I'll use that as an excuse to grab a ratchet & mess with that this afternoon. The area I seeded this Spring is starting to burn up, so I'll give that a little drink 1st thing today. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  64 and headed to 90.  After this morning will hide in the AC for the rest of the day.  We have had a lot of dew in the mornings so that keeps the grass growing I guess.  Will water the maters and wondering if I should water the onions or let them dry up???  Oops better feed the birds.  A nuthatch is looking in the window at me.  Later. There got that done.  The winds yesterday blew the hulls out of the feeder.  Just had to fill it up.  Real nice out with a little breeze.  What a Gophers game last night.  Pretty boring game till the end.  We came out on top.  Have a good one.
« Last Edit: September 09/01/23, 08:09:39 AM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........thinkin my fire plans this evening might be in jeopardy with the fire alert? i'll decide later. its not like i'm near and forest.

wifey and i are headed to st cloud, she'll do her thing, i'll do mine. planning on trying the slims chicken for a lunch date!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 59 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Should do some more corn yields & check on some soybeans to see what condition their condition is in. Monkeyed around yesterday afternoon and part of the evening with a corn binder, a piece of equipment used to make corn bundles for corn shocks. Not making shocks with these. They will be used for decorative purposes and sell for about $15 apiece. Impressive thing was it actually worked. Will need some adjustment. Was putting too many stalks per bundle. Only want 7 - 10 and it was about double that. I ran a binder about 50 years ago and it was a ground drive McCormick, converted from a horse-drawn to a tractor pulled version. This one's a pto driven Deere model so I'm not totally familiar with how they differ. A few obvious differences are the Deere is a left hand harvester where the McCormick I ran was right handed and had a bundle carrier. That allowed the bundles to accumulate, then could be unloaded into small piles on the go. The shocking crew didn't have to walk so far to pick up enough bundles to make a shock, which usually consisted of 35 - 40 bundles. Your antique farm equipment lesson for the day... :coffee:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,
I remember the old corn binder my dad had. I vaguely remember seeing it in operation but I do remember the shocks.  :azn:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: well.....that was a spendy trip to st cloud.........800 bucks worth  :confused: :doah: but now got all my lists gone!!!!!! :happy1: even got the deer license and anterless lottery done!

time to celebrate!!!!!!

:toast:  :campfire:  :toast:

tomorrow it think i drive to channel marine in richmond..........mom left us some money............she might buy me a hummingbird locator with the chip.!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so you don't need the extra hours then!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so you don't need the extra hours then!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
oh Yea. My wife is spendy! :confused: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, slept in a bit this morning and it felt good!!!  66 and heading to 90 today, yuk...   oh march on I guess..   not much going on, just get ready for company...   have a good day all!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 57 here and headed to 95.  It is hazy out too. Smoke/air quality is at 48.  Calm now but winds should pick up in a bit.  That may clear the air up.  ???  The highest I saw yesterday was about 85.  We sat on the deck in the shade and it was actually pretty nice with the breeze.  May not be able to do that today.  No  big plans yet and that is ok with me.  Have a great Saturday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........survived last nite just fine!!!!  :happy1: :rotflmao: even the wife had 2 beers with me.  :happy1:

she left me unsupervised for the day...went to spend time with the kids and grandkids before school starts. plan isto get what i'd like  to get done outside this morning before the furnace kicks in.  :puke: :surrender:

think the Twinkies are on channel 9.......fox tonight.......might just tune  them in!!!!! :happy1: should be some college football on too today!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 66 here and heading into the 90s I guess. Seen 88 on the way home last night. Sure can tell the humidity is not high. Loaded the skid steer and gave the blades a touch up on the brush hog. Will be heading out shortly to go do some brush hogging for a friend in Williams. About it here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 63 the last I looked & 90 will be our high. We had a couple Ash trees doing some shedding yday in that wind. There's 1 down by the road & another up on this end. Spent around an hour in the lake yday PM, lowering the dock. Went out :fishing: early today & even though it was like glass, they were biting. I could've had 8 but decided to let 'em go, instead. It looks like a roll with it type day here. Have a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-90's. I should prolly do like glenn & get my chit done this a.m. That includes hauling out the garbage, picking up ground fall apples & pears, then cleaning the gunk out from under the mower deck. Unless I get a bug up my @$$ to mow, think I'll hide out the rest of the day in the AC. Got a positive ID on the baldfaced hornets from the Boy Entmologist. Fished a dead one out of the jelly dish last nite and placed it on the sticky trap for size reference. The squares on the traps are 1" x 1". It's a little twisted but that's who it is. Now I gotta be on the lookout for the nest. Likely nearby but could be anywhere. Prolly see it this fall when the leaves drop off. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh and i almost forgot..........the verdict is in on Slim Chickens........i need to go back and try a few other items. i had the buffalo wrap, wife had wings. a sizeable portion of fries and a soda. think the bill for both was 26 bucks.

the wings were nuttin to totally brag about but were good!!!! seen others that ordered sammiches, they looked really good. service was great and looked like they had plenty of help!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 70 at the moment and going towards 95 or so today...  yuk..  company made it here in fine time and we had a good afternoon and evening..  grilled some burgers and had some good eats!!  more of the same today besides staying out of the sun!!  have a good day all!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  64 here and the last I saw will be 87 for the high.  The last 2 days have been short of what they predicted for the high so they lowered it for today.  Didn't do much yesterday but will do recycling today and drop off a bag of dog food at the Humane Society.  My good deed for the day.  Jake is doing great.  We have to give him a time out in his pen so Cooper can take a break once in a while.  LOL  Well have a good day. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 68 here and heading for mid 80s. I spent the day in the skid steer brush hogging at a friend's place. He has lots of clumps of diamond willow thru out his CRP. Man is was a toasty one in the skid steer yesterday. I went until 6:30 last night. That is when the battery died in the skid steer and I couldn't move. John had to get my jump pack out of my pickup and rescue me. Can't figure out why sometimes it will charge on other times it won't. It will be another day of brush hogging again today. Hopefully finish up the CRP today. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 69 when I went down to the dock & it looks like we'll top out ~ 90. I pulled a glenn yday  ;) :smiley: & got my stuff done early as the Hawks were on at 11. Got plenty tired of listening to all the Colorado/Deion Sanders :bs: watchin football yday.  :thumbs: Got a couple things to do early today, so I better roll. Have a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll admit I did tune into the Sanders show for awhile but not for long. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Staying outa the heat gona prep some farm stuf and what the vikes!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........

BOAR.......the Vikings arent on today..... :rotflmao: season starts next week.

leaving for the cabin Tuesday morning need to get stuff done. so this morning before it starts cookin.......busy busy outside.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Staying outa the heat gona prep some farm stuf and what the vikes!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Keep us posted on the score.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 69 when I went down to the dock & it looks like we'll top out ~ 90. I pulled a glenn yday  ;) :smiley: & got my stuff done early as the Hawks were on at 11. Got plenty tired of listening to all the Colorado/Deion Sanders :bs: watchin football yday.  :thumbs: Got a couple things to do early today, so I better roll. Have a good 1.
same here Gunner.........they even brought it up during the Twins game!!!!!!!! good gawd!!!!!!! :crazy:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Glenn, wens kick off?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 90's. Made 97 yesterday on the slightly less than reliable ranch thermometer. 98 on the totally unreliable thermometer. Altered my plans, spending more time keeping livestock watered & cool as I could after picking string beans. Won't quit bearing and I'm dumb enough to keep picking them. Got the garbage out anyway then cleaned the gunk out from under the mower deck this a.m. A lot of it came off easily because it's been so dry and hot. Maybe pick up some sticks & apples, water the sheep then see how I feel. Auntie Mar Mar is coming up to get some beans and sweet corn so that might cause a delay right there. Mower's full of gas & lawn isn't going anywhere. It'll be there tomorrow morning.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... Welcome to labor day.... Brought to you by Unions!! :happy1:

So why am I working this morning?? :confused: :scratch: :rotflmao:  well then off to the Northland later!! :rocker; :dancinred:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My last 11 hour day today before going part time. Bittersweet

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Roony. Morning boys. 66 here and heading for high 80s today. It was a much nicer day in the skid steer yesterday. Heading back down there for a few hours this morning. I got all the clumps done in the CRP yesterday. The last one must have been close to 2 acres and thick. About it here. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 69 here and again heading to about 96 again..    yuk...  but made it this far so one more day will be doable!!   congrats roony!!!   have a good day all!!