Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5447199 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here and heading for 68 today. Nice looking deer stand Mark!  :happy1: We went for a ranger tootle yesterday. Then when we got back from there we went and did a little bar hopping.  Unfortunately on the way home a dang deer ran out and smacked into the side of the car. It might have been alright, but it must have gotten spun around. Because both of its back legs were broken between the knee and hooves. Guess there is a reason we have knives in all of our vehicles. I was able to dispatch the poor little thing. It was a fawn. It was terrible trying to watch it walk. More like drag it's back end. The eagles and ravens will have some fresh meat today I guess. I always feel bad when it happens. The car appears to be alright. We will need to look at it in the daylight today. Biscuits and gravy for breakfast this. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was 44 this morning and will be a nice day.  Too bad about the fawn JB.  Good thing you stopped and took care of it.  Sad deal but things happen.  Had another great fire last night.  Cooked hamburgers over it and turned out great.  May cut the dogs toenails this morning as we get ready for the Vikes.  Well the Gophers pounded East Michigan.  That Fleck must be one of the all time great college coaches.  Right Dutch?  LOLOL Think I will do some ribs today on the smoker.  Haven't done it for quite awhile.  Well you all enjoy your day.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 56 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Still have hay to unload after the rain delay yesterday. Went to The Willows last nite for our delayed anniversary. Food was good & we saw some friends we hadn't seen in a while. Drove the Stude which looked OK from 20' but was kinda dusty. While we were in the restaurant it drizzled a little so wiped the car down when I got home. It's ready to go for the cruise next Saturday for the most part. Think we'll be moving some sheep around today at some point. Nothing fun about that usually. For centuries, men & women have not worked well together when it involves livestock.       
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 51 here last I looked & 70 looks to be our high. I spent most of the AM in the boat yday & even kept 4 crappies early. Went back out after I got them cleaned & got pretty wet ~ 10 out on the lake. Had an overnight shower yday too, with just not quite a .25" total. Was out early again today but they didn't want to play very bad. :scratch: Go for a paper here soon & will go from there. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers.......the dawg and I got home about 11!!!!!! pretty much all is put away!!!!! fishin was great, except for the lake on Mercs side of 6!!! :doah: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
after catching up..........

congrats to the boobers and the dotch's on there wedding anniversarys!!!!!!!! :happybounce: :happybounce: :cheerleader:
s

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here and that is all we will get today. Says 50% chance of rain to. We could certainly use some. So the wife's Traverse does have a dent in the driver's side door after looking at it in the daylight. That will need to get fixed. We went and put up a ladder stand and checked on the other I had out there yet. Put out a couple cameras too. I might actually hunt for archery opener this weekend. About it here. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well trap shooting went OK yesterday. Headed to Little Falls today to pick up a bush mower with a friend. Should try to get boat out today or tomorrow. Have a great everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:

Ribs look great lps!!!!
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 50 here and going 70 again..  got the mowing done for another round...  other than that just a few little things got done yesterday...  did get a bike out yesterday for a short ride...  perfect day for that..   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is 52 here and 60 will be our high.  After not much chance of rain in the forecast we now have dark skies and chances of rain/drizzle today.  That would be a nice change of pace.  Started mowing the pasture on Sat so will do more of that if mother nature allows it.  Otherwise I will just take it easy today.  lol  Went for a nice boat ride with the wife and dogs after the dismal game yesterday.  That felt great.  You all have a good Monday. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.   A nice cool 55 here with just some sprinkles of rain.  They say we might get just a bit this afternoon.  Watching the ducks and geese sure is beginning to look like fall.   Then the eagles have been just crazy nuts the last couple days.  Fishing and fighting all day long.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 54 last I looked here & they're sayin we won't hit 60. I mowed on the south side of the cabin yday afternoon as it was pretty long & doesn't dry very well. Some more I can do there too, but we'll see. :scratch: Went out :fishing: early & had a few but let 'em go. No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 51 at choretime heading for a high around 70. Must've caught a stray shower last nite. Had .01" at the ranch in the gauge this a.m. Unloaded hay yesterday a.m. and then sorted sheep out after chores last nite. If there were two guys doing it, it would've been done weeks ago & we could've been on to something else.😔 Oh well, the wife takes off again tomorrow a.m. for another 10 days in MA. Poppy & I will be manning the fort. Still some yield checks to finish this week then see what kind of trouble we can get into.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. Nice sunrise this morning. Looks to be a warm day. Wife and daughter have errands to run in Mankato so I'm dog sitting.
      Busy weekend. Canning, cleared some brush, son-in-law worked on the new deck for the fur shed. Wife and daughter want the deck because they say it will be safer than the cinder blocks I use for steps now.
      Everyone stay safe. Have a good Patriot Day.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Fell over backwards and hurt my back. Been at ER for 4 hours now. I'm in pain and owly.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Fell over backwards and hurt my back. Been at ER for 4 hours now. I'm in pain and owly.

ouch!!   hope it's not too bad...   get better!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dat sucks roony. Hope it's not serious. Sounds like you could use some tincture... :coffee:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Broke back. Brace fitting in mkto next.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh NO!  Sorry to hear that.  Prayers for a full recovery. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Ty. I'm waiting impatiently to get discharged from ER so we can get to mkto. So much for this retirement bs.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't like the sound of that... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are supposed to ease into retirement slowly Roony.  Hope you heal fast. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that roony. You fell over backwards, I'll bet there's a back story to that...
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers........got a while 7 hours in......lotz of people gone today.....didnt start out to well, didnt hear my alarm but still got there by 5 am.

damn nabit Roony hope you heal fast..........and hope the warden leaves ya alone!!!!!!!! :happy1:

i need to put more green maters in jars...........tomorrows project. them most my maters with be done!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang Roony. We sure don't bounce like we used to when we were younger. Hope you heal quickly!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee wiz roony, sorry to hear it,  2nd week into not doing much and this happens. Get well..

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Say Glenn, those lakes on my side of six take a lot of talent to catch fish. We did good two weeks ago and going back up next week for one last fling. We always get limits on one of them and I think you know why.     :smiley:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Roony, so sorry to hear this. Do follow the doctor orders.
Getting old sucks but it's better than the alternative.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Say Glenn, those lakes on my side of six take a lot of talent to catch fish. We did good two weeks ago and going back up next week for one last fling. We always get limits on one of them and I think you know why.     :smiley:
getting your limits of beer while being on the lake isn't what I count as a limit!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a good way to ease into retirement. You can’t even get sick pay.
Take it easy and heal up fast.