Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5445726 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here and everything is wet. But nothing in the rain gauge. Barry gets all the good rain.  :rotflmao: Will work on a couple things this morning and then plan to go sit for deer this evening. The wife will get to take out the sweet xbow we got from Barry.  :happy1: We will take some more practice shots with it later today. The wife has not shot it yet. Otherwise have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. .46" of rain at the ranch. Haven't been to town yet. Need to run the checkdown on the Stude shortly. Still haven't got anybody to let Poppy out at lunchtime so may have to punt on the anniversary after the car club extravaganza. That's OK. I've had plenty of people for a while. As someone said, the more people I meet the more I like dogs. Happy Birthday markn! Enjoy those ribs!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......... :happybday: Markn.......all the good guys b-days are in sept!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

got pretty far on my landscaping project yesterday, should finish today.......but kinda sore this morning!!!!!  :shocked: got some stuff stored away in the boat after i got that all cleaned up. was an enjoyable evening with the fire and refreshments!!!! think it'll be a repeat!!!!!!  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here and everything is wet. But nothing in the rain gauge. Barry gets all the good rain.  :rotflmao: Will work on a couple things this morning and then plan to go sit for deer this evening. The wife will get to take out the sweet xbow we got from Barry.  :happy1: We will take some more practice shots with it later today. The wife has not shot it yet. Otherwise have a good one boys.

IMPORTANT:  Tell her to keep her hand on that guard in front.  A buddy of mine came over and we were shooting it.  He let his finger stray up to the string area and when he shot he almost passed out it hurt so bad.  He ended up losing his nail of course.  I think it was his thumb.  I saw a guy on TV do that too. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 54 early here & it looks like 63 will be the high. We had a little light mist just before I came in from :fishing:. A bit breezy early but it settled down as it got light. Caught a few, the 1st 1 was a nice 1 :cool:, let 'em all go again today though. Got a few little things on my list, have to see how it goes. No more now, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

IMPORTANT:  Tell her to keep her hand on that guard in front.  A buddy of mine came over and we were shooting it.  He let his finger stray up to the string area and when he shot he almost passed out it hurt so bad.  He ended up losing his nail of course.  I think it was his thumb.  I saw a guy on TV do that too.
Yes sir. I have not forgotten you telling me that. Don't need that happening to her.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Finished my landscaping project. :happy1: but holy moley the amount of that landscape granite chips in that little area was insane. probably 3/4 of a 5 gallon pail full!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/16/23, 02:33:23 PM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like ya need more chips!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

OK it looks fine!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like ya need more chips!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

OK it looks fine!!!   :happy1:
:rotflmao: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 here and foggy...   heading towards 70 today..   maybe burn my brush pile today..   want a south wind..  need to spray the house down with tempo for the end of summer...   spiders are showing up...   asian bugs will be next...   have a good day all!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....was another good evening. couple grandkids came over and made smores over the fire. i tuckered out early so after they left i had enough.

do a few things today and take it easy. got most my summer stuff i wont need while snow is on the ground in the boat for storing away.

since Mike mentioned it sure havent had many asian beetles lately.  :scratch: they were in full force earlier this summer though. :confused: spiders........i got 3-4 pet spiders  :rotflmao: been lotz of flies so i swat them and throw them in there web then watch them devour them!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 48 here and heading for 65 today. Never did make it out bow hunting yesterday evening. We ended up taking a trip down to Beltrami forest and check our camping spot. Plan is to camp next weekend. Maybe I will make it out this evening. Only thing is we will have Mike's south wind. Which is not good for my stands. I also need to spray the buildings to for the bugs. Once they start combining the beans the Asian Beatles will show up. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 49 @ 1st peek & it's foggy here too. Went out early again & got a few :fish2:, but didn't bring any home. Probably go for a paper after the fog burns off. Pretty wet for my other ongoing projects now, so we'll see where the day leads me. :scratch: 'Bout it here, have a good day. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well after yesterday I believe trap shooting is officially done for me for the year. Small change of plans for today. My bride is coming with to Hubbard Co. and we're spending the night, coming home tomorrow. I see there's a package of 1" thick rib-eyes in the fridge so they should be alright on the charcoal grill tonight. Quick check on Craigslist and a few more things to toss in the truck and we're off. Have a great day all, I will. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 50 at choretime heading for a high around 70. Another beautimous day on tap. Got a little workout in during chores. Head count wasn't right in the ewe lamb pen. One apparently hopped over a panel overnite. Idiot. Always more hay and feed where she was. Cornered her after I fed everyone. She whacked her head open on a panel. Serves her right. Keep it up and she'll spend the winter in the garage, wrapped in little white packages. Cruise to the Faribault Woolen Mills yesterday was fun. Very interesting & highly recommended, one of only two woolen mills left in the US. The tour guide grew up in Hartland. One of the car club members owned the gas station & had the towing business there for many years. She remembered Pete pulling her out of the ditch in a snowstorm. Small world.

One of the octogenarians didn't make it yesterday and the other one who's the club secretary decided they had to go home to watch their daughter's dog afterwards.  :scratch: As a result we didn't have a meeting. After eating at Perkins, I hit the anniversary. Neat venue, old apple orchard building with limestone brick walls. Saw lotsa sheep friends there. Had a beer & some wonderful homemade cheesecake for dessert. Gorgeous day to be out cruising in the Stude!     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  53 and still foggy here.  It is getting brighter out so won't last much longer.  Had a great fire last night.  At halftime of the Gophers game I decided a fire sounded like more fun than the game.  We did listen on the Iphone.  Went to the Falls shopping in the morning.  The new grocery store will be open on Nov 1.  Gonna be huge.  Curious to see it.  It is the old Kmart store completely remodeled.  Bad news Mike.  Those $1.99 Swift brand bacon wrapped pork loins are no longer available.  The meat guy said they stopped making them.  Darn, we really liked them.  Quick easy meal.  May have to make our own and freeze them.  Not sure what trouble I will get into today.  Mayhaps we will Glenn the garden.  lol  Need to pull the onions anyways and we have enough tomatoes.  Everything else is already pulled.  Still having coffee so everything else can wait.  Later boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I'll have you know I still have carrots, kalahrabi and 7 tomato plants in the garden.  :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glenn could have a heyday pulling stuff up in the garden here. Was wondering when that grocery store was set to open Barry. Wonder if they'll have a liquor store attached like they did before or just leave that were it is. Sounds like they'll no longer have gas when we stopped back in July. Not sure I like the idea of trying to learn a new grocery store. Bill & I were just starting to figure out where everything was in the old one...:doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They just got done removing the pumps and had the holes filled up yesterday.  They liquor store will also be open then and yes it will be in the new store too.  Looks like 2 entrances at the new store.  Great prices on liquor there so hope it still is in the new store.  The liquor companies come and restock the new store and pick up the stuff in the old store.  They will all be helping the lady I talked to said.  Menards owns the whole building they are in now and she wasn't sure what would happen to the existing building. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, your project looks like fine, but where does it come from or go to??  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, your project looks like fine, but where does it come from or go to??  :rotflmao:
i got tired of never being able to get grass to grow there!!!!!!!! :confused: kinda high traffic spot too!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  72 at home. Been at the lake fir a few days and couldn't pull up this place for some reason so I'll have to do some back reading when I gots time. Grass is cut and some brats are swimming in some beer as we speak.  Best run....See ya!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 48 to start and heading for 72. The project I had planned on doing yesterday got put on the back burner when our dryer suddenly stopped and started smoking. The pulley on the belt tensioner has been making noise for awhile. So I thought maybe it was that. Nope. Tuna out the circuit board fried. Soldered in a jumper and that worked for about 10 minutes and did it again. Thinking maybe the wire was to small. May try. Heavier jumper. Not sure what to think yet. Wife thinks it is time to break the bank and get new washer and dryer of course. Well, just getting ready to head back to the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, always some thing JB...   got my brush pile burned up and and all cleaned up..  that south breeze turned to the NW too!!!   go figure...   got the house, garage and sheds all sprayed down with tempo..  and seen asian beetles flying around too..  dang things!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  44 here and lots of dew on the grass.  The ol Ford is pretty full so off to the landfill today.  Need to talk to the guys there too.  Then maybe I will do some mowing.  Until then just enjoying coffee.  Have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 50 last I looked here & we're headed for 72. A pretty good SE breeze early too. Went out early again & got a couple but I think my shallow bite is about done. :pouty: A lot of the weeds I'm bringing up now are mostly brown. I mowed a little yday after things finally dried & can do more of that again today too.  There's a couple things down at the dock too. No more now, have a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Need to start the push to finalize all the yield checks this week. Haven't been in a huge hurry as doing it too early doesn't allow for assessment of stalk quality. A few more fields of early corn being harvested but the grain in most fields is pretty wet yet. Soybeans are turning & the leaves seem especially yellow this fall. Coupled with the trees showing some hints of color here and there the landscape says it's fall. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........done at the store for the day!!!!!! sometimes the drama is a bit funny.....of course its second hand but who i hear it from is pretty reliable!!! its a 2 day a week part time friggin job...........shees!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:

a quick run to the DMV to transfer a boat title  then get things organized and loaded in the truck to make horseradish tomorrow, on my 66th b-day!!!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so....i got the boat from my stepdad transferred! :happy1: was pretty easy, the gal was really nice, and kinda  :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

i had stopped a few weeks ago to get info on what i needed......she appreciated doing my homework. since it was registered in Wi it took a bit.

but sheez, with all this stuff from mom to my brother and i its kinda baffling. i'm now owner or coowner of 5 boats and 4 4 wheelers....you can only use one at a time!!!!!!!!1 :crazy: :bonk:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
*cough* Inger *cough*