Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5443800 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, thunder and lightning in the area with some rain...  69 and heading to 89 again... AC went on here last night, wanted to get some sleep!!!  finished mowing the lawn yesterday and did a few other things..  leave here about 330 today for my son's place..  what fun!!   have a good day!!!
your procedure today or tomorrow??

be at the hospital at 8am tomorrow...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You'll do good Mike! Looks like a fine time Dotch! You ever net any of them shiners lps? We get into em pretty good just before memorial weekend but there's a few to be had around opener. They sure are the ticket when you can gettem.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope all goes good for you, Mike.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to you Mike.  All will be fine. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Good luck today Mike!!! 60 to start out and heading for 80 today. It was a toasty one again yesterday. But it sure dried the clothes nice out on the line. The grass needs cutting, but it was to hot for me yesterday. Instead I vacuumed asian beetles all evening long in the mud room.  :angry2: I hate them things. Need to get the buildings sprayed. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Yard got cut yesterday. It was a dirty one. Shower felt great. Need to get trailer unloaded and lumber put away today along with bringing the golf cart to the BIL's and toss it in his garage for the Winter. Have a great day all. later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......2nd what JB said........good luck Mike......  :happy1:

busy day today.  sold moms car last night for the asking price.$12000.00. didnt even haggle!!!!! brother and i know the guy well and he new pretty much how mom used the car!!!!!today the auctioneers come in. be interesting to watch them!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  63 here and another 83 ish day today.  I too put off mowing again yesterday.  I will get er done this morning after the dew is dried up.  Looks like a nice morning with a slight breeze.  Getting easier to see into the woods with the leaves that have fallen.  Our maples in the yard are still green so we may have some color yet.  The ones in the pasture are colored. Better get my work done before the heat hits.  High of 59 tomorrow and 50 on Sat.  We are already planning a fire on Fri and or Sat and sleeping in the camper.  Will be great weather for it.  Well have a good one.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
PS:  Good luck Mike.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 67 here early & we'll hit 82 later. The electricians were here by ~ 10 yday & we now have power in the new shed. :cool: They will be back though as there's a couple little things to finish. It was pretty dry early yday so I jumped on the mower & finished just about all of that before lunch. :happy1: Have a small list for today to get me going. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 67 here early & we'll hit 82 later. The electricians were here by ~ 10 yday & we now have power in the new shed. :cool: They will be back though as there's a couple little things to finish. It was pretty dry early yday so I jumped on the mower & finished just about all of that before lunch. :happy1: Have a small list for today to get me going. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
hey Gunner.....do those guys charge extra when you and your brother are pretending to supervise!!!!!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:           :doah: :evil: :evil: :mooning: :mooning:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :pouty: :tut: I waived to him when he 1st got here but neither of us even talked to him yday.:mooning:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Rain moving in overnite along with a cooldown. It's time. Enough of that 90 degree stuff for one year. Light dew this a.m. so it's quiet today with everyone combining. Rain overnite tonite could slow things down. Along with rain chances increased for Friday & cooler temps Saturday, it might be Sunday before combines get going again on beans anyway. Should mow some tonite in front of the house at the ranch. I'd sprayed it with the dab of leftover Milestone I used on the pasture. Was letting the herbicide work for 4 or 5 days. Poppy's favorite area to poop & pee but doesn't like the long grass tickling her underside. Not a problem except she uses little discretion when it comes to pooping if you don't keep that area mowed. Never know where or when you might step on a land mine. 

Good luck mikey!
« Last Edit: October 10/03/23, 10:15:57 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That nice breeze turned into a howling wind by the time I got mowing.  Really dry out now with that wind.  The leaves are blowing to Canada today.  The rain will be nice so I hope it shows up.  Getting hot now too.
« Last Edit: October 10/03/23, 11:54:58 AM by LPS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 and raining here. .2" in the gauge so far. Looks like we are supposed to drop to the mid 50s as the day goes on. We certainly need the rain. Rained enough yesterday that I couldn't cut grass. So I will cut the hay field this weekend. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 59 here & that'll be our high today. It was raining hard here about 2:30 & it looks like there's 1" in 1 gauge. We got door openers on the new shed yday, it was scheduled for next week but they had a job get cancelled, so they called & came out yday afternoon. Shopping day here so we're headed to town in a bit. No more now, have a great day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 59 here and that is pretty much the high for the day.  We have 1/2" in the  gauge.   Looks like it will stay wet for awhile and then clear off later today.  So looks like a relaxing type of day for me.   :happy1: :happy1:  Looking forward to the Twins game today.  Have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........rained here overnight too.....not sure how much as i havent been out yet. nice and cool out!!!!! :happy1:

up at moms yesterday with the auctioneers....... when they cleaned out the big shed they took some lumber. i started taking some out to take. there must of been several million asian beetle backs/shells piled in-between that wood!!!!  :surrender:

brother left for the cabin this morning, i have to go up there today and tomorrow to do a few things, but my fun meter is about filled up with that. dropping the keys off thursday, for the last time.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! We got .3" last night. Going to start fermenting peppers for pepper sauce and probably pick the last tomatoes today.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like it all went well Glenn.  That is great.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like it all went well Glenn.  That is great.
yea.....its like all to good to be true!!!!!!!!! but its been taxing to say the least.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just an update on ole Mikey. he texted boober and i yesterday afternoon, the surgery went well, he was in recovery. 2 stents!!!!!!

that should get his blood circulating!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: he'll be chasing cougars in no time!!!!!! :rolleyes: :super smiley: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great news.  I was wondering about how he was doing.  Thanks

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. .19" of rain in the overnite at the ranch & .35" in Bugtussle. Enough rain so that soybean combining came to a screeching halt. Overcast so far today so not drying very fast. Suspect there may not be enough time to dry out before the dew comes on tonite so may be tomorrow before they get back at it. That's OK. Were plenty of breakdowns. As cranky as these guys get when they break down, they get just as cranky after several days of good going & need a break. They should all have to deal with livestock. Then they could be cranky the whole year round rather than a few months out of the year! Speaking of that, I got Poppy's potty area mowed in front of the house last nite after chores. She was out there pooping to her little heart's content shortly thereafter.  :coffee:

Thanks glenn for the heads up on mikey. Should probably mail him something too when I head to the PO.🏤     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!!   got home about 8am this morning...   as Glenn said 2 stints!!!  were only talking one..   they showed me before and after pics of the veins!!!  huge difference!!!  they also tested my feet for a pulse before hand, hard to not found...   after wards holy moly did the oulse pick up!!!  to early to tell how much help it will do but I'm thinking lots!!!!!  sure hope so any way!!!   hardest seemed to laying on my back for 6 hours almost!!!  during the surgery was fine and I was awake too!!!  but the 4 plus hours afterwards seemed like more!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  those stints are interesting, they showed me what all happens.. I always thought the ballon stayed in ya, nope..   that holds the stint until it's opened up and release's the stint to expand..  feeling good too!!!   and thanks for all the wells wishes!!!   means a whole butch to me!!!    and it was fun being with kids and grandkids...   have a good day all!!!   again thanks!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:  too Funny Dotch!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear Mike.  Good to hear from you.  So do they give you a muscle relaxer or something to make it easier to just lay there?

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds Great Mike! Tell them vultures to find another place to hover over.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear Mike.  Good to hear from you.  So do they give you a muscle relaxer or something to make it easier to just lay there?

all I got was the stuff to numb my incision area and a little extra in the IV...   not sure what or how much...   reminded of back when they did not put you under for coloscopy like they do now...     

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

no stool softeners were harmed either!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: