Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5443539 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It was a cold windy and rainy day on Friday, but we went out fishing anyway. Fishing was really good and we boated many crappies. It's odd to put on more clothes to go fishing in a boat than I would have put on for ice fishing or sitting in a deer stand. Although it was colder on Saturday, the wind laid down a bit and the sun peeked out once in a while. We fished a lake attached to the north end of Cass Lake. It felt really good to get in the cabin after fishing.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, I got back from a fishing trip about 4 hours ago and I'm now starting to pack my hunting stuff to go deer hunting tomorrow. Good grief, can't a guy get any rest.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
 :violin: :violin: :violin:

Oh... and g'luck.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 46 here and heading for 51 it says. Strong wind out of the north this morning. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and might see 53 today..   it was a nice afternoon yesterday..  did a few things outside and enjoyed that..  not sure what I have going today..   I'll figure that out as the day goes along...  have a good day all!!!     
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to get booster shot at 9:00 this morning. then spend time in garage until HS trapshooting this afternoon. Should get that trailer full of garage "stuff" out of house garage before the Mrs. gets mad. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 36 for us & we might see 52 today. Got most of my leaves mulched early yday, put away a couple things from my seed project as well. We'll be heading back south in about a month so there's plenty to do. Nothing really lined up for today here either yet. No more now, have a good 1.   
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  34 here now.  Headed to low 50's.  About 10 days of 70 would feel good.  No big plans today and that is ok with me.  The Vikes let us down again.  The Twins looked great.  That is a positive anyways.  Well have a good one.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Got lots done yesterday. Skidsteer fired up so aired the flare box tire up & fished it out of the lot, fixed the extension on the gravity box so someone doesn't grab it, fall, & break their neck, picked up all the white pine cones (decorative purposes) & cleaned up the apple tree mess. After the guy got the flare box & some produce, I mowed the main yard & El Capitan. For an encore before dark, I picked the jalapenos so glenn can yank them out. Today's slate is less involved. No bank or PO to worry about today. Replace a tire on a trailer or at least drop the rim off so they can do it whenever they can get at it. Get a couple cans of gas to finish mowing & soil sample our neighbor's field later this afternoon. Take along a partial bucket of corn so I can feed our sheep in their pasture, come home, do chores & call it good. Outside. Still have a column to write after chores. A woman's work is never done... :pouty:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the reminder Dotch.  Happy Columbus Day!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........done at the store. hope its as fast thursday.........got a date with some fish, grouse, and beer. AND NO!!! :tut: no Inger!!!!!!! :tut:

when i looked had 34. then thought crap i left tomatoes out.  went out to put them in the garage, checked the windshield and was just wet........when i left for the store it was froze?// :doofus:  l ike Mike said........i'll figure out something to do today.....even a nap!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Despite my fractured spine the warden and I stuck with our plans to go to my brothers place south of Grand Rapids for a few days. I even fished a bit. We got a few eyes between 19 and 21 inches. This trip was just what I needed. I was wondering if I'd ever get any better but I think this old man is going to heal.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Despite my fractured spine the warden and I stuck with our plans to go to my brothers place south of Grand Rapids for a few days. I even fished a bit. We got a few eyes between 19 and 21 inches. This trip was just what I needed. I was wondering if I'd ever get any better but I think this old man is going to heal.
good to hear sir!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

2nd that!!!   been wondering!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear that Roony.  My back hurts most of the time.  Just went for a walkabout the place.  Better for me than hopping in the Ranger.  Way too windy to fish today.  It is howling here. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

2nd that!!!   been wondering!!!
That is great to hear!!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear that Roony.  My back hurts most of the time.  Just went for a walkabout the place.  Better for me than hopping in the Ranger.  Way too windy to fish today.  It is howling here.
my back hurts all the time to from caring the weight of...........er never mind!!!!!!!!! :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LPS...did you have a back injury years ago that lead to this???????? or is it arthritis???? i jumped out of my boat once in the garage and did something to my back......they gave me a shot and swore i never do it again. i waited 12 years to get it fixed and have been happy since. sometimes i thnik i may feel like arthritis setting in.  :scratch: :doah:

about 2-3 times a week i'll lay onthe living room floor on my back......man that feels good. straightens it right out!!!!1

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes and Yes.  I had a ruptured disc repaired 30 years ago.  Was a complete success.  Now my hip hurts worse than my back.  Remember it is from when I tore a muscle in my ass whilst roof raking?  They said it would heal and to keep walking every day.  I think I should have sat for weeks to let it heal first.  Any ways it really bugs me. I have always been real athletic and go go go.  Now the back is hurting too from lifting too much and abusing my body overworking.  It does catch up with a guy.  I try to walk more and it does help.  I was at a therapist here in town that my Dr. thought I should see.  I told him about my back surgery that long ago and he says "still ok this long after?"    ???  What a lack of confidence to instill in me.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Anyways, I have good days and not as good days but I try to keep on raising heck.  LOL  It's a little hard to do a good ass wipe for awhile isn't it Roony?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  TMI  I know.  Life is damn good and don't forget it! 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The warden is no help in that department.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
PS:  The other yes.  Yes I got a 1" thick roll up pad.  I should lay on it every day but I don't.  When I am really hurting I come in when done overdoing it and I lay on it.  It may take me what seems like 5 minutes before I can lay completely flat.  Hurts so I have to raise my legs at the knee and work into it slowly.  Then it feels great.   You are right I need to do it more often.  I try to improve my posture too.  I have to work at standing up straight and I like that my wife keeps saying "stand up straight" to me.  LOL 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One more then I will shut up.  Like I have told you guys I got costisone shots, 2 in the back and 1 in the hip area.  Been doing it for years and still works great for me.  The last time I said I sure feel tired and just out of energy lately.  Gave me no shots that day.  Did do blood tests.  My cortisol which your body makes was real low. From having so many cortisone shots my body slowed down on making its own cortisol.  Hence the out of energy etc.  I will do another blood test soon to see how it is now.  I am sure it is just temporary.  I am usually mr. healthy so unreal.  It is called Addison's disease but like I said it is temporary and from the shots.  Ok cocktail time  PS:  I am sure some arthritis is there too.
« Last Edit: October 10/10/23, 07:17:35 AM by LPS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 here and heading for 50 today. Strong north wind yet. All this back talk I have a soar back now. Lol, actually it is soar from raking last night. The raking motion seems to get me every time. Not much else here otherwise. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   Woke up to 26 here in the north country this morning while heading to the garage.   First stop in the door was the thermostat!!!   Have to say that furnace is feeling pretty good right now.   Supposedly heading for 52 today but the wind is not supposed to be blowing as hard as yesterdays.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here and might see 53 today..  I hear ya JB on raking..   but it has to be done...  got some pine needles to rake up too...  good fire starter for sure!!   got a few things to do today but nothing pressing..   have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here and headed to 50 with a breeze.  Not a very nice day.  Man the dogs are just wound up this morning.  Jake won't leave Cooper alone.  The wife just got back from a walk down the driveway and they even got her tangled up and knocked her down.  Noone got hurt thankfully. May not be a lot going on here today.  You all have a good one.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Mornin.....29 here this morning. Roof tops and lawns are white. Gonna wait till it warms up to do anything outside.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 39 on my 1st trip out to the garage & I'm seeing 52 for the high. The flag is already moving again but nothin like yday, NW ~ 5 today, according to the hourly. I mowed between here & the new shed yday, there's bit more of that to do too. Started putting up some OSB on the walls of the new shed early yday as well. Probably do a couple more sheets today as well. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
No shots yesterday, it was a holiday. So corvid shot at 9:00 and eye dr. at 10:30 after that a stop at the licker store and then head to Hubbard Co. for a couple days of chasing grouse and walleyes. I did get my North wall done in garage yesterday so that part of the whole project is completed. Pictures soon. Now I need to get a LP tank and a furnace hung up and running. Got to get going, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Here you go. The picture with the Kubota was how I put 3’x16’ shelves back up by myself. :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice job Mark. 28 here this morning. Beautiful start to the day.