Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5439515 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know if I mentioned this or not.  A few days ago I checked the temp of the river and it was 39 my dock.  The ground temp was 38. It won't take much to skim it over.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 9 here this morning and hope to see the upper 20's today..   it sure didn't get as warm as predicted yesterday...   oh well..  wonder how many gained weight yesterday??   I think I did!!   have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 14 here & hopin to see 32 later. Heard of some windchills below zero not too far away & the wind's not that bad yet. We were 1 short yday as Sis's youngest stayed home because she tested positive for Covid earlier this week. We made it back to town just as the sun was going down yday. No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 9 above here and heading for 29 today.  Stuffed the polish sausage and Sheboygan summer sausage yesterday. Got the polish smoked and in bed about midnight last night. Back up at 5ish this morning. The Sheboygan was in the smoker and rolling shortly after 6. That will be in there until late tonight. While that is smoking I will sight in my smoke pole and go get my license. The deer have been dancing in front of one of my cameras just about every day this week.bim sure they will be gone tomorrow. Also need to put a little wood in the woodshed too. Going to make some homemade turkey soup for supper to. But first things first. I think I may take a nap. Right Glenn?😄 Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 14 now going fer 30 they say, bet those sausages will be tasty jb! Yesterday was fun, the kids n pooches were here most the day, we capped the night with a fire and movies. Not much going on today, we couldn't do our annual black Friday pheasant hunt cuz the kid is working sooo I'll just do the mess around here all day. The Xmas lights are usually a 4 beer task so that'll eat up some afternoon.  See ya!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Slept in some and felt great.  Jake comes and wakes me up to have fun with him.  Had a fun day yesterday but we overdid the turkey and it got a little dry.  We still ate it and wasn't bad.  The peach pie was real good.  Dr appt this morning so looking forward to that.  Man JB.  You sound as bad as Dotch now with that list of things to do.  The sausage does sound great!  It is 8 here this morning.  Won't take long to make ice if this keeps up. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We did get a  swivel chair in the new box stand yesterday along with the mount for the dish on the schoolhouse installed. Today’s projects are to bring my two person ladder stand out of the woods and cut down at least three trees, maybe more.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 8 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. Got the pumpkins dumped in pasture yesterday after Poppy woke up from doing her glenn impression. Took the day off so I can get some odd jobs on the list done, including put straw bales on the well pit, thawing & cleaning the water tank in the main barn, move some hay feeders, & whatever else might get in my way. There's been a Corgi sleeping on me so once she's  done with that, the games can begin. Oops! She's awake. Gotta run! :coffee:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/24/23, 10:29:46 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Evening fellas.. made it home. Yep the dawg missed me. :happy1: :rotflmao:

AND ,by the way I'm having a deer cleaning gathering Saturday and Sunday.... ALL ARE WELCOME.  :sleazy: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening fellas.. made it home. Yep the dawg missed me. :happy1: :rotflmao:

AND ,by the way I'm having a deer cleaning gathering Saturday and Sunday.... ALL ARE WELCOME.  :sleazy: :happy1:

so what's the pay!!  I'd want union wages!!!  plus bennies!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
beer and doritos!!!!!!!1 :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sorry Glenn I'll have to pass on the that offer!!  20 this morning and going for 28 again today..  got a few things I want to do today..  always something..   have a good day all..

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 22 here & shooting for 32 again. Quite a few had the day off around here the way it looked, as the parking lot was full when I went to HH. Lots of football on the TVs. A couple things on my list early today too. Hopin your Saturday's a good day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........got a busy day today.....and tomorrow....cleaning up deer.........oh what a problem!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mike...i could throw in some horseradish, smoked fish, pickled fish, pickled green maters and pickles!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

driving home last night going past the Albertville outlet mall........good gawd almighty was there a line of vehicles waiting to escape that mad house!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :crazy:

driving both to my brothers and back home.......my gawd was there ALOT of dead deer on 94 and 29 in wisconsin.  :pouty: think there was more dead along the hiways then whats alive in northern Minnesota!!!! :doah: 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum peoples 22 headin for low 30's. No wonder you need help cleaning deer, all that stopping for carcasses you musta had a trailer full!! :rotflmao: Speaking of deer my pre lit ones don't work no mo, soo I'll hafta go look for some new ones shortly,  gots to get more bird food anyway.  Best run...See ya!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 11 here and may hit 34.  It is sunny and  clear and a slight breeze.  The river is froze over.  May be a little open water on the Canada side but not much.  Well my Dr visit went well I guess.  Did xrays and I am on a high prednisone schedule for 25 days to lower inflammation.  Then hopefully will get an MRI so we can finally really see what it going on.  Shouldn't have to worry about these things in early early middle age.   :confused:  Well the coffee tastes good this morning. No big plans other than I am supposed to take it easy.  No chain sawing or anything strenuous.  That sounds like a fun deal but it's not for long when something needs to get done. I am the one to get er done.  We shall see.  Well you all have a great day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum peoples 22 headin for low 30's. No wonder you need help cleaning deer, all that stopping for carcasses you musta had a trailer full!! :rotflmao: Speaking of deer my pre lit ones don't work no mo, soo I'll hafta go look for some new ones shortly,  gots to get more bird food anyway.  Best run...See ya!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is a pre lit deer Bobb?  Is that a medical marijuana thing?  LOLOL

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is a pre lit deer Bobb?  Is that a medical marijuana thing?  LOLOL
That be cool, close yard Xmas ornaments..lol.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 16 here and heading for 30ish. I decided to stay in bed this morning instead of hunting. Didn't get to bed early enough. Figured better to get the breakfast sausage ground and mixed up this morning and then go hunting this afternoon. So it will be a busy morning. I finished smoking the summer sausage around 9 last night. That is ready to be vacuumed packed. Oh ya we have a new vacuum packer. It is the 15" Cabela's commercial one. It was on sale for $350 and then the they had a promo code which took another $52 off. And after using my earned cabela bucks it cost me $80. So we shall see how that works today. About it here have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice vac packer JB.   Man you will have a lot of great sausage. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's the one I have

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
my gawd was there ALOT of dead deer on 94 and 29 in wisconsin.  think there was more dead along the hiways then whats alive in northern Minnesota!!!!
That was my impression of Wisconsin too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of a run to get birdseed and pre-lit deer...  the Fleet Farm parking lot was FULL yesterday morning at 4:30 am.  :crazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 20 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Yesterday, thawed & cleaned out a water tank, put bales on the well pit then stockpiled the manure from the small barn lot. Waiting for a guy to call/text about some straw but those guys on FB marketplace can be fickle. Got more small squares of hay lined up yesterday. Moving some feeders & troughs around, taking down the corn shock & pumpkins around it. Getting ready to bring the group of sheep back from the neighbor's pasture tomorrow. Bittersweet but at least it'll be a PITA... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  23 and light snow falling here this morning. Just a dusting on the ground.  Looking out over the lake and it looks like there is ice out a ways with this snow on top of it.  It will be a while yet.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The dogs and wife stole all of the covers to I got up to make coffee for a change.  I thought I would be the first one to say Good Morning but Scenic beat me to it.  :happy1: It is 25 here and snowing lightly too.  The river never did open back up yesterday at least here by us.  That surprised me.  SO it was ready.  Only 28 for the high today and 19 for tomorrow so I think it is set for the winter.  I think I got the ol horse trailer sold yesterday.  A guy from Bemidji wants to pick it up next Sat.  I don't have the cash yet so not a done deal yet.  Another guy interested I think too.  I want it gone.  No big plans for the day other than football.  Not real exciting without Americas team the Vikes but still some good games.  Well you all have a good one. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 22 here and might see 27 today..  I did put up my merger amount of Christmas decorations yesterday..  better than nothing I guess..  good for you selling the horse trailer Barry!!  if I get the cash today I just sold my small walk behind snow blower..  hasn't been used in years..  have a good day all!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......snow flurries here!! worked pretty steady on deer yesterday........took a short break cause i wanted to get the leaves cleaned up the final time.thats till my electric blower took a crap!! :confused: so an electric and gas blower took a dump on me this year, gonna get me a battery operated dewalt probably monday to finish up.

hopefully get the deer finished up today. so far got 36 lbs of trimmings and more to do.
got some trimmings to clean up. 1 front shoulder and 2 hind 1/4s left. so ..the plan is take some to Plantenberg's and have ring bologna and hot dogs. the rest to Mcdonalds in clear lake and have summer sausage and pepper sticks made!!!

well, best get to it.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 22 here & hoping for 33. The ground is white here, it started late afternoon, maybe 1". We're headed back to Des Moines today & will get a room as his cataract surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I see they had plows out early brining & salting down there, so I'll check 511 again about 11 or so. 'Bout it here, have a good day.