Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5438801 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
good luck to your brother bud!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck to your brother Gunner!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Thanks guys!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to your brudder Gunner!!

Morning boys. 25 here and the wind is whipping. Keeping the lake open. That's a good thing. The previous couple of mornings the lake has had ice on it. But the wind comes up and blows it open again. That's good. The resorts don't need any head start. We ground and mixed a 100 lbs of breakfast sausage yesterday. I went out hunting in the afternoon and didn't see anything. Got to use the new vacuum packer. It works great. Only complaint is the cutter for the bags. Kind of tricky to make it work properly. So going to make biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Then give the sausage another mix and then fine grind and bag. Coffee is ready. Better get at it. Also need to cut firewood and load woodshed today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I did it now. All done working for the man. I went in today and it just didn't feel right. Not just my spine.
FREE AT LAST.
I'll keep busy in the shop.
Feels right.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats Roony!!!   :Clap: :toast:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 16 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Looks like it's about there. One inch of snow officially. What an eventful morning. Went to get a hayrack with about 115 cornstalk bales on it ~ 4 - 5 miles away.  Knew of the guy but never had any dealings with him. His dad was legendary at finding ways to screw people so was a little apprehensive. Told the guy I had a pin but he said I trust you and hooked the wagon up. Roads were slick so wasn't able to go more than about 15 - 20 mph. Got heading up a hill and felt the wagon suddenly let go from the pickup, then saw it start rolling back down the hill in the rearview mirror. It rolled into the ditch and made a soft landing on its side, dumping all the bales off the rack. Well $hit...

Drove back to the guy's place and he said ya, he shoulda put a hairpin in the hitch pin but didn't think it would come out. He said not to worry, he had another rack so we went back & reloaded the bales. Miraculously, nothing broken on the rack in the ditch & only 1 bale with 1 broken string. Sorta chopped a couple hours out of my day but at least I got it home. Once I got there, had to unhook from the pickup as it was too slick to pull it up the hill into the yard. Tractor handled it no problem so at least it's where I can get at it and move it. The plan was I was to get it unloaded and stack it, then get the sheep from the neighbor's pasture afterwards. Since the guy didn't need the rack back right away, thinking I'll punt on unloading & focus on bringing sheep home. Old farts like me can only handle about so much fun in a day.  :coffee:

Good luck to your brother Gunner & congrats roony!  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: November 11/26/23, 12:54:00 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's too much Dotch.  Take a nap.  ROONY!!!   I congratulate you sir!   Good for you.  NOW if you don't want to do anything you don't have to.  Do it tomorrow.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home from deer camp. Seen three this morning but they spotted me and ran off. Seems I can’t hide behind trees anymore without them seeing me. Trees must of got smaller. Have a great day all, later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL.  I immediately thought of this...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening fellas.. kid came over this afternoon to help with deer. :happy1: sure helped as my fun meter was running out. :pouty: but it's done.  :happy1: good bunch of steaks, 64 lbs trimmings and 5 batches of jerky meat.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 16 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Looks like it's about there. One inch of snow officially. What an eventful morning. Went to get a hayrack with about 115 cornstalk bales on it ~ 4 - 5 miles away.  Knew of the guy but never had any dealings with him. His dad was legendary at finding ways to screw people so was a little apprehensive. Told the guy I had a pin but he said I trust you and hooked the wagon up. Roads were slick so wasn't able to go more than about 15 - 20 mph. Got heading up a hill and felt the wagon suddenly let go from the pickup, then saw it start rolling back down the hill in the rearview mirror. It rolled into the ditch and made a soft landing on its side, dumping all the bales off the rack. Well $hit...

Drove back to the guy's place and he said ya, he shoulda put a hairpin in the hitch pin but didn't think it would come out. He said not to worry, he had another rack so we went back & reloaded the bales. Miraculously, nothing broken on the rack in the ditch & only 1 bale with 1 broken string. Sorta chopped a couple hours out of my day but at least I got it home. Once I got there, had to unhook from the pickup as it was too slick to pull it up the hill into the yard. Tractor handled it no problem so at least it's where I can get at it and move it. The plan was I was to get it unloaded and stack it, then get the sheep from the neighbor's pasture afterwards. Since the guy didn't need the rack back right away, thinking I'll punt on unloading & focus on bringing sheep home. Old farts like me can only handle about so much fun in a day.  :coffee:

Good luck to your brother Gunner & congrats roony!  :happy1:
man you have all the fun! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Roony... Congrats!! :happy1: I highly recommend retirement. I'm sure the warden will love having you around all the time now!! :rolleyes: :surrender: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Roony. You have earned it!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 10 here an heading for 16 today. I don't hear the wind howling yet. So that is a positive. All the meat and sausage is all tucked away in the freezer. A bunch of wood is in the woodshed. I am getting ready to head to the salt mines. This will be the first full week in a month. I liked the other schedule better. But there is only so much PTO in my bank. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   We are sitting at 6 right now but that wind has not stopped. It's better than it was yesterday but still blowing a bit.  I can't tell if the lake locked up yet or not.  I actually hope it did not with the wind blowing.  But we cannot control Mother Nature. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 10 here and the wind is blowing out of the north.  It is snowing and the ground is white again.  I can still see grass sticking up but it is pretty long.  Don't let the dogs stay out too long in this temp.  Last week when it was 8 I called them in after a few minutes and Jakey was holding his back leg up.  He sure ran like heck to get to the house when I called him.  It is working as a good training aid for me so far.   :happy1: Not much going on today except some cooking.  The more I stay off my feet the better I feel and that is what the Doc said to do.  I did hobble out to grain Bucko yesterday and brush him but that is the limit.  I will start a fire in the garage this afternoon too.  I told the wife that we will be putting the fish house out on Sat and she said "you are not!".  She is the greatest. LOL  Be careful out on those roadways youse guys. 

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Morn'n everyone, 15 here this morning in Kellogg Ia.
We just had to get two inches of snow this weekend, if that wasnt bad enough we babysat 3 grandsons and their 200 pound St Bernard for 4 days, UGH!!
Now I need to borrow the neighbors tractor and manure spreader, if I trip over one of those frozen piles its gonna hurt!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 8 here and might see 17 they say and windy yet..   lots of the lake ice is gone..  oh well..  not much going on today..   I did get that small snow blower sold yesterday!!   at least someone will get some use out of it..   have a good day all!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I'll get some things put away today and the truck cleaned out. Tomorrow is going to be our last day to pick up hides. Going to pull all of our boxes. Hope to get my furnace done this week and the ceiling insulated. Time to get to it. later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 10 at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. Some flurries yesterday but nothing measurable. Got the sheep home from the neighbor's pasture yesterday late afternoon. Took two trips, one to haul the equipment, buckets, etc., home and another one to get the sheep. Wind was howling and everything fought me just like it had all morning. Told the wife when I got in the house from chores last nite I was gonna sit on my butt so that's what I did. Noshed on Thanksgiving leftovers then Poppy curled up and fell asleep by me. Thawed me out after a cold day of working outside. Guy who's replacing the basement windows called & said he wasn't coming today. Too cold for the mortar to set up properly today so he'll be there Wed. Having lunch today at some friends where my wife is decorating their house. Gal is a good cook so looking forward to it.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
late afternoon fellers........think all the fun i've had is catching up.  :pouty: i'll be lucky to get to halftime of the Vikings game.

had to go to st cloud to do some stuff. by tomorrow i'll be tossing my 16-17year old cell phone for a new one.............and dumping Verision for AT&T!!!!!!

slowly putting my hunting stuff away.......then get ice fishing stuff ready.......AND make damn sure my harpoon is good and sharp! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: RIGHT BOOBER!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been taking the 4 hour AARP refresher course.  I've done it before.  Good training but by the time I am done I am tired of it.  I will finish it tomorrow.  It is about 10 here and the snow has been sort of coming down most of the day. My chuck pot roast is ready too. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
late afternoon fellers........think all the fun i've had is catching up.  :pouty: i'll be lucky to get to halftime of the Vikings game.

had to go to st cloud to do some stuff. by tomorrow i'll be tossing my 16-17year old cell phone for a new one.............and dumping Verision for AT&T!!!!!!

slowly putting my hunting stuff away.......then get ice fishing stuff ready.......AND make damn sure my harpoon is good and sharp! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: RIGHT BOOBER!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hope you like have your calls recorded and being spayed on by AT&T. Just a story about them doing that. Then again I just figure the others haven't been caught doing it yet.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Who the heck has the time to show you how to answer a new phone???  :mooning: Hey, if harpooning is the only way you can catch fish.....you suck  :rotflmao: ;) just kidding,  hopefully it's a dieing breed since it's just old timers that have the want on looking down a big hole. No mo 1 mistake fish that way..lol.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Hope you like have your calls recorded and being spayed on by AT&T. Just a story about them doing that. Then again I just figure the others haven't been caught doing it yet.
igt nuttin to hide.........and if they spied on me........i feel sorry for them......Thye'd see all this!!!!! :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The way the queens are looking I may not make halftime either. 😫

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   Well our first below 0 night.  Now we are making ice for sure.  -2 right now and it is calm out.    Going to be a shop day for me today.

"had to go to st cloud to do some stuff. by tomorrow i'll be tossing my 16-17year old cell phone for a new one.............and dumping Verision for AT&T!!!!!!" 

I am not sure anyone can dislike Verizon more than me however I sure do NOT like AT&T.  Their service is so spotty.   I have a neighbor who has it and cannot use it in his house.   As much as I dislike Verizon I have it simply because nation wide they do have the best coverage.   Very seldom do I not have coverage even in parts of Canada.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 1 here this morning and heading for 32 today. We made it down to 0 I see. When I got home from work I walked out by the lake and it was ice as far as I could see. That's unfortunate. I was surprised with the wind still blowing.that it could freeze. I was hoping it would take a couple of weeks yet. Oh well. Can't control mother nature. What a sad game last night. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 7 this here this morning but could end up in the lower 30's today..   around here verizon seems like the best..  but I still have AT&T because at the house it was the only one for reception..  every where ya go it's different!!!   need to pick up some halls cough drops today, only have 2 left..  have a good day all!!