Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5438796 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 2 here & feels like -6, & we may make it to 29 later. Surgery went good, got there ~ 9:30, the appt was for 10:10 & was walking out by 1. Des Moines had 2" Saturday night but the roads were fine but the wind was wicked going both ways. A couple stops in Mason City & we were home by around 5. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was -1 here earlier but up to 8 now.  Brrr.  This ice is getting thicker now.  Looks like a crack in the ice running parallel to shore on the river.  I had AT&T and it just didn't work up here so switched to Verizon and have been very happy with it.  BUT that was 20 years ago.  When I first moved up here then I talked to a buddy in central MN a lot.  The first month he got his phone bill and it was about $400.  It was pinging on Canada whenever we talked.  I laughed my azz off till my phone bill came and it did the same thing.  They refunded it and I had to upgrade to a new phone with more settings and they solved the problem for me. Well I need to finish the driver course today, make a fire in the shop, and grain Bucko.  Kind of my program this time of year.  Wish the wife would have cleaned the dog nose prints off the windows in the Ol Ford before it got so cold.  LOL  I mentioned it to her but got no response.  Just a laugh from her.  Well you all have a great day.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 0 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. St. Olaf Lake was mostly ice covered when I went past a little bit ago except where the ducks & geese were keeping it open by the pubic access. Given the forecast it's likely the lake will open up again anyway. On tap for today, finish copy for the column then get mentally prepared to get more small squares of hay. The guy's coming to repair the basement windows tomorrow. I'll probably hang around home so I can unload them along with the cornstalk bales. Then I'll recover for a day and get more small square bales. Hoping that my back holds up. Was bothering about a month ago but it's hanging in there.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......10 degrees here....lovin hearing the lows up north!!!!!!!!! there is hope!!!!!!! got alot of things on my honey do list to get to......worse part its a self inflicted list!!!!!! :crazy:

we currently have verision......went to there store to check it out. first off i gotta pay for the phone over time...yea i got a discount but still.........and the guy was a friggin dickhead. my kid has AT&T and has no problems......phone is pretty much free after all the little benny,s...........and from my brothers and kids experience  they get good reception at the cabin and surrounding area. not to mention an upgraded phone with better Technolgy should help. i'll give them a try.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Once you start figuring it out you will love it.  You will never know all that it can do.  We just keep learning.  How anyone can think that far ahead to make a cell phone or a computer just blows my mind. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Once you start figuring it out you will love it.  You will never know all that it can do.  We just keep learning.  How anyone can think that far ahead to make a cell phone or a computer just blows my mind.
:rotflmao: yea that's my worst nightmare.........trying to figure out new technology!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :doofus:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I google how to do things on my phone.  Works great.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey JB, this is where I have gotten vac bags for my sealer..   seems like real decent prices over all!!   if there are any better prices out there I have not found them...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I google how to do things on my phone.  Works great.
:happy1: :happy1: i ay need to wear out google!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: yea that's my worst nightmare.........trying to figure out new technology!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :doofus:
:scratch: How's that printer doing? :sleazy: :evil:  Need new ink yet?  :nerd:   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: How's that printer doing? :sleazy: :evil:  Need new ink yet?  :nerd:   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: workin fine now!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So,..........................which 1 of the grandkids fixed it for you?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 11/28/23, 03:48:27 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey JB, this is where I have gotten vac bags for my sealer..   seems like real decent prices over all!!   if there are any better prices out there I have not found them...
Thanks Mike. Is there a link or something supposed to be there or am I missing something?  :scratch:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Mike. Is there a link or something supposed to be there or am I missing something?  :scratch:

yup and  sorry..

https://foodvacbags.com/

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank you kindly sir!  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am getting low on them too.  We use a lot of them.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they have rolls and bags!!   and a couple seasonings that are great!!!   the Badger blast is awesome!!! 

and they are super to deal with!!!   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
How is there shipping? Prices look good.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I may order soon from them too.  I will save their site.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
reasonable and sometimes free...   ask if they have first time customers get a break!!!   

I have ordered 3 or 4 times from them

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 26 here and heading for 36 today. I noticed that the ice shifted east yesterday and there was a couple hundred yards of open water. It will be interesting to see what happens with the warmer weather. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  Holding at 25 most of the night so hoping the lake is still locked up.   Got some of my stuff ready to go but I am not going to be in a hurry to get out there.  We have some de-boning to do today and then tomorrow it is time to start our big sausage making push. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here and should see 41 or so..  made it thru another day!!  not much going on today, so a just go with day I guess..  works for me anyway!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  21 here.  Gonna get into the mid to upper 30's the last I saw yesterday.  A buddy of mine is building a new 5 x 8 fish house so needs me to weld a tow bar for it this afternoon.  I will have the shop all heated up for that project.  Will be fun to see him.  He just had back surgery to snip a nerve so will talk about that.  Seems to be doing good.  Well later.  Have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, almost as warm now(21) as it got all day yday & we should see 43 later. :happy1: The wind has switched to the west & will go SW by noon today. Our 10-day has 1 35*, this Friday(12/1), day in it & everything else is upper-30's to mid-40's through 12/10. :cool: Nothin pressing on my list either. So back to my routine, have a great day.
« Last Edit: November 11/29/23, 07:20:08 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good morning from Kellogg !! 24 here this morning, much better than 4 yesterday !!
Headed for near 45 are what the weather terrorists are saying, I hope so, I am not ready for cold and snow, never am I guess.
Have a great day everyone!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the truck to pick up our hides is supposed to be here in an hour. We collected just under 600 total. Down from last year, about 10%. After that I may have to look at wood splitter and get that running, should be fun. Garage update, still no heat or insulation in the ceiling. Beer is getting chunky in the fridge and I'm getting more wound up about it. Yeah I know I should have done this sooner, but don't tell next week and be a no-show (and don't call either). Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Especially the no call part.   :angry2: