Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332945 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya, I have helped guys with them many times.  Didn't know they were called flare boxes but I can see it now.  Could pull them with a pickup full of corn if you drove slow.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Forgot about that part. Most of them didn't trail worth a crap over about 15 - 20 mph. We never had one but occasionally worked for someone who did. Butt cheeks were pinched pretty tight pulling the flare boxes down the road, watching them whip in the rearview mirror.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Back in my very younger days I loved helping my friend haul beans or corn to the Hardwick elevator.  In the exact flare box that you showed.  Was I suppose about 6 miles.  Very slow and that was a real challenge.  It is a real challenge to have to drive 15 or 20 mph.  Especially if you have a libation or two.  BUT that is why it was so fun.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 27 here & lookin for 36 later. Got all my stuff done yday :rolleyes: :smiley: so I'm not sure what I'll do today. ;D Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 23 here and heading for 26 it says. Some light snow coming down this morning. Supposed to snow and be windy today. Plan is to pull my small fish down to where we are fishing today. The neighbors pulled theirs down there on Thursday. I just took a portable. But with it getting windy today, it will be nice to have a hard side fish house. About it here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 here and that is about as high as it's going to get today...   some wind today too..   looks to me like an easy day and I'm ok with that...    have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  21 here and saying lite freezing rain till 10. Shadow is limping again,  .usually been to hard on him yesterday.  :confused: do some hunting again then a fire this afternoon. Met up with an IDO  guy at Reillys last night good dude.

In my travels yesterday,  seen a 5 gal pail on an approach and since ya can't ever have enough buckets picked it up. Full of used hydraulic oil. :confused: I'll use it for boy scout water to start fires.

2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 24 here and snowing.  We still have green grass as the snow hasn't added up yet.  Not very windy here yet. Not a lot going on today.  We need to think of something fun to cook later on.  Thinking a roast.  ???   Well we got the excercise bike yesterday.  The wife is looking at the directions.  LOL   All of the reviews said look at the Youtube video on how to assemble it.  We will.  You all have a good one.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Morning, campers. I grabbed a big mug of coffee, went outside, sat in a lawn chair and watched the sun come up. It made for a good day.
      We got just about all the current brush pile burned. I should stop and not go finding more to burn. I have lots more to clear, though.
      I hope everyone has a satisfying day.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 29 and she clouded up. Momma and I hit Cub and Costco yesterday,  both stores were a mess!! We picked up our grub for tomorrow night,  Ribeyes,  crab legs, scallops,  coconut shrimp and asparagus that'll get wrapped in bacon. I'll handle the grill, I'll have the kid do the scallops while Momma handles the legs. But first the kid and I might go chase Roosters one more time in the morning.  Bout my only project this morning is putting up another bird feeder, which I'll post in the other thread,  it's perty neat....See ya!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Monin!!! Cancled the newyears trip, wife was pretty uncomfetable, with all the news of late. No worries, just hate making plans and backin out. Even the deer are icefishing!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We got the kitchen in deer camp demo-ed and 8 out 11 cabinets installed yesterday. Using muscles I haven’t used in awhile I’m pretty stiff and sore. May have to have 5or 6 cans of “muscle relaxers “ tonight when we’re done. Pictures coming. Also the furnace is running in the garage now so I can quit whining about that. A balmy 53 degrees in there now. Company here, later… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 23 at choretime heading for a high around the freezing mark. Clouded up here after a sunny start. Got chores done, garbage hauled out, filled birdfeeders and got squared up with my neighbor while the wife & Poppy entertained his two boys. They had a blast but think I know why it seemed like my Dad was always outside doing chores when I was that age. Ground's still froze so I should unhook the tractor from the spreader before the weather changes its mind. Think I'll settle in for some serious football watching this afternoon & mull over what I'm gonna put on the grill tonite. Several options to choose from including brats, pork chops & tri-tip. Heading into the New Year, I've been focusing on my speed work and evasive maneuvers to avoid being cornered by the Mrs.... :coffee:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Cabinet job finished cept for a few cosmetic items. Here’s pictures for our viewing pleasure. One before pic and two after pictures. Snowing here, ground is white again. Later…. :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks like home now Mark.  Looks great. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks real nice Mark!!!   nice looking pooch too!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Beer fridge looks a little  small,  :scratch: now I know why you visit Craigslist list, looking for antlers. :sleazy: :mooning: :happy1:  :rotflmao:

Seriously... looks awesome   bud. :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
One project after another. You are one busy retired guy. Great job on the cabin.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 21 this morning and might see 27 today..   we will see!!  not much on the to do list for the last day of this year...  what king of a bang will this year end on???   we will know tomorrow!!!   have a good day all!!   and stay safe!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... about ready to head home. Hopefully roads are ok.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels Glenn.
Morning boys. 17 here and heading for 19 it says. White outside again. Think we got about 3 inches of snow yesterday. Sure got Windy too. Going to head out fishing soon. Next door neighbor is going to come with this morning since I have an empty seat. Hopefully the fish cooperates more than yesterday. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we have 30 & we might make it all the way up to 31 today. :scratch: Got a little snow too, maybe a 1/2", as the ground is white. NW wind ~ 20 as well. Got some clothes that are almost dry downstairs, so that is project #1. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  17 here and white.  I think 3" too.  Can kind of see grass in spots.  Well I like the excercise bike thing.  Real comfortable to just sit on and put a half mile in in a few minutes easily.  I will work up to more as I go.  Can even read a kindle with the holder on for it.  No big plans here neither.  I will get fire going in the garage for sure.  Maybe will bring Bucko out a bale.  My right ear is plugged to the wife has been putting drops in it so hope that kicks in soon. Watched that Dallas Detroit game last night. What a game.  Glad Dallas won.  You all have a good one.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Showing 19 this morning but the wind has not let up and is COLD.  We only got a trace of snow here.  Nothing really planned for the day but sure I will find enough to stay busy.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
27 here and it will maybe get up to 29 today. Just the lightest dusting of snow on the ground preceded by a little freezing drizzle. Might take the warden out for supper and then go someplace to watch the game. Direct TV thugs can't make a deal with channel 11. We are about ready to quit them.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 27 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's, maybe low 30's. About 1/2" of snow at the ranch. Melted out to .05" of liquid equivalent precip. Plenty of moisture considering the light amount of snow. Not a lot on the slate today. Put more bedding in the barns last nite so the critters were all happy and dry this morning. Poppy has been out doing zoomies in the snow. Absolutely loves playing in it. Usually wears her out so a nap is possible. Sounds like a plan to me. Ya this area is a TV wasteland roony. Can't get the Twins on Dish but the service on Direct from those I know wanting them to hook it up was nonexistent. Wouldn't return their calls.  Safe travels glenn! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the compliments everyone. Should have done it years ago, more floor space and a ton of room the “stuff” in the cabinets. We put all of the pans and things away yesterday and didn’t use a 1/4 of the room we have now. Today’s project is to get rid of the old shelves and cabinets. Have a great day everyone, later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn,
Don't worry about the extra room for stuff because as they say "the amount of stuff always expands to fill all available space"  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I can vouch for that. "My shed is waaaayyyy too big for all my stuff!" said no farmer ever... :coffee:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
I can vouch for that. "My shed is waaaayyyy too big for all my stuff!" said no farmer ever... :coffee:
Like the guy who said he has way too much hunting and fishing stuff? I would be more than willing to help him reduce his excess, at the right price.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.