Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332937 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 17 here now.  That is cold Glenn.  Good day to stay inside as much as possible.  Will go get a fire going and visit Bucko and pick up some dog doo.  That's about it for me today.  Got bread yesterday.  :-)  So good there.  A different kind of rye bread.  Will make great toast too.  Well have a good one.  I need more coffee. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well my furnace appears to have a bug in it where it wants to quit after running for awhile. It takes unplugging the 120v power and plugging it back to restart. This comes with a loud "whooof" when it lights off. Kinda nerve racking. Oh well that should keep me busy today trying to get to the bottom of it. Got to like "Good used" stuff. Wish I wasn't such a cheap azz sometimes. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! Started out at 25 during choretime & appears to have settled in about 30 for a high where it's still at. 1st meeting of the year out of the way. Still some of the same people attending the same meetings as 30 years ago. A few are the same blowhards who try to impress everyone by wasting time arguing w/only their sales pitch say-so to back it up. One speaker cut a loudmouth off at the knees when he tried to start an argument with a really stupid question. I thought everyone was going to applaud! :azn: Well best pull for home. Customers coming in tomorrow morning and almost choretime again. Ciao!         
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Afternoon comrades! Started out at 25 during choretime & appears to have settled in about 30 for a high where it's still at. 1st meeting of the year out of the way. Still some of the same people attending the same meetings as 30 years ago. A few are the same blowhards who try to impress everyone by wasting time arguing w/only their sales pitch say-so to back it up. One speaker cut a loudmouth off at the knees when he tried to start an argument with a really stupid question. I thought everyone was going to applaud! :azn: Well best pull for home. Customers coming in tomorrow morning and almost choretime again. Ciao!         
i dont know Dotch...how you handle all that fun and excitement every day!!!!!!! now wonder your hard on the boodles 6 days a week!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well my furnace appears to have a bug in it where it wants to quit after running for awhile. It takes unplugging the 120v power and plugging it back to restart. This comes with a loud "whooof" when it lights off. Kinda nerve racking. Oh well that should keep me busy today trying to get to the bottom of it. Got to like "Good used" stuff. Wish I wasn't such a cheap azz sometimes. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:

Sounds like it didn't exhaust gasses before it started up.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Could be a few things. On my boiler sometimes the gas valve sticks. I rap it a few times with a pliers and it starts working again.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 11 here and heading for 20 today. I pulled the heater out of my small fish house last night and brought it into the garage. Took it apart and cleaned up the thermal couple. Last weekend a couple of times the pilot went out. Maybe it went bad, but I figured I would try cleaning it first. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good idea JB!!  always worth a try...  got plenty done yesterday and some more today I guess...  someone finally went on the ice here yesterday..   with his wheeler too!!  drilled a couple holes and left...   not to be seen again...  maybe today...    have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is only 12 here.  May see mid 20's today.  Nothing big going on today and that is just the way I want it. I have a good book to read.  Will keep the fire going in the garage and that's about it.   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 26 here & on our way to 30. Nothin pressing on the schedule again today so it's just another wash, rinse, repeat kind of day here too. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking I will call someone to fix the furnace. Going to look at a newer pick up today too. Thinking I'll try a 3/4 ton this time around. 6.2L gasser. More coffee, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 24 & cloudy at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. Would be nice to see a little sun but doesn't look like much chance until about Sunday. Ya markn, no shame in calling a repairman. While I helped Dad work on furnaces in our rental properties 50 years ago, my days of monkeying with them other than some routine maintenance are long gone. Used to be pretty simple but with all the electronic stuff, memory boards, ignitors, etc., I leave it to the professionals anymore. Don't have the proper tools or training to be taking chances with something that has the potential to be deadly. Besides, I like to warm up when I come inside after chores! Seems the worst part these days is finding someone reliable who doesn't charge an arm and a leg. That and they keep retiring on me.  :doah:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning Fellers....... done at the store .....for a week!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: starting to see a trend of smaller loads now that the holidays and all the resort people are gone bye-bye!!!

yea i agree with you Dotch and Mark......i hate paying big money to have things fixed but nowadays the way things are i tend to let people who do it for a living fix it rather then have something bad happen or wrecked further.

JB......i always check my big buddy before it leaves the garage in the fall........been down the road where it didnt work, luckily i had an extra heater. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
morning Fellers....... done at the store .....for a week!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: starting to see a trend of smaller loads now that the holidays and all the resort people are gone bye-bye!!!

yea i agree with you Dotch and Mark......i hate paying big money to have things fixed but nowadays the way things are i tend to let people who do it for a living fix it rather then have something bad happen or wrecked further.

JB......i always check my big buddy before it leaves the garage in the fall........been down the road where it didnt work, luckily i had an extra heater.
Sad part was I ran the heater before I pulled it down on the lake. Oh well, it will get figured out sooner or later.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i've heard them darn things can be finnicky...... :confused: mine just took a Q-Tip and rubbing alcohol to clean out!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
THe one in my fish house is a Handi Heater from Strike Master. I have had it for awhile.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just got back from st cloud.......uffda that hurt. 60 bucks at the home of the !5% off all you can fit it the bag........that rips!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao:

$240.00 for 2 boats and 2 wheelers at the DMV. damn toys are spendy!!!! :shocked: iffin the gal that helped me wouldnt of had her rona mask on i bet she'd been pretty cute!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: really friendly too!!!

stopped at Luv's truck stop cause gas was 30 cents a gallon cheaper then cold spring. but what concerned me more was........ as i was filling up, there's this like party van parked aways away.  dont know what kind of stuff that goes on in Alexandria but pretty sure i now know why Mike and Mark go there!!!! :tut: :sleazy: :rotflmao: the van said MOBILE SHENANIGANS, Alexandria Mn. so filling up here comes a bunch of females going to that said van.......most dressed like hookers!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

so ????? Mike, Mark..........what gives> what aint you tellin us.......HUH!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Prolly on their way to Lookers in Carlos... :whistling:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 I had to Google it Glenn,  sounds like they are a transportation service for bridal parties,  Bachelorette parties,  weddings you name it. Shoulda asked em if they need an oil guy.....never know now!!  :happy1: ;) :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
On a Thursday afternoon  :confused: :doofus:

I'm waiting for an explanation from them other 2. :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
You’re not getting one. Just stay near cold spring and you’ll be fine. :sleazy: :sleazy:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You’re not getting one. Just stay near cold spring and you’ll be fine. :sleazy: :sleazy:

yup 2nd that!!!   you perv!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 19 here and heading for 26 today. Looks like chance of snow today. We had freezing drizzle last night around midnight when we started making our way to the ER. Yup, my good ole tachycardia went crazy just before 11. It started out at 175. It was pretty intense. Took my emergency pills and they didn't seem to be working. So off went. We just got thru Warroad and it finally normalized . Off to a great start to the New Year.  :angry2: Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn JB :doah:

Morning fellers.  Up and attem already.  Getting ready to load the trick and head north. Wasn't  impressed with hearing freezing drizzle   :angry2: :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 here and might see 31 today...  yes 511 is showing some color west and nw of here...  got a few things to do today and then who knows!!!  have a good day all..

JB hope ya get that ticker figured out!!!   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 22 for our start & they're sayin we'll hit 35 later. Be safe drivin, glenn, MnDOT has some color on it already. Nothin big planned again today, just wait & see what comes my way. Hopin your Friday's a good 1.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well best get going then. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:                ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: