Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332886 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Especially you JB.  Man I hope you can get that fixed.  That is a bad deal.  It's about 20 here. Should hit about 29 and we have a chance of 2-4" of snow from tonight till tomorrow night.  I will wait with the plow and take care of it all in one swoop.  Not a lot else going on.  I have some bills to deliver I see.  That will give me a direction to go.  You all have a good day.  TGIF

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 23 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Slight chance of some light snow this forenoon but haven't seen anything hitting the ground yet. One of those Sleepy Joe & Tampon Timmy government paperwork days. They gotta buy votes somehow. My friend the Boy Entomologist has been telling people when they ask when he's retiring, "As soon as possible." I agree 100%. Hope they can get yer ticker under control jb. Have friends with the same issue. After numerous ablation sessions, seems like they finally got the problem solved but it took a while.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Someday I hope. I have had 3 ablations and no-go so far. Just takes meds for it now. But can break thru that sometimes.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck jb, scary stuff.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That was great!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers... 25 when I looked abd maybe 2 inches of snow.  511 got some color to it. But I'm in no hurry.  About 15 miles to my secret lake. :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... 25 when I looked abd maybe 2 inches of snow.  511 got some color to it. But I'm in no hurry.  About 15 miles to my secret lake. :sleazy:
:scratch: Better keep a eye out for merc!!!  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 01/06/24, 08:01:43 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks like we got an inch or 2 of snow over night..  lots of color on the 511 map from here north...  so I guess cleaning up the side walk and other areas is on today..   28 here and that sounds like the high for today too..   have a good day all...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like we got 2 or 3" of snow.  Says it could snow more till tomorrow morning.  Very quiet and no wind yet.  24 degrees.  I took out some ham roasts and a pork shoulder roast and I am going to grind them up into burger today.  The less than stellar locker plant didn't do what I wanted when I got this half hog so now I have to do it.  The roasts are so big I can't get some of them into my big crock pot.  Will make some good burger I hope.  Other than that I guess maybe clean up the deck.  I may wait till tomorrow morning to plow this snow for the first plowing of the year.  See if we get any more.  Drive careful.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 26 with a light mist so there's some fog too. We're headed for 32, I hear. Another quiet day here, have a good day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: I'm still on my side of 6! :sleazy: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 01/06/24, 09:24:55 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 22 here and heading for 24 it says. Looked like about 4" of snow here. Still lightly snowing. I filled the wood stove and shoveled the side walks this morning. First order of business will be to fill the bird feeder then put the heater back in my fish house.  Then I want to get the little garage reorganized and so I can start parking my blazer inside. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: I'm still on my side of 6! :sleazy: :rolleyes:
Oh, I've got a pretty good idea where are.........................most of the time it's in Lala land. :nerd:   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning......22 here and going down today. Maybe an inch or a little more of snow overnight. Roads are icey.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :oops1: :sorry: I couldn't resist an opening like that!!!!!! :sleazy: :nerd:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I've got a real good idea where you really are as I think you let it slip a couple times when we went by it on our way up to visit LPS when he was camping in our area.  ;) :rolleyes: ;D

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :oops1: :sorry: I couldn't resist an opening like that!!!!!! :sleazy: :nerd:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I've got a real good idea where you really are as I think you let it slip a couple times when we went by it on our way up to visit LPS when he was camping in our area.  ;) :rolleyes: ;D
:tut: :rotflmao: nope. Ne er been o that one when it's ice covered. Been thinking about it. I don't know how many laps between my brother and I  made around that one and never even had a strike. :confused:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 25 at choretime heading for a high in the low-to-mid- 30's. 11 obituaries in the Albert's Leaf paper today so the Mrs. is off on a Saturday work session. Poppy & I are unsupervised. Fixed a faucet after breakfast so ready hit 'er hard outside now I'm done with coffee. Lotsa stuff to move around to make more room in the barn. Dumpster's empty so can toss a bunch of crap. Should work on the hay feeders outside too. Get them up out of the frozen mud and the sheep can slide the panels the way they're supposed to. Easier than me constantly forking the hay off the top of the bales every morning. Poppy & I got enough to do the way it is. If we get all that done, I see a potential nap in our future this afternoon.  :coffee:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
JB, I hope they get your situation sorted out and under control soon.
Yesterday I made my first 2024 trip to the land. Had a great time exploring and checking out the location for what will be my first box blind build. I walked the frozen deer trails in the swamp and believe I have selected the best possible location to ambush deer crossing this big swamp. I have most of the material for the build including the platform/base, framing wood, two of 4 sliding windows, door, roofing and stair material. Right now the only things I need to purchase are two windows (about $170) and 5 sheets of hardboard siding. I haven't decided on using Elevators or simply bolting the legs to the base of the stand. The base is an already constructed ramp made of green treated 2x6 with 1 1/4 inch deck boards. I will have to cut it down from 5X12 to the planned 5X7 size. So far the plan is to build the walls temporarily on the base and then disassemble them, elevate the base and reassemble them on the elevated base. Not sure abot the roof yet but probably will be the slanted lean too style going from 6 foot to 6 foot 6 inches. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.... real light snow falling. 12 above. We mayhap might of got 3 inches of snow.

Day 2 of the great adventure. Iffin  I don't see an improvement on the fishes part this morning I'll be pulling the pin on that lake and fishing close to the cabin.

Sure wish I had someone to warm up the outdoor biffy seat. :shocked: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :scratch: You might try talking to it for a minute or 2.  :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:        ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/07/24, 06:57:30 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 5 here and might 18 today...  got 2 plus inches of snow yesterday and could get 1 to 3 more tomorrow..  and the 10 day forecast sure is showing some lower temps..   so we need more snow to insulate the ground..   not sure what I have going today but will figure that out as the day rolls along..   my neck feels better today so that is good..   have a good day all..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :scratch: You might try talking to it for a minute or 2.  :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:        ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

pucker up buttercup!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/07/24, 07:21:27 AM by mike89 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 20 here & lookin for 29 later. Got just enough snow to turn the sidewalk & garbage can lid a little white. Got a couple little in house putzin I can do. No more now, have a good 1.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 7 here and heading for 11. Pulled my little skid house out yesterday afternoon. So getting ready to head out fishing. Coffee just got done. Time to fill thermos and head out. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good luck JB and Glenn.  Do you have a heater in the out house Glenn?  I would.  Well we ended up with for sure 4" and there are a few flakes in the air yet.  I will get it all plowed up before the game today.  That is about all I am going to do too. Not really in the mood to cook something cool so will have to see what sounds good later.  Be careful out there. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 23 and we got a skiff of snow over night.  Just read ya fell Mike, hopefully your ok. Momma ended up and gave me her crud so I road the couch all day yesterday and probably today. She is tho cooking up the ham bone for bean and ham soup later. Anywho enjoy your Sunday gents.....See ya!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. It's not insulated.  We had a bunch of friends up one winter, they supplied the heater and propane. Their was so damn much ice buildup never again.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

pucker up buttercup!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
it went off without a  hitch!! :smoking: :rotflmao: :mooning: