Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5328337 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......not a whole lot planned for today. yea this weather is crazy......heat bills should get a nice reprieve though!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Wonderful temperatures yesterday, topping out at 50 in Waseca, Owatonna & Albert's Leaf. Suspect we'll see more of this as the sunshine returns on these dark soils. The good news is we started lambing yesterday. The bad news was the ewe had little milk so the lambs are bottle lambs. :rolleyes: I keep tellin' the wife, if this raising sheep thing is so damn much fun, why isn't everyone doing it?  :angry: 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/30/24, 09:10:58 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to dump to get rid of scrap metal after lunch. Stopped at fleet yesterday to return a set of window vents and found a 52" grill cover for $12.99. Fits over my welder nicely, a little big, but none the less it's covered. Now no more dust on the Miller. More coffee, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't find Ice Conditions and search didn't find it so here goes:  A couple of weeks ago a truck went down here on the river on the Canada side.  Must be by where the drive on the ice.  It is in 20' of water.  There is a tent over it now. Just heard about it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't find Ice Conditions and search didn't find it so here goes:  A couple of weeks ago a truck went down here on the river on the Canada side.  Must be by where the drive on the ice.  It is in 20' of water.  There is a tent over it now. Just heard about it.
been reading on the book of faces there's getting to be more abd more resorts and guides pulling the  gear off lakes

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wouldn't doubt that one bit.  Need to remember that the water below the ice is above freezing too.   It takes good cold weather to combat that as well as the temps above. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the amish even pulled their portables off the lake yesterday!!!

made it to Sartell and back..  with a clean report too!!!  stopped at Rumors and had a darn good bacon cheese burger with mushrooms!!!  and tater tots too!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great! 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gents. Damn, it's been so nice I haven't had time to check in here for a while now. Last Friday a made a trip to my land to check things out. Most years that would be out of the question due to deep snow. Chased up a group of 4 bucks. They put on quite a show as they almost circled me. The were all still sporting antlers. Deer and turkeys are still eating acorns. Saturday and Sunday I met dakids on a metro lake to do a little ice fishing. The lake had 8-10 inches of ice. Enough for a wheeler. We did pretty good and landed some pretty nice nords. Spent most of yesterday making sure everything is ready for the upcoming tax season. We got the group together (all are AARP - TaxAide volunteers) and did a dry run. First prep day is this Thursday. Here's today's tax tip. A married couple in Minnesota will pay ZERO state tax on social security income if their AGI is less than $100,000. The rest of today will be spent planning our 2024 MDHA annual Banquet. Stuff has been accumulating in my lower level for a while now.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Some nice fish there fellers!
Morning boys. 36 here and heading for 40 today. It was 31 last night after the sun went down. Really warmed up overnight. Not much exciting here. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here and heading for the mid 40's today!!!the fog that was rolling in last night must have kept on rolling, it looks clear out now!!  got an appointment at the VA this morning at 9am..   just a short visit..  then do some shopping..  and a couple other stops...   have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 32 here and headed to 46 today.  Had to look twice to believe it.  Was sure nice yesterday.  Made a trip to the landfill.  Will have to find something to do today.  Sure dark out yet.  I see some clear skies in the east.  Well you all have a good one.  Hump day.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning......32 here this morning. Heading for 53 this afternoon. Back home from our trip. Greeted with pretty nice weather. Had a great time on the ship. Good food I would never try at home every night. Good entertainment every night. Warm weather. No rain.

:party3: :party3:
« Last Edit: January 01/31/24, 07:42:46 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great Ken. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got one load of scrap to the landfill yesterday. Pulled my old 5x10 trailer out the woods (sure is nice with no snow) and into the garage. Looks like most of it will be headed to landfill later today or tomorrow. Pretty roached out with rust. I will be able to save the hitch, axle, wheels and the rail that ran around the outside. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/31/24, 09:56:47 AM by markn »
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......lookin like a nice day on tap. actually been thinkin about having a  :campfire: and  :toast: day on of these days...end of jan or first part feb!!!!!!! how bout dat!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

plantenbergs called the other day....my venision hot dogs and bologna are done.......i'll go get that today, then i reckon i best check out the horseshoe chain......hearin the ice aint doing so good!!!! :shocked:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Read a thing in the paper about the bad ice in the Horseshoe Chain a week ago. I too have been thinking fire.  I scooped the snow off of both firepits the other day. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Also noticed yesterday the Alex Gas Cartel has their prices back over three bucks at $3.05. Paid $2.39 a couple weeks ago at Luvs in St Cloud just off I94.  :angry2:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Also noticed yesterday the Alex Gas Cartel has their prices back over three bucks at $3.05. Paid $2.39 a couple weeks ago at Luvs in St Cloud just off I94.  :angry2:
that Luvs is ALWAYS 20 to 30 cents a gallon cheaper then here intown also!!!!! its the 88 blend though not the typical 87. i've had no issues with it in either vehicles!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas jumped 20 cents per gallon here in the last 2 days also.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
gas was from $2.85 today to $3.05  :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-50's. I like it! Got foggy overnite and iced the trees and powerlines up some. When I came into the office this a.m. it was coming off the powerlines making them dance. Got thru a webinar and did payroll. No newbies in the lambing barn altho I hope more show up during this warm stretch. A lot easier than lambing in that sub-zero crap. Notice the word "fun" was not included. :rotflmao: It's drying off south of the house nicely and looks like the frost is coming out. Could plant radishes to say I did it in January. May have to sneak out of here this afternoon and play outside with the munchkin (Poppy) too. Now that's fun!  :happy1:

Think gas is $2.95 at the CWOP & $2.99 at the WWC. Took off since yesterday's prices that must still be online. Got a fill of LP yesterday. $1.59 cash if paid in 10 days. 
« Last Edit: January 01/31/24, 03:35:02 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Today happiness comes in a smoke filled, dirty garage. :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so Mark.......are they actually giving you money for scrap iron????

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Today happiness comes in a smoke filled, dirty garage. :happy1: :happy1:

breaking in that new one nicely!!!     :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here and heading for 34 it says. Had 48 here yesterday. Crazy. Grocery shopping after work today. Also have a 100 pound propane tank to get filled while in Roseau. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 here and looks frosty!!  sounds like 43 for the high.. sure was nice hitting 50 yesterday..  got a few things to do today..  nothing pressing..   have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, foggy & 28 here now, we should see 50 later. We had 54 yday. :cool: The appt was for 11 yday so we got there just after 10 & he got in almost right away but then had to wait an hour to see the doctor. We were still leaving by noon & back in Mason City by ~ 1:30. A couple stops, a bite to eat & we were back here by a little after 3. No big plans today & that's OK, so back to my usual morning thing today. Hopin your Thursday's a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
gas was from $2.85 today to $3.05  :pouty:
Gas went up $.30 to $3.09 late last week here & that's what it was when we left town Tuesday. It was $3.05 yday when we got home. Got it for $2.28 at Sam's in Ankeny on Tuesday. Most of Mason City was $2.89 yday but we did see 1 where it was $2.69.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
so Mark.......are they actually giving you money for scrap iron????

Glenn, Where I have been taking it no. It's either drive five miles to landfill and give it away or 17 miles and get $4.84 (guess) for a pick up load. Doesn't pay when I bring only 400 to 500 pounds. The trailer in the picture was 5x10 steel trailer that made about 1,000 trips from here to Emmaville in it's lifetime. Today I'd like to take apart a boat trailer from the 1950's my brother drug home and make it into a usable trailer with the parts I savaged from this one. I'll post a picture of that boat trailer and you'll see why it's worthless in it's current state. It has 1 7/8" hitch on it. Other than that have a great day everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm