Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332082 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, we got about a half inch on the ground. Sure made for miserable roads this morning though.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no precip here all all...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 34 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Another nice day yesterday although with the breeze, at times it didn't feel as warm as one might've thought. Another set of twins born yesterday afternoon so that brings the magic number down to 10. Need to make a feed run this afternoon and put another bale in the lot tonite. Have a few of last year's ewe lamb crop that will be going to the locker Monday. Then we can pen the remainder of them & open up the main barn to let the ewes with lambs run in a larger space. That's always a banner day as it cuts down on chores dramatically. It frequently causes a gawker slowdown on the road too when people brake to watch the lambs run & jump. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......done at the store........it snowed pretty hard here for a bit.........ground is covered.....melted on the roads.

so another HUUUGE payday for dotch again!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

main project for the day is pull the old frig out..........so yea its not on the freeway by Rochester  :mooning: :confused: :rotflmao:, move a few things, clean up where the frig goes in high anticipation of the new one's arrival tomorrow!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made it back from Alex, scored some ground bison burger for $3.99 and some pork tenderloins for $1.99!!!  happy with that!!!  motion lotion was $3.04 where I got it and $3.14 else where... 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 We got it for $2.99 at the Holiday in Aitkin yday & it was the same in GR.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/24, 04:20:30 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I noticed the price in GR has been less than   MSP prices for the last couple weeks. That doesn’t happen often.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
$3.27 at the Cwop, $3.29 at the WWC, and $3.09 at Krause's in Hope.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/24, 07:36:00 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I noticed the price in GR has been less than   MSP prices for the last couple weeks. That doesn’t happen often.
same with deer river...........like almost never!!!!! :doah: :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was $3.09 here which isn't bad for our area.  Now it went up to $3.19. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
First time in a LONG time I seen gas and diesel the same price.   No idea what the excuse to drive it up now is.   Been jumping about .10 a day here.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
3.09 at holiday and 3.19 at cenex in Warroad.
Morning boys. 16 here and heading for 25 today. TGIF!! Got me a bit of the alien going on. Hopefully this is all the worse it gets. At least I can still function. Otherwise one more day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
$3.27 at the Cwop, $3.29 at the WWC, and $3.09 at Krause's in Hope.
It was $3.29 in town down home too, but there's a couple truck stops ~ 5 miles west of town where it was $2.99.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 18 now and headed to 30.  Just can't get over that 30 hump yet.  Will be nicer coming up.  No big plans today.  I was going to cut up the elm tree that I plowed off the driveway but guess I am not supposed to be doing that kind of stuff.  The wife reminded me.  She is always right too. LOL  SO I will just try to stay out of trouble today.  Maybe go fill the Ol Ford up with gas and get a new pair of gloves at Cenex.  TGIF.  You all have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 21 here and could see 35 today..  not much on the agenda today so I'll just go with the day..   sounds like a plan!!   have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 20 here & headed for 34. The defective thermostat has been replaced as Fed Ex showed up with the new 1 yday, already. :cool: Couldn't just plug it in though as wall plate needed to be changed out too. Might've been a whole 10-15-minute job. :scratch: Got a couple little things in mind for early today. 'Bout it here, hopin your Friday's a good 1. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tell the wife we are proud of her for fixing it Gunner.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a new hitch mount ordered for the truck yesterday along with a few stops for donations for an upcoming banquet. I need to get raffle tickets ordered today for our gun bingo and most of that project will be done. Pup is trying to pull me around the kitchen with a leash that is attached to my chair. I stopped at fleet to get him a leash and they were 20 bucks so I wandered through the horse stuff isle and found a rope rein the same length and snaps on both ends for 12 bucks. Works just fine. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tell the wife we are proud of her for fixing it Gunner.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: the girls from Inger came over for a welcome back party AND fixed it!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers.....about the only thing planned is wait  for the frig and get that straightened back out!!!!  :happy1: other then that just one of them days........watch some tourney hockey too!!!
« Last Edit: March 03/08/24, 08:26:12 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I may try and sneak a peak at the Warroad game.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I may try and sneak a peak at the Warroad game.
that Grand Rapids game was friggin awesome last night.........Rapids scores and wins it like ,02 seconds in regulation. white bear lake is 0-20 in opening qtr games!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
This was on la jolla shores public beach not too far from parking lot. 
Blacks is harder to get to for an old guy like me.
I recognized the beach, looks quiet compared to say mission Beach. Still a bunch of Seals hanging out on the rock point?
Yeah, bunch of sea lions by the cove, and a little ways south a bunch of harbor seals having babies.   

Beach is pretty quiet since it is "winter" unless it's a warm weekend.   Lots of surfers when the conditions are good.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY DUTCHY.........bring me the news has a blurb today........wrestlemania maybe coming to the twin cities!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Back to reality today and tomorrow, then it's spring again on Sunday. Had another ewe start the lambing process before I fed the bottle lambs yesterday noon. She hadn't made a lot of progress so thought I'd make my feed run quick. Checked again before I went out the driveway and she had one on the ground already. Nice day but thought I'd better pen them up rather than have them wander off while I was gone. Got feed unloaded after I got back then speared & plopped another round bale in the yearling lot. Not a lot definitive on the slate for today other than feeding bottle lambs at noon & getting a few groceries. Oh & have some coffee. Hoping to deliver some frozen squash & string beans to our adopted mom here in town later this a.m. Had promised them but hadn't made it there yet. Speaking of promises I should probably mail the lotzza motzza from that ewe yesterday to glenn! Have a good 'un!  :cool:   

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :tut: you can keep you lotza sloppa right where its at!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

:angry2: :confused: man its hard to get good help nowadays..........got word the frig wont be hear till tomorrow.  :doah: called to jack them up. driver called in sick..............go friggin figure....on a friday!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning all.....just a reminder....Daylight Savings start tomorrow night at Midnight. Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead an hour not back an hour.

:tut: :tut: :tut:
« Last Edit: March 03/08/24, 11:13:56 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: It didn't need to be a union screwdriver, so it was easy......................& fast!! :sleazy: :evil:
   ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 03/08/24, 03:10:23 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, Warroad played a great game. Bug lost in overtime.  :thumbs: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, Warroad played a great game. Bug lost in overtime.  :thumbs: :pouty:
yea good game though.........was hoping for a warroad/hermantown championship. hermy is putting a hurt to Mahtomedi 4-0 end of 1!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 17 here and heading for 30 today. Then warmer tomorrow. Just sitting here waiting for my friend Joe to get here. Then we will head out fishing. Measured the ice last night after auguring the holes and it was 19" thick. Last week a 150 years away it was 15.5". Crazy. It has been fairly consistent in that area all winter. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.