Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332630 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Could be something simple like an igniter or a gas valve Glenn. Good Lick
its electric.......no gas line to the house. 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
When those elements start to go, you can get a rash from that... :coffee:
« Last Edit: March 03/12/24, 11:52:45 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 :rotflmao:

that rash is long gone!!!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not if we keep bringing it up!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The frig drama is done. Next up water heater   :confused:

Thinking a fire will be in order, especially since my dink for a neighbor has clothes out on a line! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
The frig drama is done. Next up water heater   :confused:

Thinking a fire will be in order, especially since my dink for a neighbor has clothes out on a line! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

so you just plugged it in the garage!!!   good for you!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
:banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 :rotflmao:

that rash is long gone!!!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Save yourself a ton of money.  Go to Menards and pickup an element kit.  Also pick up a tube of pipe dope.
Not the kind you smoke!! Pickup the socket for changing them.

Shut off the breaker.   SHUT OFF THE BREAKER.  SHUT OFF THE WATER GOING TO THE HOT WATER HEATER. Put a hose on your tank. Open the valve and then open a hot water sink valve.  Each element has a plate over it.  Behind the plate is a chunk of insulation.  Lift it up and you will the element.  Take a picture of the wires.  Unhook the wires and then use the element socket to remove the element.   More that likely you will find scale in the bottom of the water heater.  Use your shop vacuum and something to pull it out with. 

Put pipe dope on the element threads and screw it back in.   Do the same to the top element.   There should not be scale around that one.   Hook all wires up. Turn water on and then turn on power.  Be sure to check rest button as it might be blown when the elements went. 

Now you have something to do today.
« Last Edit: March 03/13/24, 01:32:01 AM by Scenic »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job Scenic! And here I was going to mention how easy replacing an electric water heater is with no gas line or vent. How old is it anyhow Glenn? If he bought tge same one it'll just pop right in..

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
That bending over or laying on the floor to weld stuff up is waaaaaay overrated. This is easier. :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Smarter not harder!  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 here and heading for 38 it says. We shall see. Our weather station said it made 53 yesterday. There is still a half dozen fish houses still out on the lake. I may go check out the ice after work tonight. We shall see . Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and should make the mid 50's today..  slight chance of rain but the way it has gone, not happening...  tax man today and get that done...   have a good day all!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Start and finish pictures of the grill coming soon, from phone. Still weighs a ton, but at end of driveway with a for sale sign hanging on it. Need to head to Rose City to pick up some raffle tickets that need to go back to Grand Rapids and lunch while we're there. Drove into town yesterday to pick up the new hitch mount and my guess is the lakes around here will open up in another day or two. Looking pretty black and weak. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It was a mighty foggy drive into work this morning. Thick as pea soup most of the way in.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 28 and should see 47 later on.  Still have puddles when it thaws so frost is not out yet.  The river looks darker every day or even hour.  It looks a little foggy out this morning.  Lot of moisture in the air.  93% humidity.  Tacos for supper tonight so will take some burger out for that.  I will take a ride upriver today with the boys to see if we can spot open water. Well stay out of trouble and have a good day. Glenn enjoy that cold shower.  Is there any heat to the water at all?  When that bottom element goes out that pretty much ends the hot water.  If it is warm overnight the top element is probably ok.   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 27 presently & lookin for 51 before the day is over. According to the Duluth news last night, they were 10* warmer, 64, than us yday. :scratch: Yeah JB, the early radar had some stuff movin through just SE of you today. Gray & cloudy here but it looks pretty clear now. Road trip here today as we're headed to GR today. There'll be a small detour in Cohasset for our recyclables too. No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......another good afternoon yesterday with a fire and beer........but
 i think i'll hold off for a while for the next round!!!

LPS.......we had no hot water whatso ever. there was more to it then the heating elements. it was 16 years old...i opted to replace the water heater with new.  got a few things to clean up and put away.  hot water this morning!!!! :happy1: cant say enough good things about this plumbing outfit.....Gilks from Richmond....... they treat no hot water as a priority to the customers!!!  :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
As promised a before and after pictures. It’s for sale too.  :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nice work Mark  :happy1: but as a former welder..........those welds on the leg pads   :doah: :moon: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Glenn how's the garage fridge working??   

that is a big grill Mark!!   hope it sells fast for ya!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Glenn how's the garage fridge working??   

that is a big grill Mark!!   hope it sells fast for ya!!!
it worked good last summer........i only use it when all my garden goodies start coming in. and maybe in nov when i cut up deer!!!! otherwise its unplugged!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was referring to yer new one!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I was referring to yer new one!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: well the new one aint in da garage!!!!! :rotflmao: its working fine......working on getting the temps correct!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 34 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Another dandy day yesterday topping out around 68. Listening to a webinar on ECB & corn rootworm resistance management.  People keep abusing the technology so it's job security. Unfortunately they only hear what they want to hear until it's too late & the technology has been rendered useless. Have some lamb to pick up at the locker plant, answer some tech questions, mail my 102 year old friend more car magazines & check with the accountant to see what they're up to. Maybe try to enjoy the last of this stretch of nice weather later.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: March 03/13/24, 10:49:21 AM by Dotch »

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
good morning guys and gals,
 I'm not sure how many have heard that the red lake nation has submitted a bill to acquire the land surrounding upper redlake and the lake itself.
 I did submit 2 letters to rep.matt.grossell@house.mn.gov   and
sen.steve.green@senate.mn opposing this bill
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 I'm not sure how many have heard that the red lake nation has submitted a bill to acquire the land surrounding upper redlake and the lake itself.
:happy1: i was wondering how that was going to affect you...... there's a pretty good thread going on IDO on this.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......another good afternoon yesterday with a fire and beer........but
 i think i'll hold off for a while for the next round!!!

LPS.......we had no hot water whatso ever. there was more to it then the heating elements. it was 16 years old...i opted to replace the water heater with new.  got a few things to clean up and put away.  hot water this morning!!!! :happy1: cant say enough good things about this plumbing outfit.....Gilks from Richmond....... they treat no hot water as a priority to the customers!!!  :happy1:
Probably didn't want you to get smelling much worse.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The bad that happens when left wing democrats get in control. Look what was happen with the White Earth State forest. At least that has been tabled for now.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just fired off emails to my senator and state rep!!!!! :happy1: