Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4957607 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
They were just clamoring on the radio this morning about laninya this summer. Warm and dry they said. We shall see.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: i thought they were talking a wet spring......summer?????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It still hasn't stopped snowing here.  Not adding up in great amounts but I did plow most of the route here at the ranch.  I suppose 6" total for this whole event may be a little high but it is still coming down.  Actually pretty nice stuff,  not extremely wet.  I see the river is white of course with the snow but I can see wet spots now.  In a few places.  So water is getting on top. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No expert on this but typically when we get an El Nino that transitions to a La Nina, we expert warmer than normal temps and less than normal precip in the summer months. It doesn't always work that way but increases the odds it will. How quickly it changes also influences when the impact may occur. The longer the transition between the two the longer it takes La Nina to assert itself. Right now, it's looking like the transition may not take ahold until later summer into early fall. If that occurs, it could increase our odds of a colder and wetter than normal winter. Any idiot could bet that odds are it would be colder and wetter than this one anyway! I'll give them credit, they hit the ball out of the park with their winter forecast this time, thanks in large part to El Nino. Not always the case. Have seen them swing and miss on plenty of occasions.  :doah:

Near term, in their most recent outlook released March 21st, NOAA is saying we have better than even odds of above normal temps and equal chances of above or below normal precipitation.

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.shtml
« Last Edit: March 03/26/24, 06:24:06 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 14 here and supposed to make 25. Still snowing here and supposed to snow throughout the day. Like Barry said it snowed a bit yesterday. Hard to tell with the wind, but it has seemed to added up. Got some good size drifts in the yard now. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 15 here and could see 23 today..   off the Alex this morning,  first stop at the VA for a short visit...   then off to get some vittles..   not sure after that what I have going on...  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  it is 14 here too. It is still snowing too.  I did plow it all up yesterday afternoon.  Then I shoveled the deck off too.  Well we have at least 4" maybe a bit more on the deck and driveway now.  SO this may be the snow event of the season we are looking at.  I will get it all plowed up before the wife comes home at noon.  The river still looks wet.  Must be a lot of slush on top of the ice now.  The birds are enjoying to sunflower seeds during the snowstorm.  I need to get some thistle feed too.  Well let the thawing begin.  It may be fun to go watch the Rapids now.  It has been barely a trickle so far with no snow melt.  Well have a good day and don't overdo it. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,15 now & looking for 22 later. Still spittin a little here too, the hourly is saying it should be done by 4 or 5. :scratch: MnDOT has the roads down to about Aitkin as not being the best yet. Planning on heading back south 1 of these days but it won't be today. Might be tomorrow, maybe even Friday. I was out early for a bit again & it looked like we had another 3 1/2" yday. :rolleyes: Kind of chilly with the wind too. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
« Last Edit: March 03/27/24, 08:08:41 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........14 here and sunshine. momma did reschedule her trip to the big city. got some things i've been putting off i want to get done today!!!!!  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 14 at choretime heading for bright sunshine and a high in the upper 20's. Another dab of snow & a wintry mix yesterday, only measuring .02" of liquid equivalent precip at the ranch. Still melting out the Bugtussle gauge so bear with us. Otherwise, have another webinar to watch, last one in this series, and catch up on the dead people in the Albert's Leaf paper. Oh & of course, have coffee while I'm at it.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 11 here and heading for 33 today. I think the snow finally stopped here. Sounds like another shot of snow tomorrow. I wonder if that will be our last last blast. What does our resident expert think, LPS???  ;) :rotflmao: I moved some of the drifts in the driveway last night and cleaned off the neighbors cement. Didn't get to carried away. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   10 here this morning and we are also heading for mid 30s today.  They are talking about sun shine today.  Now that would be a change.  Cleaning some in the big shop today is on the agenda.  Its a bit over due.  Then tonight I do believe there is a brush pile that I have been waiting to burn that will get taken care of if the wind is not blowing to hard.   About it for me today.  Have a good day all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 10 here too, and hope to see 31 today..   bring the sun to!!  not a whole lot on the agenda today but then that's ok by me..  have a good day all!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  8 here and should get to upper 30's.  Sure looking a lot different than it looked a few days ago.  I'm thinking all rain from now on JB.  LOLOL  We will get warmer every day now.  I am looking forward to it.  I went out and cleaned snow out of the fire pits last night. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we have 11 for our start & we're hoping to see 35 before the day's done. Not sure what time the snow stopped here but it sure is nice to see some blue sky. Time for a change of address again tomorrow, so today is get ready day. My bag is already pretty much packed, so I'll start with the car. There's 1 tire that likes to mess with me a little. Might take the scoop shovel & open up the little shed today too. No more now, hoping your Thursday's a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking my day should be similar to scenic's today. Lenny is coming down from his "Morning Monster Mode", has everything in the house torn up and 9 trips outside already. Took a trip to our state's capitol yesterday to visit with some politicians. My Sen. and Rep. from here along with a couple of gentlemen, Senators and Representatives, that stopped by to visit us. We let them know what thought of the upcoming wolf bills, 2A stuff and a bit on the upcoming White Earth and Red Lake land grabs.  It was nice to see that both my Sen. and Rep. displayed the "old" Minnesota state flag and I thanked them for that. Enough for now, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 13 with sunshine at choretime, heading for a high in the mid-terdies. Quiet day so far. Waiting for the guy who's hauling a load of seed out before I run some errands. Need a couple tings from DG, get the mail & make a quick stop at the bank. Before that happens I'm fairly certain someone will stop in to kill time or ask some dumb questions. My spidey senses are tingling... :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....... finally a short day at the store......damn i was beginning to think i was full time!!!  :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Scenic........did the snow basically null and void  the fire dangers???? i'd assume so, just curious.....

Mark.......good to hear about the reps and senators..... :happy1: how the answer you land grab questions? curious!!! actually wondering if an D's are against it!!!!! :scratch:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
From I gathered was the white earth one wasn’t moving much now and the red lake one needed some more studies done. Keep on your senators and reps about this. The one biggest take away I got was they do listen, a large majority, to phone calls and emails about our concerns. Keep digging everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....... finally a short day at the store......damn i was beginning to think i was full time!!!  :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Scenic........did the snow basically null and void  the fire dangers???? i'd assume so, just curious.....

Mark.......good to hear about the reps and senators..... :happy1: how the answer you land grab questions? curious!!! actually wondering if an D's are against it!!!!! :scratch:
The D's are the ones behind it Glenn. Think the only thing stopping the White Earth one is Rob Kupec and he is a D. So i do need to give him credit for now. Hopefully he doesn't cave.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

The D's are the ones behind it Glenn. Think the only thing stopping the White Earth one is Rob Kupec and he is a D. So i do need to give him credit for now. Hopefully he doesn't cave.
:pouty: shees..i would hope there are a few more with scroopels!!!! i knew they were behind it all!!!!!! but gosh darn!! :crazy: :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I haven't kept up on this but will contact my legislators & let them know my thoughts. No doubt they are not in support of this foolishness. Nor am I. If these dumb basses had their way, they'd be shipping whites of European origin back... :angry:

https://alphanews.org/democrats-introduce-multiple-bills-to-transfer-ownership-of-state-land-to-tribes/?s=03
« Last Edit: March 03/28/24, 06:43:21 PM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Woke up early & couldn't sleep, so gonna hit the road in about an hour or so. See you on the other side.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels Gunner!!
Morning boys. TGIF!! 14 here and supposed to make it to mid 30s again today. Sounds like another shot of snow coming in late afternoon today. Should be the last one. Right Barry??  ;) Tomorrow we plan to head to GF for a gun show. Sounds like the kid and his wife will meet us there. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 22 here and hope to see 38 today...  sounds like a chance for snow and rain today too.. I did get a few things done yesterday and have a some more today...  safe travels Gunner!!  have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is only 7 here at the moment.  Should see about 40 today.  I am hoping that weather event turns out to be a little spring rain.  LOL   I was hoping you didn't see that.  I can see a dark spot on the river that looks like it may be the spot that opens first.  Still a strange color on the river.  ???   No big plans for the day.  Mayhaps a little house cleanup.  ??  You all have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't get done what I had in mind yesterday. Went to Osakis to pick up some choke tubes for oldest son and after the usual hour plus of BS time there I found a cool .410. I had to buy it which meant spending another 30 minutes waiting the NICS check to go through. Besides, I didn't have a .410 until yesterday. Now to find a 16ga............So I'll probably reset yesterday to today with a trip to FF to pick up a couple more prizes for gun bingo which is two weeks away. Enough to do for today, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Busy day planned today...after work is done.  Then run some errands and see what other trouble I can get into.   Boat project is coming along but when you only work on it a few hours a day it takes forever.  But the inside is looking like a boat again.   Started the outside and have some scrapes to get filled.  Picture to follow at some point.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......guess i'm left to my own devices today and tomorrow.........yep i be unsupervised!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: a trip to the grocery store is about all on the agenda for now..........but its early!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Busy past 24 hours. One newbie about an hour after I finished chores last nite while the wife was tying bows for Easter lilies. I was just about to start making supper so that altered my schedule. Then another set of triplets was born in the wee hours of the morning. Got the lotzza motzza cleaned out of the pen during morning chores. Whittling them down. 43 lambs on the ground. Only 4 ewes left to go. Wife had to get the bows to the flower shop early so she'd left Poppy on the loose while I showered. I let her out to chase her squirrel and while I was watching her from the window, noticed a strange smell. Here Poppy had unloaded about a half dozen mushy terds after the Mrs. left. 1st mess up she's had in quite a while but this one's on the wife. Let the damn dog out before you leave next time!  :angry:

Safe travels gunner! Glad it's done snowing for the year Barry. jb must have quite a pile of salt built up by now. Keep those pics coming Scenic. Always nice to hear from another fellow .410 owner mark n. can never have too many. Better check yer mail glenn... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
410 wing master here..  ribbed barrel  16 and a 12 too