Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4963997 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here and going for 68 today...  last I seen yesterday we got to 81...  a very nice day...  did get get the snowblower into storage and one harley home...   then putzed around outside for a few hours..  got all the pine cones picked up along with the tree branches and sticks that were under the pine trees..  and I did get my rain gauge out too!!   have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 53 here & headed for 78. :scratch: Think we made 80 yday too but not much higher. Still breezy & dry, so another mellower fire warning today. Got a couple things done yday & not sure what's on today's agenda..................yet. :confused: 'Bout it here, hopin your Sunday's good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 43 here and heading for 54. We made 62 yesterday when the wind switched to blowing off shore. Cut some firewood and loaded the woodshed. Also did some window repair as the wife broke one while she was cleaning it. More of the same today and change the oil in the wife's car. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had lots of clouds with a peek of sun now and then yesterday.  We did hit 65.  Supposed to be 65 today too.  No chance of rain till mid week.  I saw a bird by the bird house and then saw a sturgeon jump in the river.  There are so many of them they are jumping out of the river.  lol  My hip is hurting and it goes down my leg too.  Darn.  I don't even see the surgeon for my first visit till May 8.  I was hoping I would be done by now.  Double darn.  Sitting on the heating pad now.  HH may come early since that is when I feel less pain.  LOL  It is going to be a great day.  Nice and sunny.  Have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well a 140 pounds of sausage is in the books, freezer that is. Started at 8:30 am got done around 9:30 pm. I need a bigger smoker. Came up with 106 packages of polish, 4 to a package, and 15 pounds of straight ground venison. A couple of totes and a cooler to wash up today along with wrapping up the last 40 some wieners. So there's definitely a nap on the agenda for today. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 49 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. .04" of rain from a small shower I wasn't sure happened until morning. Heard it, went back to sleep & thought I might've dreamt it. Another overachiever day yesterday. After unloading feed & checking the neighbor's alfalfa, I checked on a couple guys who were planting. Decided to look at my friend/customer's fruit trees which I usually prune. He lives out on the open prairie so his trees weren't nearly as far along as mine. Did his half dozen trees, came home, did chores & moved the ewe with triplets when our 4-H kid came over.  Replaced a sticky trap bottom that was covered with flies then checked out the wetland. It's got water in it again! 4 mallards took off when I got close. Pheasants flying around and chorus frogs shrieking. Found more pussy willows too. Guessing there are 3 different biotypes. Wild turkeys this a.m. freaked the sheep out, especially the tom when he put on his display. Lotsa crap to pick up in the yard. Better hit 'er hard!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......yea got fire weather warnings here today to. no biggie no intention of a fire anyway. did get a few things crossed off my honey do list in the garage....yea i got 2 of them lists!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao:

biggest plan for the day is getting the boat home and along the way get 3-20lb propane tanks filled as long as i'm going through Paynesville. the fleet supply there is always the cheapest in the area!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Dotch how do you do it?  That is a lot of stuff to do in one day.  Like I have said before, you tire me out just reading your itinerary. Mark that is one heck of a lot of sausages.  I need to do a  12 lb batch soon.   

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  55 lakeside with a good westerly breeze . Was a gorgeous day yesterday,  the dock and boat lift are in, bout a 2 beer project.  The woods have came alive with nature,  woke up to howls and woodpeckers this morning.  Yesterday the woodies and mallards are buzzing around and the sand hill cranes are loud as all get out in the open field close by. 49° surface temp didn't keep the pooches from swimming,  even Maisy did a great job in the lake. Anywho gotsa few things to do before heading back, hate to go it's so peaceful  out here.....See ya!!!

Online tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Was that a nice sunrise this morning or what?
      Spent time puttering around in the fur shed yesterday, smoke my pipe, listen to a few tunes and checking out some of my fishing gear. I think I had a couple of beers, too.
      Only thing on the agenda for today is a celebration of life for a guy here in town.
      Stay safe everyone.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
boat is home!!!!!!! :happy1: and 80 bucks shorter in my wallet!!!!! :confused: 3 propane tanks of the 20 lb variety ended up 16 bucks each....got onion sets and 3 bags of cow poop at 10 each!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here and heading for 50 today. It appears they have taking the rain out of our forecast until Wednesday now. The shoreline ice sure took a beating yesterday. My guess is the lake will be open by a week from today. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well its off to funeral this morning, third one in eight days for me. Trap shooting starts for the local high school this afternoon too. I was hoping to hit the backyard with the de-thatcher (don't let reb see that), some fertilizer, seed and then the roller tomorrow, but it looks like it may rain. Got to run, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, it's 40 here & we should see 76 before the day's over. Rain here starting overnight & they're talking 1-2" for us now. Been getting my stuff together as it looks like we're heading back north early Wednesday. So, some more of that today but no other big plans. No more now, have a good 1.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 43 here and going for the low 60's today...  another nice day yesterday and got a bunch more done outside and in the garage...  got the garbage container 2/3 full already..   clean it out!!!   have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  28 here and may hit 60ish.  No plans for the day.  Just going to take it easy and let my hip get better.  Lots of birds at the feeder.  Gold finches are not yellow yet.  Looks to be a nice day.  You all have a good one.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Mornin! Beautiful out, had fresh baked bread for toast this morning
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 48 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Another gorgeous day yesterday. Cleaned up 2+ huge loads of crap off the yard with the Gator. Front yard looks presentable. One more load from the backyard and it'll be mow-able. More funerals & Auntie Mar Mar needed some for a church meatball dinner so picked one final batch of pussy willows. Chased the wild turkeys around while I was at it. Heard the tom gobbling this the morning. Hope he leaves soon so he and his harem can mess up someone else's garden. Final activity after chores & getting cleaned up was getting the Studebaker out for its maiden voyage of the season. Put on 10 - 12 miles to get it warmed up & make sure everything worked. Need to check on the new rim painting progress so I can get them swapped out. Cruising could start early this season & I want to be ready to go.  :coffee:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin! Beautiful out, had fresh baked bread for toast this morning
frozen bread doughfrom the store doesnt justify fresh baked bread!!!!!  :confused: :pouty: :tut:

morning fellers........done at the store. i slept like crap last night  :doah: nappy time soon!!!!!

we shall see how much gets done today??? :scratch: :scratch:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here and heading for 51 it says. Somehow the rain managed to miss us last night. Chance of rain yet today, so hopefully we get some. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had some thunder by 5, the rain & even a little lightning started shortly after that. It's 58 here now & we may see 64. Just a little more packing to do & that won't take long. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 51 here and that is the high too...  no rain until a few minutes ago...  thunder and lightning too..  another nice day yesterday..  hey Gunner safe travels tomorrow!!!  have a good day all!!   

Online tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Rain with a stiff east wind. 55° now.
      Got a few more coop jobs done yesterday. No big big plans for today.
      Stay safe everyone.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......yep rain, thunder and lightning here. lookin out back the robins are busy huntin!!!!!

safe travels GUNNER!!!!! give your inger girls a peck for me!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

working on what inside stuff i wanna tackle first. gonna switch the doors around on the new frig so they open the other way is one!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is about 40 and we should see 61 they are saying.  Looks like rain too.  We shall see.  You all have a good day and stay out of trouble.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to town for bone cracker appt at 11:00, grab a can 91 octane for the mowers and a quick stop at FF for coffee. Watch it rain, I hope. We need it. Later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Minimal rain so far here. .03" at the ranch & .02" in Bugtussle. More expected however. Topped out around 75 yesterday so it feels almost cool relatively speaking. Guy called yesterday & they got my rims painted for the Stude. They need to sit a while so maybe before the weekend they can be mounted. Studebaker color & paint code is white sand. Their rendition appeared to be less cream colored than the car itself but really won't be able to tell until the tires are mounted on the car. Shouldn't matter. It has wide whitewalls on it that I keep very white, with the black of the tire between the whitewall and the car itself. Less than an inch of rim will show as it has full hubcaps on it. Be hard pick it out I think. It's not a trailer queen anyway. The fun in owning one of these collector autos is in driving them. Just glad to have rims on it that I can feel safe running radial tires.  Safe travels Gunner! 

Online tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Dotch, you ever been to the Studebaker Museum in South Bend? They also built the Avanti in the same plant. I haven't been in that part of the world in probably 30 years. It might be gone for all I know.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's definitely on my bucket list, sort of the Mecca for Studebaker owners and enthusiasts. Know people who have been thru it and they said the same thing. I have lots of books too detailing the history of the company but it would be great to see the museum.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sounds like fun.   :happy1: :happy1: