Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4964597 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here and heading for 45 today. Sounds like a chance at more rain later. We got .26" of rain last night. The wind was putting a hurt to the ice.  The ice is piling up some out front. Which means it is moving. Not much exciting here, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All. We did get a small amount of welcomed rain yesterday.  Overnight it was more of a fine mist.  For whatever reason the rain just rotates around us.   What we did get sure greened things up. 

A shop day planned here today.  With this weather it will be a good day for it. Have a great day All.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! It must have rained a little more overnight. There was a total of 1.7" in the gauge.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 39 here and heading to the 50's today..  haven't looked at the rain gauge this morning yet, got plenty of time for that...   thinking about going to Alex this morning and get a few things...   have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. We have 3/8" of rain so far.  The grass is greener here too. Man is it a great day.  I have been so hurting the last 3 nights that I didn't sleep much and couldn't hardly walk.  I got two cortisone shots from the doc and I feel great today. Just can't overdo them.  He told me to take it easy.  No 4 wheelers included.  LOL  That is what got me back in pain.  SO not going to even look at the dock yet.  Darn.  The Forks haven't broken up yet so that ice has to come down river too so don't want it piling up on the dock anyways.  With the water so low we are wondering if they have enough water to get their ice even moving. I will keep an eye out.  LOL   You all have a great day.   I just updated my rain amount.  It was 3/8" not 3.8". 
« Last Edit: April 04/17/24, 08:16:51 AM by LPS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Dumped out 1.3" out rain gauge here. Could use another shot like that next week. Wife has informed me I need to go to town and get dog food. Wish she would have said that yesterday while I was on a scheduled FF trip. Have a great day everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 49 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. 1.06" of rain the past 24 hrs. at the ranch with 1.67" in Bugtussle. Things are soaked up pretty good. I'll have to go to the Steele Co. law enforcement & get my burning permit so the DNR can pinpoint exactly where I'm burning my cardboard, oil filters & tires! No need for a snitch line that way. :rolleyes: Prolly need to take a Gator tire off and get it fixed today. Was flatter than a pancake this a.m. Wifey is gone to another funeral starting tonite thru tomorrow nite. Once chores are done, might be able to pick up the rest of the crap in the yard tonite. Afterwards, maybe Poppy & I can grill something, then watch The Rockford Files unsupervised. Purty exciting life I lead somedays. :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........damn slept in a wee bit ....feels good!!!!! got the frig doors switched so it opens the other way..... :happy1: :happy1: a few other projects started on. started taking the old locator out of the boat, gonna start putting the new one in. issue i have is the old one, wires wont come out unless i take one of the boards out. not sure i wanna go down that road, may just snip them???? :scratch: :scratch: :doah:

on the short list is seeing if this rain softened up the ground, wanna scratch it up and throw some grass seed down......last summer was brutal on the lawn out back!!! :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Mornin! Beautiful out, had fresh baked bread for toast this morning
frozen bread doughfrom the store doesnt justify fresh baked bread!!!!!  :confused: :pouty: :tut:

morning fellers........done at the store. i slept like crap last night  :doah: nappy time soon!!!!!

we shall see how much gets done today??? :scratch: :scratch:
Didnt i tell you to shadup!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin! Beautiful out, had fresh baked bread for toast this morning
frozen bread doughfrom the store doesnt justify fresh baked bread!!!!!  :confused: :pouty: :tut:

morning fellers........done at the store. i slept like crap last night  :doah: nappy time soon!!!!!

we shall see how much gets done today??? :scratch: :scratch:
Didnt i tell you to shadup!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: MEH......suck it up.......buttercup!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 35 here and heading for 39 today. Maybe some snow flakes later. The ice sheet moved to the east yesterday. Must have been about 3/4 mile of open water. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 38 here & we're headed for 43. We left home around 12:30 AM & were comin down the drive here by 8:30. It was easy to tell when we hit the NW wind yday, about Aitkin, as the temp dropped quickly. Some light mist most of the day here yday too. Going to take the plow & the chains of the Grizzly to start this day & if that goes well, I'll start on the blower & the Husqvarna after that. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 36 here and could see 44 today...   yes it was windy yesterday...  did get a few things done yesterday and have a few things for today too..  just no rush!!   have a good day all!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  33 here and  could see 43.  Chance of some kind of moisture today and 80% tomorrow.  I over did it yesterday making channels for water to run off the driveway.  Middle of the night my hip was aching so back to the easy chair whilst I waited for the pain pills to kick in.  That helped.  SO have to take it even easier today.  Like almost a dead stop.  lol  Well I will make a pot of chili since it is chili outside.  Later, have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a couple of domestic things to take of this morning. After that finish putting stuff away from last weekend and then get ready to head to Hinkley for the weekend. Just Saturday and Sunday. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. More rain in the overnite, .19" at the ranch and .18" in Bugtussle. Got the tire off the Gator & hauled in to get fixed. Found the leak so it should be an easy fix for my Studebaker mechanic. Speaking of Studebaker, he might want to take the tires off & mount them on the new rims tomorrow. Just remembered, I have another set of hubcaps, several of which are better looking than what's on the car now. Could swap those out too. If he does that, it would give me a good excuse to go for a cruise over the weekend. I'll make sure the front seat is in the "locked" position so the Mrs. doesn't try to fold it down & take advantage of me. Hate when that happens...  :coffee: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...yep just got it in!!! :rotflmao: done at the store bout 11 ish. pretty windy, kinda liked to finish my grass  seed project? mayhaps a nap!!!!! still trying to figure out how i'm gonna take that old cable out of the boat!!!!!! :surrender: :scratch: :doah:

not sure what else i'll have up my sleve just yet!!!!1 :sleazy:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here and heading for 35 today. Burning a little more wood this week with it being cloudy all the time and a little cooler. So, last night it appears as though the ice is gone on the lake. As far as I could see with binoculars, I couldn't see any ice other than some small rafts of ice. Still some ice along shore, but a good east wind would take care of that quickly. Otherwise just one more day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  27 here and should see 38 with moisture possible.  The ground is white here again.  :angry2:  The guys that gave me bids to do the office ceiling with knotty pine T&G will be here today already to get that done.  How lucky for us that they had a day to do it.  Will be great.  I wondered how the lake was doing JB? I will fire up the wood burner in the garage in case they want to do some cutting in there. Swept it out last night. I do see the breeze picking up now too.  Well you guys have a good one. Thinking we are in need of some tree dicks too.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 here and could see 33 today..   and wind of course...  got a few things done yesterday and have a few more today...  nothing big, just want them done...   have a good day all!!   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, I give up what's a "tree dick"? Not sure what I'm doing today. Breakfast and a short nap are on the radar. Should see how much a new starter/generator for Cub is. Thinking North of $200.00. If it starts I may pull the de-thatcher around awhile and shovel dog crap. That should keep me busy enough for today. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yellow tree dick is the whole name.  Look at dirty jokes.  It's a Dotch thing.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 30 at 1st peek & I'm seein 38 for the high here too. The ground is white here as well & it looks like we could have another lil' squall come through after lunch too. Got the wheeler switched over pretty quick yday, so I started on the blower. The Husky is all stripped back down so I'll probably mess with putting the mower deck back on that today. Got a battery that can go in the old mower yet too. Have to see what the day looks like after that. :scratch: 'Bout it here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning. A little ice in the bird bath this morning. Bliebird skies.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   Bit chilly this morning but it is still April.  We have just a skiff of snow on the ground and the wind has picked up a bit here.  I did however find a couple of slippery spots on the road   Spending the day in the shop working on a graphics program.   Man I wish I knew more about graphic programs!!  Have a great day All. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........ didnt get much accomplished yesterday......maybe today!!! :happy1: :happy1:

34 and cloudy here........... we only have one of them "tree branches" left here!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

graphic programs???? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: i thought that was all the smut emails Mike and Dotch send me!!! :pouty: :tut: :scratch: :doah:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! Terdie at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. After that 87 degree high last Saturday, it feels like winter again. It might look like winter again too with snow flurries possible late afternoon into this evening. Supposed to get down to 28 tonite. Hope it's of short duration & leaves the fruit trees alone. On the slate for today, the Studebaker is getting the new wheels put on this a.m. Hopefully all goes according to plan. If this weather doesn't warm up I'll have to turn the heater valve on if we make a run somewhere. Gator tire is repaired so I can pick up the last of the crap out of the yard. Parts of the lawn are already showing signs they'll need mowing once it warms up again. Zero turn is next on my list... :coffee:   

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........ didnt get much accomplished yesterday......maybe today!!! :happy1: :happy1:

34 and cloudy here........... we only have one of them "tree branches" left here!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

graphic programs???? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: i thought that was all the smut emails Mike and Dotch send me!!! :pouty: :tut: :scratch: :doah:

Well trying to figure these programs out are about as confusing as trying to figure a woman out. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman