Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5045807 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 56 here and heading for 67 it says. Supposed to be nice today here. So should be a grass cutting evening after work today. We got 3/8" of rain here yesterday morning. Otherwise just getting ready to head back to the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning!!   Bit cooler this morning but still a nice morning out.  Had a bear walk through the yard to go down to the lake for a drink.  Looked like one of last years.  By the time I could get a pic he was gone.  I thought maybe he would take the bird feeders but he really paid no attention to them.   

Have a great day !!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here and might see 62 today they say..  rain for sure..   got some yard work done yesterday and a few other small things..  got a few more for today too..   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 54 here & we're shooting for 68 later. Under a Flood Watch too. :rolleyes: Got 1 spot that grass won't grow, that got mowed yday. Not much for wind so far, so I think I'll see if some of our driveway deadfall would like to burn today. Might have to have some more boat time too, but I'd like to see a little breeze for that. We'll see, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  56 with 10 mph NE breeze coming off the lake, I was hoping to go out but unlike Gunner I'd like it calm, Picked up 1/2 of rain overnight. Was a fun evening last night, the whipper snapper rolled in at dinner time then we all took turns on the paddle boards with the pooches taking turns riding also, not looking like splash kinda day today sooo I think we'll head to town and get some supplies,  maybe we'll go to Teals instead to empty shelves to give Glenn something to do..lol. Best run.....See ya!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 58 and should get into the 70's today.  Rain tomorrow as we drive to Bemidji to get my staples out.  Looks like about 29 of them.  Most of the swelling is down now. Therapy again today.  Not much else I can do yet.  Have a good one. Forgot to resize it so click on it.
« Last Edit: June 06/17/24, 08:02:34 AM by LPS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord lps!! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Bobb.  It is twice as long as I expected.  We changed the bandages after the first week so had the wife get that shot. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda wish I didn't click on it..lol.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. More rain. .68" at the ranch & .83" in Bugtussle. Still raining. Had some high winds around 5:15 this a.m., reputedly as high as 60 mph. Knocked out power south of town when a tree landed on the power line. Air was saturated yesterday. Topped out around 90 but the breeze made it semi-tolerable. Putzed with some odds and ends in the a.m. then Poppy & I got a good nap in after lunch. Mowed a chunk of lawn after evening chores so the day wasn't a total loss. Since today appears to be a washout so far, think I'll work on a column. Forecast looks ugly for most of the week. Will have to sneak in some lawn mowing when I can I guess... :coffee:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda wish

I am really swollen up from my waist to my ankles in that shot.  Now it is just in my ankle.  It is easier to move around without all of the swelling. I am just using a cane now.  I use it as protection when the dogs get too wound up near me.  They like me to scratch their bellies with it too.  :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope it continues to heal well for you Barry. Wasn't it LBJ who liked to show people his scar?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Eventful morning here at the home.
      Looked outside around 4:45 and saw we had a good sized tree down where the kennel used to be. Daughter got here at 5:40. She came running in to the house and said the hog barn is gone. I grabbed my hat and ran out. Sure enough, big old black walnut tree laying on top of the coop. Didn't loose any hens but the coop is totaled. They're back in the brooder right now but that can't last long.
      Lost about half our tomato and pepper plants. Not sure what else is lost.
      Lost a couple other trees, too.
      On the bright side, I don't have to worry about replacing some of the shingles on the barn roof.
      Because it was an out building that sat empty for years, there is no insurance on the barn. It probably had a replacement cost of $2.79.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
That’s a bad day, TT. Sorry to hear about your tough luck. Your homeowners insurance doesn’t cover outbuildings? I had a tree on my woodshed a couple years ago and had insurance company told me to keep track of my time to knock it off the shed, cut it up and move it.  I ended up doing the repairs myself with extra lumber and shingles I had, and decided not to bother turning it in. I had a local guy that agreed to do it, but we had a disagreement and he quit. I would have turned that in.
« Last Edit: June 06/17/24, 12:06:58 PM by fishwidow »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang TT that's sucks...   good luck!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What a bummer TT.  You just built the coop too didn't you?  Good thing you didn't lose any chickens.  I bet they were all worked up.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dat sucks tt. Was sure some ugly wind through these parts this a.m. and apparently over there too. Hope your coop was insured & you're back in business soon.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
dang TT..... hope all goes well getting back up and running!!!!

Afternoon fellers.......ithink LPS's nudy picture shut down MNO for a while today!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :shocked: just finally got on.

well got done at the store about 11;30. didnt expect to get anything done outside but the rain held off.........so i got busy, went and got more granite chips and black dirt to finish up around the driveway. i need more black dirt yet but way further along then i thought i'd be.

fresh sunfish for supper tonight!!!!!!! :sleazy: :hubba:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Remember that Chief they had their?  Arrondonal or similar. When he was Chief he said they were about 400 officers short of what they should have.  They didn't listen. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Remember that Chief they had their?  Arrondonal or similar. When he was Chief he said they were about 400 officers short of what they should have.  They didn't listen.
and i'd bet there that and still some more short. with that current administration in there it wont get any better either. dont think St Paul is far behind either.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure of that too...   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 56 here and it has been pouring rain since 2 or 3 this morning. Already 1.66" this morning and the wind is cranking off of the lake. It will be interesting to see if the dock stays put or not. The lake level is up to the bottom of it. A few years back the waves picked the dock up and moved it when the water got that close to it. That's suck Tangle tooth about the chicken coop. Hopefully you can get it repaired in short order. Mother nature can sure do some damage. Well, time to get ready to head to the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 71 here and humid!!!   temps went up over night..  going for at least 78 today and more rain... lighting and thunder was the order for the overnight and got a solid inch so far...  it will be interesting to see what happens as the day wears on...   have a good day all!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well no need to wonder about the dock. The waves have already moved it this morning. Now it is just a matter of how far.  :pouty:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
It's the last day of the high school shoot. Been averaging about 970 kids a day for the past eight days. Looks like the weather has gone by us for now, see what the afternoon brings. Too bad about the coop TT, no eggs for a month after getting scared like that. Stay dry (try to) everyone. later.......  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 65 here already & we should hit 75. Raining since 6, we might get a break from 10-1 but another round is predicted to go into the early evening hours now. Did get a little boat time yday but what wind there was switched directions a couple times :rolleyes:, so no :fish2:. Gonna brave the weather & do our shopping today, so we're off to GR. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! Already 74 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-to-upper 80's. At the ranch, another .50" of rain the past 24 hrs. with .40" falling in the greater Bugtussle area. Some damage locally. At the kindly neighbors', one bur oak bit the dust, er, mud. Also a big hunk of crabapple down there. Didn't look in the pasture. Saw the fencer was charging, the sheep had clean water & were where they supposed to be. All that mattered yesterday. Windy as all get out today which is helping keep it somewhat bearable outside. The bad news is it'll likely blow up something ugly tonite. Finally got my taxes back from the accountant yesterday. After my original accountant changed jobs then retired, it took a while to track everything down. Some of those places don't play nice with each other or former customers seeking info. Like my new guy. Looks like I should be able to mail a bunch of stuff to glenn... :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: funny guy Dotch.....poineer knives mayhaps!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

morning fellers..yep rained here to. not sure if i wanna go get more black mud or not.  :scratch: its only going to get wetter later.  :pouty: stuff i got yesterday wasnt all that bad.

no serious projects for the day yet...that i know of!!!! :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Pioneer knives among other things... :evil: :rotflmao: