Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5062562 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 55 at 5:30, heading for a high in the upper 70's. The lawn mowing fairy finally got the backyard mowed last nite after the 4-H kid and her mom left. Then, the hay fairy was back at it again this a.m., unloading and stacking hay. Sure glad we have all these fairies. Otherwise, nothing would ever get done. Found out this a.m. that the Mrs. has a wedding shower to attend tonite so she won't be around for chores. Will have to see how ambitious I am tonite. Since she likely won't be home until 9:30, might swap the blades on the mower out for the new set I got. Nice to have two sets so there's always one set sharp in when they get dull. Yard looks better and helps keep the deck from getting gummed up quite so quickly.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't look away from this story.  I'm fascinated by it. 

The erosion has slowed since the water has gone down.  The first pic was from later in the day yesterday.  The picket fence that was in danger of falling in earlier in the morning was still there.  The store is still threatened, and the family that owns the store and house that fell in, hopes to move the store if it can be saved.  A go-fund-me has been set up for them.

The second pic shows how much of the bank has been eaten away.  I was surprised how much of the bank between the damn and the bridge was eaten away - much of that park is gone.  Here you can also better see the trees that piled up in front of the dam causing the problem in the first place.

The last pic is from the beginning for reference.  Remember, that is the house before it fell in, not the store.  I haven't found any new video/photos from this morning.
« Last Edit: June 06/27/24, 09:14:10 AM by Steve-o »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel the same way Steve about this event..  again good pic's!!   thanks!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys from Federal Dam. 61 and sunny here. Supposed to make 71 today. It was a nice uneventful drive down yesterday. Was cool and cloudy the whole way. The skeeter fogger got a workout as soon as we got here. They finally mellowed out after dark. Not sure if it was cause it cooled down of the 3 times of fogging. Daughter and SIL made it here just after ten last night. Already put supper in the crock pot. Time to sipp some more coffee and see what is on the agenda. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........done at the store,  :happy1: only plans at the moment isto meet up with dutchy.....then give runnings a few bucks!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here are some before and after satellite pics.  The 'before' pic on right looks to depict the river in flood state, but before all the debris clogged up the dam.  If you look closely, maybe you can see some of it starting to accumulate.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 and could see 75 today...   got 1/2 inch of rain over night..   slept right thru it.. 

not much else at the moment, so have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 62 & we could see 74. I believe the rain started here around 4 & we had ~.4" by 6:30. It looks like it's raining pretty good right now. Home by 1:30 yday & by the time we got settled the Twins were playing. Not much planned here with the rain, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We got .50" of rain also. We washed the camper and golf cart last night, looks nice (better). TV got bolted the wall, garage kinda cleaned up and a 9" pedestal instilled under the new beer fridge so I don't have to bend over to get a cold one. Wife found a 10 cu.ft. apartment sized fridge for me. Much nicer than the mini-fridge and doesn't take up a ton of room. Going to hook up the camper and golf cart after a bit and head out. Hope it dries up some before we get to campground.
Any walleyes JB? Later........ :happy1: :happy1: 
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 60 and we have 1/4" of rain.  Could have more rain or thunderstorms as the day goes on.  My buddy got the rest of the wood split for me and is going to change oil on the Ranger for me today and fill our gas jugs. I am tipping him generously as we really appreciate it.  His Grandson was getting a little goosey with the 4 wheeler and he got a kick out of me yelling at him to knock it off.  LOL  He is from Vegas but is still a Vikes fan.  :sleazy:  Smart kid.  Well see ya later, have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........momma has me unsupervised for most of the day!!!!  :sleazy: of course i ALWAYS behave!!!! :angel: :happy1: she's watching the new great grandson. granddaughter just started a new nursing job in little falls and doesnt have daycare today.

BUT, the friggin drama with her kids are driving me batty. her daughter as a demanding, thankless person that expects her mom to drop everything she's doing to accommodate her. let just say a damn near made me a phone call myself.  :angry2: :smoking: and her son....... :doah: un employed little.........

anywho.......hoping to have a fire and beer later........ tomorrow we gotz a wedding reception for the son of some good friends down in Montecillo at some bowling alley/event center. there having a taco bar...........at 24 bucks a plate!!! :scratch: :doah: they better be come damn good tacos. and cash bar..........i'll be driving so no booze fer me!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 and dark and gloomy at Federal Dam. Seems as though the rains has stopped. Supposed to make 74 today. Never did fish yesterday Mark. Pretty much sat by the fire and sipped some bloody Marys. Went for a walk and chilled . We should have gotten out in the boat since it was nice yesterday. Oh well. Hopefully get some boat time today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 and dark and gloomy at Federal Dam. Seems as though the rains has stopped. Supposed to make 74 today. Never did fish yesterday Mark. Pretty much sat by the fire and sipped some bloody Marys. Went for a walk and chilled . We should have gotten out in the boat since it was nice yesterday. Oh well. Hopefully get some boat time today. Have a good one boys.
:happy1: :happy1: yep............sometimes its just nice to chill and unwind when you first get to your destination!!!!!!! :bow:

with the cabin there is usually things to do but still just good to be there. get it done so the rest of the time can be play time!!! :happy1:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

anywho.......hoping to have a fire and beer later........ tomorrow we gotz a wedding reception for the son of some good friends down in Montecillo at some bowling alley/event center. there having a taco bar...........at 24 bucks a plate!!! :scratch: :doah: they better be come damn good tacos. and cash bar..........i'll be driving so no booze fer me!!!!!
A wedding reception you have to buy your own food at?  Booze I understand.  Guess I'd skip on the Wedding cake dessert cost!  :shocked:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

A wedding reception you have to buy your own food at?  Booze I understand.  Guess I'd skip on the Wedding cake dessert cost!  :shocked:
no food is available to those invited. its what my buddy said there charging per plate to the hosts!!!!!

his kid, the one that got hitched was talking to him about tipping the beertender..... he said not a chance.......its not an open bar.....

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

no food is available to those invited. its what my buddy said there charging per plate to the hosts!!!!!

his kid, the one that got hitched was talking to him about tipping the beertender..... he said not a chance.......its not an open bar.....
Oh OK, didn't want to make fun of your friend, living in the trailer park who invited 50 of his friends and relatives to meet and have tacos at the bowling alley!  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: it wasnt my friends idea to throw the reception.....it was the brides idea!!! :rotflmao: he's just coughing up some cash!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. 1.5" of rain in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch & 1.51" in Bugtussle. That oughta hold us for the weekend anyway. The 4 days in a row of dry weather were fun while they lasted. Was able to get across several soybean fields yesterday. No real weed control runaways yet and since the soybeans aren't flowering much, we have some time. We just need to get some cooperation from Mother Nature. Have to get some paperwork done today. Didn't get the blades swapped out on the mower so will have to get that done sometime this weekend if/when it isn't raining. Just remember, most times the best weddings & receptions are those you can get out of going to. Can honestly say I don't ever regret missing one. :coffee: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I couldn't understand why they were now worried about the bridge, but this shot tells the story.  The bank is eroding out underneath the bridge support pilons.  Not good.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen that too earlier..   absolutely no one is allowed to on it too...   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we had a little shower or at least a sprinkle on every one of those "dry" days.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
In town, we had 4 dry days or at least we could detect no precip in the gauge the following day. Out at the ranch, it got the sidewalk wet on a couple of them. I squeezed a nap in during one of those showers. 😴

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Travelled over that bridge thousands of times. Ate quite a few meals at the restaurant. It just seems odd to realize it won't be there anymore. No sentimental attachments to it. It just seems odd.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I need to follow that story a little closer Steve-o.  Afternoon forum fellas, 76 and humid at the moment.  She rained pretty good here from 4-6 this morning,  but I only seen .75 in the gauges. Fertilized the garden yesterday and while I was at it threw down some milorganite on the yard, it didn't really need it but it's been  April since the last batch was put down. Momma had me laughing during the week, she works from home and the 3 puke dogs behind us are left out all day, 2 barkers and a pit bull that wants to kill anything.  Sooo she got tired of the barking,  ordered a high pitch frequency thing a madging ( kinda looks like a flashlight) she hits them and they high tail it to the porch that's propped open for em. They come back out and start up again and zapped again, the dogs should get it before the owners do, and I've addressed it plenty.  Anywho good entertainment.....See ya!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/28/24, 04:20:19 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
she did good!!!   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great idea.  These new collars are pretty impressive.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like they took Dam Store down so it didn't fall into the river. Bummer.  :sad:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great idea.  These new collars are pretty impressive.
https://a.co/d/0fEBhTV3, it's not a collar Joe, but works pretty good on non wanted animals..

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We got the camper set up yesterday. I installed a new Honeywell digital thermostat in it on Thursday. Found out thermostats in RVs are wired completely different than a house.  Oh well I’m off to Brainerd in a bit, later………. :happy1: :happy1:
mm