Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5067748 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: just had to post this somewhere   :USA:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yes it does Glenn!!!  58 here and hope to see 71 today...  got the
yard mowed yesterday and sprayed a batch of weed b gone too..  even had a couple cold ones!! 
need to get gas for the mower too..  won't go far if I don't...  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to go to FF for some bowzer chow for Lenny. A quick stop at Harbor freight to replace the magnetic paper towel holder for garage. Then back home to get the nephew's weigh bench welding project done. Need to shorten it 14" so it fits in his basement. Somewhere along the way in the next day or two one of Dotch's mowing fairy's need to stop by too. Weekend weather is looking like crap too, maybe it will change, later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 57 and should hit the 70's today.  Looks like a big wave of rain coming through this afternoon till into tonight.  I don't think anyone needs it. Got the wife out mowing the pasture yesterday and she enjoyed it.  Had a fire and a couple of cocktails too so was a great day.  Haven't had a fire since I got the new hip so was about time.  You all have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 57 here & we're headed for 73. Moving the neighbor's lift & dock didn't go as smoothly as it usually does but finally, we got it done yday morning. Then came home & moved our lift in quite a bit, so it should be good for a while. I don't have much further I can go with that. I finished mowing last night too. Got a couple things to get me started & we'll go from there. Have a good day.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:45:19 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure miss having a boat lift but here on the river they just don't work.  Too much up and down. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. All kinds of fun & games for a Monday starting last nite. The ding-dong editor at the local paper text messages me at 9:45 p.m. that he needs my column this afternoon rather than tomorrow morning. Claimed the post office informed him Friday that they wouldn't be able to get the paper out in time for the 4th. Seriously? You knew about this Friday & you're just letting me know? :angry: I had to haul the wife to Owatonna this a.m. so she could pick up a minivan to haul all their stuff for a sheep show in Michigan she's in charge of. She'll be gone for a week & has dumped the 4-H kid's activities in my lap while she's gone. I am unaware of any 4-H lamb fairy. Coffee maker was having a hissy this a.m. when to the office. About the only positive thing so far is the neighbor was unloading hay in the yard when I left for town. 21 big round bales that he's neatly tucked away for us in the yard. Well best get at it. Lotta crap to get done... :coffee:
« Last Edit: Today at 06:53:37 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You get pulled in lots of directions Mark. All joking aside, that is very difficult at best.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was going to say he has to much fun!!   but I know better....   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup needs at least another full time fairy.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.......got another full 7 in........sheez....the store was a zoo this morning with stuff and people all over.  :bonk: :doofus:

not much on the agenda.....friend gave me fish yesterday to pickle and smoke. taking up to much room in the freezer so.......

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here and should see 77 today, thinking humid too..   the rain came by here a little after 10 last night with lightning and thunder too.. looks like about 1/4 inch for us...  not sure what I have going on today but I'll find out as the day goes on...    have a good day all!! 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! We got a tad over half an inch of unneeded rain with some boomers overnight. Enough Already!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 58 here & headed towards 78. Had 1/2" in the gauge again, most of which came overnight. Went out :fishing: yday morning & got 1 eye but it was too big(18"). Had 1 rock bass as well but it was rockin n rollin out there, so I didn't stay very long. We're headed to Bemidji again today as his new glasses are done. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 58 and may see 78 today.  Welcome back to earth.  Man did we have a wild night.  The trees were blowing around like they were rubber.  We have branches down that we can see but wonder what it is like by the camper.  Will check it out later maybe.  We got 2 3/4" of rain and it still spitting.  Could see thunderstorms and strong winds today with possible hail.  I remember when I lived at Stillwater and it flooded often.  They would flood the basement of the local grocery store downtown with city water so it was clean.  Then pumped it out after the flood and they didn't have all of the mud.  Well you all have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........damn LPS that's alot of rain!!!!!! :doah: woke to some noise outside.....my favorite neighbor  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: is having his house resided!!!!! havent look yet how much rain we got yet.

got some fish to smoke this afternoon is all i got on the agenda for now!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't smoked fish for quite a few years and it sure sounds good.  I smoked a sturgeon once and it was great!  Cut it into steaks first. Then smomed it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
a friend of mine spent some time up by Nevis a while back and sent them fish to me, well i picked them up this past saturday at his kids wedding reception.

we go through alot of smoked fish........its like candy, one you start eating it, its hard to stop!!!! :rotflmao: besides it was taking up to much room in my freezer.......it packs away better when its in vacum bags. i give a fair amount away. also got some nords in 4 jars in the pickling process!!!! :happy1: 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool Glenn.  When I lived at Stillwater I also had a 32' houseboat at the marina there.  I would go serious catfishing every weekend.  Caught some big ones.  Channel cats under 10 lbs I would eat.  Smoked them and brought them to hunting camp and they were inhaled they went to fast.  With the little oil in them they smoke great.   I leave the skin on and it comes right off them. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I've been putting it off long enough so today I'm going to sit down and look into signing up for Medicare since I'll be 65 in Sept. Wife has been on my butt about this for a month already. But... more coffee and breakfast first. May put off mowing until tomorrow too. Weather looks nicer. I did get my welding project done, turned out OK, need to work on my vertical welds, the flat horizontal ones look great. Have a great day all. later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I've been putting it off long enough so today I'm going to sit down and look into signing up for Medicare since I'll be 65 in Sept. Wife has been on my butt about this for a month already. But... more coffee and breakfast first. May put off mowing until tomorrow too. Weather looks nicer. I did get my welding project done, turned out OK, need to work on my vertical welds, the flat horizontal ones look great. Have a great day all. later...... :happy1: :happy1:
:confused: :scratch: you mean you havent been unindated with letters and postcards and phone calls!! Already?????

from what i recall pretty harmless!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My Medicare started last September 1. I was 68 at that time, the reason I waited is because I couldn't get my wife's insurance if I dropped my health care coverage at work. My life altering accident occurred on September 11  I was very satisfied with how the Medicare and supplement paid my expenses.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:57:42 AM by roony »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Another .46" of rain at the ranch overnite & .70" in Bugtussle. Still spritzing us out there. If you stand out in it long enough you'll get wet. Got my sweatshirt out of the car. Lotsa pertinent weather data to share that I'll post over on the Incoming Weather thread. My wife is a year older than I am so she was hounding me about getting signed up for Medicare, telling me how long it took & awful the process was. I'd done my homework before I signed up. When I pulled it off after about an hour online one day, she was not amused! :confused: I agree roony. I haven't had a lot of major health issues but it's nice to know that when I've needed some meds, there's been nothing out of pocket for them. Same with the Dr. visits. Greatly reduced out of pocket over my previous expensive crappy insurance. I have more money for postage.  :rotflmao:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup the whole Medicare thing was painless.  I got my BC BS Advantage plan from the local insurance guy.  Doesn't matter where you buy it it is the same price.  Was easy for him to line me up.  I have had a few expensive things and man they covered it very nicely.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:34:54 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just an FYI........especially you Dotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: not sure how much ya'all spend mailing letters..... or questionable packages  :doofus: :tut: :rotflmao: but the cost of a postage stamp is going up by a nickel apiece july 14th.......get'em by then. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still cheap!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Back to Medicare. I had several people tell me I was in for lots of problems and penalties because i didn't sign up before my 65th birthday.. Well I had read the rules and as long as i was employed and my employer was providing the health insurance i was golden.. Just one little form i had HR sign and that was it.. Very painless for me.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother didn't sign up at 65 and I said you will have to pay a penalty now.  He had the same thing going as you did Roony.  AND like I have said the supplements are one price and the same price no matter where you buy them.  A buddy got his supplement through this insurance guy in town so I did too.  He first signed me up with Humana which saved me $15 a month for a year or so while living in this county.  Then BCBS got to be a better deal in this county so he contacted me and we changed and now it is cheaper by $5.  The money didn't matter but my meds and copays are all covered.