Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5071826 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
just an FYI........especially you Dotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: not sure how much ya'all spend mailing letters..... or questionable packages  :doofus: :tut: :rotflmao: but the cost of a postage stamp is going up by a nickel apiece july 14th.......get'em by then.

Always lookin' out fer me, by the mailbox, literally... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Sounds like a good cause, could you use a freewill donation, Dotch?  :sleazy: :evil:             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/02/24, 05:42:46 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
just an FYI........especially you Dotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: not sure how much ya'all spend mailing letters..... or questionable packages  :doofus: :tut: :rotflmao: but the cost of a postage stamp is going up by a nickel apiece july 14th.......get'em by then.

Always lookin' out fer me, by the mailbox, literally... :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good mornin all, 61 here and lookin for 80 today...  a nice day yesterday!!   going over to Alex this morning and get a few things..  nothing much or big, just get it done..   have a good day all..   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Back yard got cut yesterday afternoon, front yard gets it today before I head to the camper. Need to clean the battery cables and posts on the golf cart before I go too. What I learned yesterday about Medicare yesterday was I'm already signed up for it because I'm getting SS checks now. I was supposed to get some paperwork and a Medicare card in the mail last April. Don't recall that, but the lady I spoke to gave me an address that didn't match mine. It didn't have a "East" and "SE" in it so they are sending out another set. And I just need to find a carrier and decide who I'm going with. Didn't sound too bad. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 59 and should see mid 70's today.  The meadow needs mowing bad.  I had it looking like a lawn last year but is waist high in spots now. Was hoping to mow today but we got more rain last night, more coming too.  Wasn't a lot but came down hard a few times.  Less than 1/4".  Gonna be a nice day today. Looking forward to the wife being home for a long weekend.  Hope to have some fires and burn some of the down branches.  Have a good one. And yes we have a wet basement as of yesterday. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:24:07 AM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 62 here as well & already breezy. I'm seeing 77 for our high. :scratch: Got back from Bemidji a little after 1 yday, pretty busy over there. At least WM & Aldi's were. Just finished putting some clothes on the line a bit ago. Got a couple other things to get me moving & will go from there. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wet basements suk... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........never dealt with a wet basement......and hope i never do. i'd bet they suck big time!!!!!!  :surrender:

round #2 of smoming fish today. mayhaps cut the lawn, and a few other things on the list for today!!!! grass looks pretty wet right now though!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Another .22" of rain at the ranch & .09" in Bugtussle. Think I'm starting to get webbed feet. Day 3 unsupervised while the wife is in Michigan running a sheep show with her gal pals. Thought earlier they might make a trip to see Dr. Pol's office but sounds like that isn't in the cards now. Sounds like locally they've moved their fireworks up to tonite as heavy rain is expected on the 4th. Poppy & I will just have to cope. I think the 4-H kid & family are coming to work with her sheep tonite. She should get lots of extra attention out of them. I let Poppy sleep on the bed last nite thru Tales of Wells Fargo. She did pretty good but got restless by the time it was over so let her outside & put her back in her kennel. Have to keep telling myself this is a Corgi not a Border Collie. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:44:57 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have been here for 18 years.  We got a wet basement with a heavy rain years ago.  I got 2 or 3 tandem loads of clay and put it around the house.  Built it up over a foot so it sloped away.  During a real wet year still got wet.  So then got gutters.  Helps but still got wet.  Hasn't happened for a few years now.  We have some plastic pallets that we keep our stuff on so we are prepared now.  We run a dehumidifier all summer long.  It is drying up now. But ya it sucks.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Still on the story...   :Photography:

Its been hard to find updated photos or videos of the dam since 6/26.  But the governor toured the damage yesterday and I grabbed this shot.  I'm expected this will be the last of the news cycle coverage until they figure out what they are going to do with the old dam and the new river channel.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Until the bridge goes.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your wet basement Barry. It does suck. We live on a hill and put gutters on the house all the way around when we remodeled. It's only a partial basement under the old part of the house but we still get seepage. The water runs across the runs floor after heavy rain. Fortunately it runs into the floor drain. Was down in the basement this morning to change the filter on the AC. Floor was dry again after using a dehumidifier that isn't working as well as it used to. Coils get iced up & it doesn't melt off as fast as it should. Shut it off for an hour or so. It melts off & works good until the coils get iced up again. On the warm days, the central air helps remove some of the humidity too. Guessing based on the forecast the basement will be wet again soon.  :coffee: 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:02:19 AM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
all that is going to be interesting as it goes on...   leave the dam or not??   how rebuild the west side??   how to save the bridge???   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Never fear! glenn's pal is on top of it!  :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I caught the tail end of a news story that said they were considering making the bluff that the river carved out into a slope.  The idea is that that’s the new path of the river and re-engineering the sharp drop into a slope would prevent continued severe erosion.
Didn’t hear what would happen with the remaining dam structure.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Never fear! glenn's pal is on top of it!  :doah:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: so......both you AND Roony live up on a hill overlooking the little people!! :doah: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

her is my opinion on dehumidifiers. our house doesn't have central air or a furnace, its baseboard electric heat. At  first we noticed alot of moisture, some mold starting, cleaned it up and i went out and bought the best dehumidifer out there at the time. we ran it in the winter time....yea. it would fill in about 2 days.

after about 4-5 years i also noticed the ciol would frost up.......and it take almost 5 to 6 days to fill. i came to the conclusion that there wasnt near the moisture in the house anymore as to why the coils frosted up. havent used it since.

again just my opinion!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a nice big one and ran it for years.  We have a hose hooked up to it so no emptying.  One day I wondered if it even worked anymore.  A trip to Big M and got another real good one.  The old one must not have been doing much. The new one really dried it up and fast. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
When the coils freeze up it nearly always means it is low on freon.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
when I lived in Heron Lake that house we ran a dehumidifier year round...  sump pump even worked in the winter sometimes...   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I caught the tail end of a news story that said they were considering making the bluff that the river carved out into a slope.  The idea is that that’s the new path of the river and re-engineering the sharp drop into a slope would prevent continued severe erosion.
Didn’t hear what would happen with the remaining dam structure.
That would seem to make the most sense.  They could leave the dam there as a relic or take it out and let the river meander thru the new double-wide channel.
I'm no expert, but I would have to believe the bridge is safe.  Those pilons must go down to the bedrock and the support shouldn't be dependent on any bank soil that washed away - but what do I know?   :confused:  That's right.  Nothing, absolutely nothing.  I'm glad the have things shut down 'til they are sure.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
When the coils freeze up it nearly always means it is low on freon.

Dunno if there's an economical "fix" to it then. Ran good for 10 - 12 years. There's an appliance repair outfit advertising by St. Olaf Lake. We also have a like new dorm fridge someone gave us as a gift a few years back that comes on then shuts down. Was handy for vet supplies & vegetables. Doesn't cost anything to ask if they even monkey with that kind of stuff.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :USA: :USA:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably a little grog involved too.  :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
There are some independents out there that have some refrigerants in their stash. If you find the right guy he can charge your unit up. The guy I knew passed away but I'm sure there are more that will do it.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got the repair outfit's number on my way back from the accountant's office. Will have to call & see what they're up to. In the meantime, I started the dehumidifier up again. I'd detected the faint aroma of a dead mouse earlier. It was more pungent this time around so I sleuthed it out, deposited it in a grocery bag & disposed of it in the dumpster. Unfortunately I was out of priority mail envelopes and the post office was already closed.  :sad:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: suxs to be you! :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee: