Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5139378 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 62 @ 1st peek here & the terrorists say we should see 80. There's a chance (30-40%) of a mid-day thunderstorm here too. I mowed a couple spots again yday & the front could use it today.............. :scratch: we'll see. Kind of thinkin I'm in need of some boat time today early. Sis & BIL are coming up this afternoon & we haven't seen them in a while. Think they're staying 'til the weekend. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. On a mission today. Heading out to gaze at some soybeans as part of a project to determine what races of phytopthora we're running across out here. Has been some breaks in resistance bred into the soybeans as we're seeing more and more. Good opportunity to get a handle on it.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  See ya fellers  .. hitting the road to the northland.  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels Glenn.

MarkN. You're welcome!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here and heading for 79 it says. So I'm sure it will go over 80 again today. Which is good for the crops. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines to take care of you retired fellers.  ;) :rotflmao: Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 here here and heading to 81 today they say..   saying a chance of rain later too..   nothing big so they  say...  ok...  feels humid too..   got a few things I would like to do today so bring it on!!!  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 61 early & I'm seeing 81 for the high here too. No rain for the 2nd day in a row in our forecast, thinkin that might be some sort of new record ;)....................at least since the 1st of June. :rolleyes: Sis & BIL got here a just after 1 yday, so we spent the afternoon catching up..............then HH hit. :smiley: I did get the rest of my mowing done yday before they got here. Might get the trimmer out to start this day, then I pretty sure 1 of the mowers could use a little TLC today too. 'Bout it here, have a great day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 60 here and will get a little warmer every day this week.  I saw 84 yesterday.  Makes me wonder if our thermometer is accurate.  The transmitter is in the shade so must be ok.  Had some big clouds at times but no action.  Pretty much the same today.  Feeling like I got a bug the last couple of days.  ???  Just gonna take it easy as usual today.  Have a good one.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.   62 here this morning and HUMID already.  They say we are heading for the 80s as well.  I am not a fan of the heat so just will be planning a shop day today.  The lake is about like a sheet of glass this morning.    Have a great day !!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... yep same here scenic,  lake ie like glass. Filled 1 sunflower feeder, yep Ole Yogi showed up, there going g to get put away.

Some watch dog I got! :confused: he never made sound last night.  :scratch: re kon there will be some lake time today, not sure which one yet?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's cool that you had a yogi visit though Glenn.  I am not a big fan of real hot weather neither.  Last night on the weather the two young women were all smiles about it maybe in the 90's in a few days.  Happens every year.  Those people probably never go outside. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 62  at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Some modest chances of rain this afternoon & this evening with a decent chance tomorrow. Knew it couldn't leave us alone after starting with a promising forecast. On tap today, more talking people down off ledges while trying to avoid calling them names I shouldn't. The northland beckons soon. Between the weather & mosquitoes, not to mention the sheer stupidity & laziness on the part of some farmers, it's time. We get this county fair out of the way that won't hurt either. I've managed to get roped into more than my fair share of that too with the wife having been gone for the past week.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 71 here and heading for 79 today it says. We have a good breeze off of the lake this morning. We got the orange sun this morning also from the wildfire smoke. Guess we are going to have that for a day or 2. Did the grass cutting thing last night. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
« Last Edit: July 07/10/24, 05:47:16 AM by Jerkbiat »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 66 this morning and again heading to 83 today..  some haze here too...   saying smoke in the are again..  no rain here so far but 5 miles north of here got pounded..   crazy...   going to Alex this morning, VA appointment at 9 for a short visit and then what ever else I need to do...   have a good day all!! 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! Got a pop up shower going on here. Hope its short lived.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys 63 and will be around 80 again. They have so much heat out west that windows are breaking.  We don't need that.  Yes it is hazy here this morning too.  Just going to try to stay out of trouble today.  You all have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.. lake is like glass. 65 as of now. Think I'm going to gather some firewood this morning while it's cool. Then decide what lake?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 64 @ 1st peek & we're shooting for 83 here too. Been fighting with raising the dock for a month or more now, so with a little extra help we decided to tear the setup we had in the water apart. We then took out a 10' section & put everything back together. Glad to get that done & it only took ~ 2 hours. :happy1: :cool: We're headed into GR today as well & we'll have a recycling stop in Cohasset along the way. No more now, have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pulling in the dock here is on my short list also.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Back yard cut late yesterday afternoon and some cardboard burnt. Will have to cut front yard today along with moving toolbox to a new cart I bought yesterday. I did manage to to get truck washed and get pricing for a new snowplow for the 3/4 ton. Pretty pricey. About 10K for a 8.5' v-plow.
Mike, say hi to the DIL this morning at the VA if you think of it. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Thundershower underway in Bugtussle. Was sprinkling an hour ago when I left the ranch & ran into a downpour by St. Olaf Lake. Got the 4-H folks off to the fair yesterday so that was good. A lot less diddling around at choretime temporarily. Fed the mosquitoes good last nite. Tucked a bunch of new panels in the barn & moved a round bale in the lamb lot after chores. OMG the skeeters are nasty when there's no breeze. The alternator in the Dotch pickup decided to crap out yesterday after playing games with me the past several weeks. Happened to be close to town so the Studebaker mechanic put his tester on it & said he'd have a new one & put it in today. I'm not back on horseback yet. That's OK. Looks like showers are building in for the forenoon.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made over and back from Alex..  no big scores at the store..

didn't se your DIL Mark, or I would have...   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

she probably seen you were coming in and called in one of them paid sick days! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

she probably seen you were coming in and called in one of them paid sick days! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :mooning:

maybe!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 65 here and heading for 85 today. Looks to be hazy again here this morning. Lake is calm again right now. Sure has been pretty calm for the last week. Rather surprising. Yesterday had a little chop in the morning, but was a sheet of glass last night. Of it was hot and humid, would have liked a breeze. Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 and humid here, heading to the mid 80's again...   oh lucky us...   but no rain again..   here anyway..   
not sure what I have going on today...   and that's OK...    have a good day all.. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  59 here and 89% humidity.  May see 89 today.  No chance of rain till Sat.  Have to get the wifes car in for an oil change today. Stay cool is the name of the game today.  You all have a good one. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I did get the front yard cut yesterday, toolbox moved to new cart and shot four rounds of trap. A 98, missed the second target out and the LAST one. Pretty embarrassed about that. Need to pick up grandson for drivers training this morning and then I thinks I'll put up a small shelf in the garage when the toolbox sat and then move the reloader out there. Running a tad bit short on 12ga trap loads for the remainer of the Summer. Have a great everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 63 early & 85 is lookin like our high. Pretty busy in town yday, we made it back out here a little after 1. Nothin big planned here yet. Got a little breeze so I might just go for a boat ride. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Another .42" at the ranch & .58" in Bugtussle proper. Got the 4-H sheep show out of the way last nite. Went OK. The young lady got a state fair trip with her March ewe lamb. The judge used it as overall champion purebred breeding ewe. Trouble is the yearling she showed is a lot better animal. It won its class too but he just sorta lost her in the champion drive & state fair lineup. It'll be one of the favorites to win the Cheviot open class ewe show at MN State Fair. The complete package. Size, structure & breed type. Young judge not familiar with purebreds just phoned it in for those classes. Hopefully this county allows her to swap the two as others do. If not, she takes the lamb for 4-H & exhibits both in the open class show. On the slate for later today: The Octogenarian car club ventures forth to the care center in Waseca then back to The Willows for an exciting combination meal/meeting event. Some will just get their food and the codgers will be clamoring to have a meeting. Fun. :rolleyes: