Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5222849 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 69 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Heat index predicted to be around 95 so downright cool compared to yesterday. Another .03" overnite at the ranch from a passing shower. Heavier stuff with tornaders & hail to our north & east. Back at the garden to finish some of that while there's a breeze and then kinda coast into the afternoon in the AC. Looks like my trip north is a "go" around the 25th for about 5 days. Will be nice to get away and exhale for a few days. Also get a look at the MN crop between here and I Falls. Wife was already whining. I let it slide and didn't bring up the two plus weeks she's already been gone, let alone all the chores I got stuck with when she was running late.
« Last Edit: July 07/14/24, 08:43:02 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 74 here and supposed to make 79 today. Air is a lot more comfortable today so far. We did get some rain last night. Not much though. All the strong weather stayed just north of us. We got a nice Ranger ride in yesterday. The deer flies are horrible down in the forest. But was still a fun day. We were supposed to be in Moose Lake this weekend for agate days. But, we ended up cancelling because things are just getting to expensive for us and funds are getting low. So we stayed home. Otherwise just a go with the flow kinda of day. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........weather got a tad interesting last night. lotz of thunder and lightning......windy too!!!! havent checked yet for rain totals!!! :scratch:

momma's going to moticello today for there parade  :doofus: whatever floats her boat. not sure what i'm doing with it supposedly being 88 and humid. screw that!!!! i do need the lawn cut sooner then later!!!! :surrender:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my lawn could use some mowing too...   might wait til tomorrow..   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home from campground. .60” in the rain gauge. Going to take it easy today, Dr appt and a physical at noon tomorrow. Later… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my lawn could use some mowing too...   might wait til tomorrow..
my lawn was getting really long....... went out and cut it against knowing better..........now its done......but damn did i get toasty!!!!! :confused: i gotta coule things i need to do outside yet.......but most the r est of my day will be inside with the dawg!!!!!! even he didnt like it out there!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........weather got a tad interesting last night. lotz of thunder and lightning......windy too!!!! havent checked yet for rain totals!!! :scratch:

momma's going to moticello today for there parade  :doofus: whatever floats her boat. not sure what i'm doing with it supposedly being 88 and humid. screw that!!!! i do need the lawn cut sooner then later!!!! :surrender:
You always hang back while momma visits grand kids ? Afternoon peoples was a great weekend,  the whipper snapper came over yesterday with her golden retriever,  filled up the kiddy pool and sat patio side while playing some serious fetch with the pooches,  water breaks galore,  although Maisy the young lab didn't think much of the sprinkler, she sure got us all wet from the pool. Talking to the kiddo she claimed her water softner wasn't working,  so I went over earlier and it's all good to go now, ( needed salt) ..lol. I still looked like a hero.. anywho gots the grass cut afterwards but didn't want to change oil in the pick em up,  maybe tomorrow...Friggin Monday already....see ya!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :happy1: yea I'm not going to the cities to a Waterpark slide for most the day. How boring. Especially in this heat and humidity.

Today she went to Monticello to her friends house yo watch the big Monticello parade. :confused: whoopdy doo. :crazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well after picking up about 6 gallons of ground fall apples I decided to mow too..  got all done that I wanted to..  just a small area that I left and that will be fine...   I did find some weeds for another batch of weed b gone.. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Have you ever eaten at the Moose Lake Diner Gunner?  Man do they have good food. Homemade everything. Great meatloaf and spaghetti too.
Nope, we don't go that far east much anymore as it's 20-30 miles longer.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 66 here with some light rain. Supposed to make 74 today. Then I to the 60s for a couple days. That will feel nice. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 67 and going for 79 today they say...  had plenty of thunder going on here but not very much rain so far..  not sure if we will get much more either...  time will tell..  glad I got the yard mowed yesterday too...   have a good day all..   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here and will be in the 70's today.  Sounds great! We got 1/2" of rain this morning.  So not a lot to do till it dries out.  More coffee I guess.  Have a good one.   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 66 here early this morning & we're going for 76. Getting a little rain too. We're headed into GR today as we need a few things. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Grandsons want to shot trap tonight, oldest may want to purchase one of my trap guns so he would like to try it out. That will be OK, got two too many right now. Looks like the deer have pruned up my apple trees. May have to put fences back up. Have a great day everyone, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. A dab of rain so far. Only a trace at the ranch ~7:30 & .01" in Bugtussle. Lots of noise so far and more rain on the radar. Got thru the garden whipped into shape yesterday, weeding individual hills, putting on some urea and tilling between the rows of beans & sweet corn. Was a dishrag by the time I was done. Mowed the backyard that was long & overdue. 2 hrs. later I'd messed up the mosquitoes' favorite spot. At least a lot of it was in the shade. Payroll & other assorted bookwork on tap today. If the wife wasn't home I'd entertain ideas of a nap.       
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....done at the store!!! scored a 20 lb bag od Pecan smoking pellets fer10 bucks......normally 21.00. just a small hole. looks like it didnt seal all the way.

momma's getting our yearly supply of blueberries!!!!!!! :hubba: :hubba: :happy1: :happy1: a trip to the house of the11% rebate may be on tap later........if not tomorrow!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 07/15/24, 05:00:20 PM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: 30 lbs of blueberries washed up and in da freezer!!!!!! ok well....... mayhaps 29...........i coulda had a few!!!! :rotflmao:

ok well then maybe not 29.....there's a bowl in the frig.  :sleazy: :sleazy: man are they tasty..........and nice and big..... hardly any bad ones !!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gotta maintain that azure complexion... :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta maintain that azure complexion... :coffee:
:happy1: :rotflmao: my sexy bod too!!!!!!!1 :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

next up..cherries.....then peaches then pears..........

i lovew this time of year for the selection of goodies to eat. watermelon,on #4, cantelope, on #3. grapes, radishes green beans cukes maters.....and others!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 07/15/24, 05:15:13 PM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Love blueberries.  Just went through some. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i gotta admit though........ :pouty: some days i just gotta back off the stuff........no need for stool softners......... :shocked: :shocked: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds like the blues to me!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We need to eat more melons. I like all of them.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Temps have finally dropped here a bit.  56 here this morning and it feels great!!  Calling for mid to low 70s and windy today.   Been a few busy days in the shop.  Today may be a day to work on the yard some this afternoon.   Have a great day!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here and only supposed to make 66 it says. Chance of rain too. Did the grass cutting thing last night. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 here and heading to 76 today...  nice looking morning for sure..  not sure what I have going on today..  did some small things around the place yesterday and that will the plan for today...   have a good day all.. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 61 @ last peek here & we're aiming for 72. Got a chance (40%) for some afternoon rain here too. Barely anything in our gauge from yday's early shower. I mowed some yday after we got back from town, so now I'm about done with this round. Did a load of clothes already & they're out on the line. A couple other things on my list for today too & not sure where I'll start yet. Have a great day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I might try to spray the back yard today if it's not too windy. Creeping Charlie. Need to bring granddaughter to a granddaughter thing this morning. May have to go out for breakfast after that. Still got that boat project to finish and another gizmo for the truck to install. Oh well, one at a time. Later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........damn what a great morning weather wise....  :happy1: :happy1: could handle this all summer.

plans fer the day........go through a pick goodies from the garden

maybe start taking garden fence down  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

head to wooden hearts for a cabin sign
off to menards to check on a mattress for cabin. get dog food..........then to pizza ranch.......i have a cravin for there chicken!!!! :rotflmao: