Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5292482 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Our weather is ditto to Mikes.  We may hit the 90's though.  Very smoky and feels like it could rain but hardly any chance of it.  No big plans today.  May hit the grocery store.  I am sore from weeding the garden yesterday.  May have over done it some.  Will hit the exercise bike to loosen up.  TGIF and you all have a good one. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
JB, just curious,  what route do you take down to deer river?
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
The grass got cut yesterday and the plow truck, that is for sale, got fixed too. Strangest thing happen there. The battery was stone dead and when I jumped it and went to move it the transmission was stuck in 5th gear. Anyway I got the charger on it while I mowed and everything cleaned up the truck started right and all was good. Oh well, later…. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high around 80. Got some breeze today too so that'll help keep the bugs off altho they've toned it down a lot from just a few weeks ago. Need to look at some more mishaps in soybean fields today. The ones I looked at yesterday had patches & strips of weeds in places so trying to figure out what was done was a challenge. Once I talked to the guy it made sense. His partner runs the sprayer & was battling nozzles plugging up. Partner told him they needed to get different nozzles, some half dozen or so fields later. :doah: Respraying the mess will be the real challenge, not to mention mashing all the beans down when the weeds should've been controlled the 1st time. Getting mentally prepared for my brother's visit tomorrow. Looking forward to exhaling for a day.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
JB, just curious,  what route do you take down to deer river?
Depends on my mood or if I need to go to DR for fuel. But sometimes I run 46 to DR then go back up 6 until the turn off. Otherwise I take 1 across to 6 and south  to the turn off. Still have to back track north a little bit. But much easier than pulling the camper down the hilly curvy road from Talmoon. Tonight I most likely will run 6 I think since the pickup is full of fuel. Their land is on the north side of little bowstring. They have shoreline on pike lake.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: we are 7 miles west of talmoon. If you leave early enough you can hit the meat raffle at hayslips   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: we are 7 miles west of talmoon. If you leave early enough you can hit the meat raffle at hayslips   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I have great memories fishing little bowstring. The farmer gave me permission to walk down to Pike once. Super clear water.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 74 already and should se 88 or 89 today..   ugh...  picked up over 7 gallons of ground fall apples yesterday and I'll have a few more I'm sure today before I mow..  oh joy..  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers,  new mattress slept good.  :happy1:

Stiff and sore In all the wrong places! :confused: sounds like a warm on today. :confused:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 74 & 95 % humidity @ 6 this morning. :rolleyes: Looks like around 87 for our high. Sis & BIL got here ~ 1:15 yday, they just now left for DR to meet their youngest daughter. They're all headed to GR for the Swap Meet & Car Show from there. Got my trimming done early yday, as I'd skipped it the last couple rounds. Messed with the old lift a bit too. Not much on my list for today, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man did we have some noise and a light show last night.  I went to bed at 10.  It had already been booming but no rain.  Then I got up around 1 with lots of light and booming going on.  The deck was dry.  Well by morning we had an inch of rain.  Cloudy now with some dark clouds and good chance of T-storms this afternoon and tomorrow.  OOPS should have mowed.  Maybe squeeze some in today.  Other than that the coffee is good.  You all have a good one.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 77 down here and heading for high 80s like Glenn and Gunner said. Going to be a warm one. I brought some fish with so we will have a fish fry this afternoon. Dad and stepmom are supposed to come this afternoon too. Looking like rain here this evening. Ya, Barry we could see the light show on our cameras. Appears as though we only got enough rain to wet the cement at our place. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I forgot you were down there JB.  It looked like a lot of it went between us last night.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Wife took off for Albert's Leaf & brother is on his way so getting ready for that. Can pretty much play it by ear once he gets here. He needs to make a feed run, I need to grab some milk & club soda, then we should be set. Be interesting to see how much trouble we can get into today... :coffee: :police:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope you and your brother have fun and get into a fair amount of trouble.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I was thinking too.  Have a great time with your brother.  I miss mine.  Since I moved here I don't see them near enough.  My sister too.  Miss them all.
« Last Edit: July 07/27/24, 10:16:38 AM by LPS »

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with Roony, and then I hope you’re able to get out of trouble.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We may have a bear hanging around here too now.  The little apple trees are ok yet.  Yesterday I took a Ranger ride and the dogs run along.  We got to the north west of our property where the camper is and they usually pee in the woods out there.  They wouldn't go in the woods as usual but Cooper was smelling every plant carefully.  He was looking down in the swamp and started growling and then one loud bark.  Something is going on.  Will keep you posted.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree with Roony, and then I hope you’re able to get out of trouble.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Back in '06 & '07, my younger brother and I were the tour leaders on the eastern leg of the Pro Farmer Crop Tour. My poor mother was terrified to think of what me might do to the poor folks in OH, IN, IL & IA. She realized it was already too late for those in MN... :angel:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
So it was you guys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had to pick up apples again today before I mowed, over 10 gallons in 2 days...  and they are still not real big... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is pretty impressive Dotch that you and your brothers were into the same stuff. And good at it!  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 73 here and heading to to 81 with a chance of rain today..  still some wind too..  stayed in the shade for the most part yesterday and it was tolerable..  most likely the same for today..  have a good day all..   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... thought about heading home today but weather seems more favorable today so head home tomorrow.

Besides I got wood to burn and beer left!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man it is 75 with 86% humidity already.  There is a breeze but it is thick out.  We need to mow so bad but keeps raining us out.  May have to do it today regardless.  Barometer says rain too.  Well you all enjoy your Sunday. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 75 here & they're sayin 81 will be our high too. Some showers in the area but it looks like most of 'em are going to slide by just to the WNW. Breezy here too but not like yday. I made sure the AC was working good yday & that was about it. Guess they had a good turnout at the Car Show & it was pretty toasty. No big plans here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Had a blast with my younger brother & we got blasted. 4 kinds of gin to sample and we only made it thru 2 of them the 2nd time around. Before that, we hit all the hopping places yesterday, Dollar General, Casey's, Cash Wise & Krause's in Hope. We were also on a mission from God. The other nite, the neighbor where we pasture the sheep motioned me over after I was done chores there. Said he wanted to ask a big favor. He's 80-something, has had bypass surgery, neck & back surgery, etc. His wife won't let him buy pipe tobacco anymore. He was wondering if I could get a pouch at Casey's, then put it in a plastic tote in his shop. Really doubt that an occasional bowlful of 'baccy is gonna kill him. Found it, & when I went to the pasture last nite, they were gone so we made the drop. Brother & I had a good laugh but suddenly I felt like Clint Eastwood in The Mule!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun, a man has to have some bad habits.   :sleazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 66 here and heading for 80 today. We made it home around 4 yesterday afternoon. Stopped in Northome and dumped the tanks on the camper. It was an uneventful trip home. Had a good weekend at my brother's place. Would be nice sometime to get an extra day in and try some fishing there. Also got a haircut last night. Man that feels good in this heat. Need to bring the wife's car over to IFalls this morning so they can figure out that water problem. Wonder how much of a fight this will turn out to be. Hopefully I can be back to work by 10. Have a good one boys.