Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5296450 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 67 here and back up to 86 again today..  got my annual dentist visit this morning in Alex and then who knows what the trip will bring..  most likely stop at Aldi's and head home..   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said we have 70 and it is 88% humidity.  Thick.  Chance of rain too.  We have been sleeping with the bedroom window open at night and it is real nice.  Too bad it is not cooling of a little more.  Not sure what I will do today.  Mayhaps spray some of the doc again that survived.  May try using the weed whip too.  I see the breeze is picking up so better stay away from the garden with any sprays.  Well you all have a good hump day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I sold one of my trap guns. A Browning 525 to one of the grandkids. I need to made a spacer for it to put under the recoil pad to add a 1/2" to the length of the trigger pull. Then on Monday we'll get it patterned, fitted and the comb set up for him and see how it works. New set of mower blades showed up yesterday, welder parts should be coming tomorrow. Stay cool today, later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......ya know the air outside is thick when the windows are fogged up!!!!! :doah: this humidity can go away anytime!!! :confused:

have a funeral visitation to attend this morning.......then...........not sure.  :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 69 here & we're headed for 85 again today. BIL & I took the cordless sawzall to old lift & with Sis's along with the youngest niece help, we got it all loaded on their car trailer yday AM. :happy1: Only took ~ 2.5 hours too. We're headed to GR today, so we're going to stop at Bass Brook Bros in Cohasset & get rid of it on our way. :cool: Better run, so no more now. Have a good day.
« Last Edit: August 08/01/24, 05:07:40 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Drop it off at Glenn's cabin.  He can weld it back up and use it at his dock.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Drop it off at Glenn's cabin.  He can weld it back up and use it at his dock.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 69 at choretime heading for the upper 80's again today. Got the sticky traps installed in the fields, did chores last nite, then moved hay around & watered the garden. By that time it was dark. Wife was in a better mood when she came home but at least she was crabby when she left for the fair. Not sure what she was crabby about. I had to pick up the slack this morning when she decided she'd done all the chores she felt like doing, leaving me with the rest. Tonite I have the last minute 4-H family to contend with after chores. This trip to Canada can't come soon enough.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69 here and heading for 84 today. We got a shot of rain yesterday afternoon. .11" it said when I got home from work. Just did some chores around the house last night is about all. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here and lite rain.  going towards 84 today..  not sure how much rain so far but it looks like about an inch so far...  quiet day today and I'm ok with that..  my dentist visit went very good yesterday so I'm happy with that...  have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We have 64 and we could see 87 and sunny today.  We got a wet deck is all yesterday.  I see the grass is still growing. Not yet time to mow but getting close.  Will do some putzing with the garden today.  Sure growing slow but it may catch up.  We need cukes.  LOL  Well you all have a great day.
« Last Edit: August 08/01/24, 08:12:11 AM by LPS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't checked rain gauge yet, probably about the same as Mike. Grandson is here and we are going to get Grandma's car and practice driving today before his test on Friday. May have to stop somewhere for breakfast. After that back to work on the spacer for Browning. Later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 68 here & headed towards 84, I hear. We had a fast-moving cell move through just before 4:30 yday, had to of been gusts to > 40 to start. We did have a power glitch, but the genny never even started as it came right back on. Then it started pouring rain. Luckily, I don't think :scratch: it lasted more than 5-10 minutes. No trees down but lots of sticks, so I've got some cleanup to do. Could only find ~.2" in the gauge. Wind is s'posed to go NW here so it'll be less humid. :happy1: 'Bout it here, have a good day.
« Last Edit: August 08/02/24, 08:10:10 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. It was 64° when I let the hens out this morning. Much nicer than the 88° we had yesterday.
      Lost a bunch of little branches, a few big branches and a couple of smaller trees from the storm that blew through here late Wednesday. Looks like I'll be spending time with the Husqvarna. Got 1.85" of rain, too.
      No buildings were damaged, no people were hurt so, it's all good. Glad I mowed yesterday.
      Wife and daughter canned some pizza sauce yesterday. I had a pepper that was supposed to be hot. It wasn't. Wish I could remember which one it was.
      Stay safe, everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........already done at the store.......i must work really fast!!!!  :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1:

not sure how much rain we got in the overnight but looking  from the deck garden looks muddy ..........so finishing the weeding and pulling the rest of the dill is on hold till tomorrow!!!!

not sure what i'll do to keep outta trouble yet.....i'm bettin a nap is in order!!!! :happy1: i'm just not sure if it'll be a dotch nap or Mark nap!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Unreal rainfall amounts thru here last nite. 3.33" at the ranch & 3.15" in Bugtussle. glenn's garden watering trick worked! :rotflmao: Got breezy so there was some stuff to clean up in the backyard. Will need to get the lawn mowed again soon. The 4-H kid & her dad were a half hour late last nite. Claimed he forgot about the time working in his shop. By the looks of their crops, looks like he forgot about the time when he should've been planting. Guess my time must not be that important. I was cooling off after chores. I was soaked & had skipped mixing feed until it cooled down some outside. Thought they probably weren't coming so wasn't amused when they come roaring in the yard ~ 7:30. I was still wringing wet, the ewe was a bitch to catch and I was not a happy camper. I hope they got the vibe. The only thing this girl has learned is it's OK to procrastinate and if you whine enough, you can get by with it.     
« Last Edit: August 08/01/24, 11:54:27 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel for ya Dotch.  That would irritate the heck out of me too. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard up to 4" about 4 miles SE of me. Really spotty.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got similar 4" reports from one guy NE of Bugtussle, another one NE of Otisco and an official gauge reading from Meriden Twp. near Owatonna of 4.15". Judging by all the standing water in the replanted areas, it will likely rekindle the mosquito infestation.  :sad:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We got in some parallel parking practice in this morning. An hour and half of it. Trying to figure out what we're doing next. Naps are good Glenn. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is great Mark.  I bet it is fun to help him with driving.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i remember doing that with my kids...........i needed alcohol after that....... :doah: :confused: :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 70 here and supposed to be 80 today. The lake is pretty ruff this morning. Blowing 11 out of the North. Getting ready to head to Roseau this morning. The wife is having surgery on her foot. So she will be out of commission for a bit. About it here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty quiet night at campground last night, but it was a Thursday. I’m going to try to spin up a marinade today for shish kabobs on Saturday. I’ve had a craving for them. Stay cool today, later…. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good luck JB for your wife and sounds good Mark!!   66 here and heading towards 86 today so another warm day.. 
managed to get a few things done yesterday, always something going on..   got to pick up apple today and get ready to mow..
have a good day all.. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We have a nice 62 and will see 83 today. You mentioned the 11 mph wind JB.  That is the max wind they recommend for a 16' boat on LOW.  Doesn't seem like much but from the north that is a lot of water moving with the wind.  Good luck to the wife on her foot operation JB.  She won't be kicker material for the Vikes for awhile anyways.  You may have to get her a riding mower.  LOL   TGIF and you all have a great day.   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to you wife JB.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........got some garden stuff to finish up today. dill will all get pulled out. finish weeding to. wont take long.

att the picnic we had a short meeting, since we have no secretary i volunteered to take notes. i have about 8 years of recording secretary experience with the Union, so......get that typed up and submitted.

Mark.....i really enjoy kabobbers too....we just buy them but i'd like to try from scratch one day. looks like alot of putzing though!!! :doah: and being at the campground, or at the cabin during the week is always nice and pieceful!! :happy1:

JB......hope all turns out with the wife's foot surgery!!! :happy1: at least for a bit she wont be kickin ya!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 69 @ 1st peek but they're sayin we'll top out at only 83. Got a NNW wind today, so the humidity shouldn't be too bad. :happy1: Mowed a little around the new shed & where it stays shaded almost all day yday but think I'm going to let the rest go. At least 'til we see some more rain or the temps mellow out. Not sure what's up today yet, may just have to go for a boat ride. :scratch: Good luck with the surgery, JB. No more now, have a great day.