Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5297330 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Had another .08" of rain at the ranch yesterday afternoon and another .12" in Bugtussle. Another day from hell on tap. After looking for aphids today then doing chores, I gotta catch a bunch of ewes & lambs that'll be going to State Fair. Fortunately the Garden Gnome will be coming to help with that. Actually he does most of the heavy lifting and I run interference. After that, I get to see if the neighbors are gonna show up to work with the 4-H ewe tonite. They were no-shows last nite. Didn't call or text so I was stuck waiting around for them to show up. Putzed with a couple things but didn't want to start a major project then drop everything to help them only to get it partially done. We've been so spoiled with the other family the past two years. We know when they're coming 24 hrs. in advance at least when the wife remembers to tell me. 4-H needs to look at how they've operated and use them as a template for a contract.     
« Last Edit: August 08/02/24, 09:41:04 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was just outside for bit picking apples, the skeeters are nasty!!!  again...  yet!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Grandson passed his drivers test this morning. Hotter than blazes out here. Thinks I’ll stay in camper for a bit and get my meat and marinade put together. Maybe a nap too before this afternoon’s pool event. Later…. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yippie for him Mark!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Grandpa!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Way to be grandpa! Also, hope the foot surgery goes well for the Mrs. jb. Forgot to include that earlier.  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here and again heading towards 86  today..  got all the ground fall apples picked up
yesterday, over 2 full pails again...  friend took them to feed the deer art his place...  have to mow the grass
today, heat and all...  have a good day all..   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 59 and should see mid 70's today.  It is the wife's birthday so we will have brunch at the Chocolate Moose in I Falls this morning.  I have coffee brewing and Jake and the wife are still in bed whilst Cooper and I are in the front room.  We will stay as quiet as possible so she can sleep as late as she wants.  Yesterday as I was mowing I hit a roll of electric wire that she had bundled up and was supposed to put on top of a bale but she laid it on the ground so when I mowed it I got the biggest bird nest of wire that I have ever seen.  Needless to say I was perturbed.  I jacked up the mower and got it out so we are all good now.  SO now I am trying to make nice so we can have a great day.  It is a beautiful morning too.   She will probably finish mowing the lawn and I will mow the meadow.  The meadow is now full of wildflowers from mowing it instead of just tall weeds.  I wonder if I should just let it be. ???  I do like to use the new mower though. LOL  Well you all have a great day. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 61 early & 79 will be the high. Kind of lookin like we could get a little rain this morning now. Hope so, we could use it. Back to just the 2 of us here now as the other 3 hit the road about 6:30. Nothin big on the list, so it's shaping up to be a roll with it type day. :scratch: Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys. Hope alls well for the Mrs JB. Got back from pool yesterday and there water, a lot of it, running out from the back of the camper. Something broke and that’s today’s project. I finished up the marinade yesterday and happen to glance at the bottle of minced garlic that said one clove is one teaspoon full. Recipe calls for one teaspoon, I put in two tablespoons. Hope they like garlic. I guess we’ll find out later today. Later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......nice and cool this morning. supposed to get hot and humid again!!!!!! :confused: sounds like the last day for a while!!! :happy1: grass, deck everything is super wet again this morning.

no real plans but i'll figure something out. mayhaps a trip to the house o bargains this afternoon!  :scratch:

:happybday: :happybday: to the misses LPS!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes happy birthday to your better half LPS!!!    :cheerleader: :party3: :happybday:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Birthday to the wife Barry!!!

Morning boys. 73 and raining here. Got some storms rolling in. Looks like until about noon. The wife's surgery went good. Now she will be off of work for the next week. Crutches are not her fortay. She is slowly getting the hang of them though. Not sure what project to tackle when the rain is done. But the list is long to choose from. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy birthday to your Mrs Barry. (Sorry I missed it earlier.) :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just told the wife about each of the Birthday greetings and she chuckled and said tell them thanks.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon forum fellas! 85 and perfect lakeside.  Just having a little fun in the sun this away, the pooches also say  :happybday: to the Mrs lps!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just showed this to her Bobb.  That was very nice and got a big smile out of her.   Great job with the boys on the dock.  Nice looking family.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
boy the pooch on the left looks like a brick!!!    great pic Bobber!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon fellow gulag comrades! 62 at choretime & should be topping out in the lower 80's. Finally getting a little breeze. Otherwise it's been calm most of the day. The Garden Gnome helped me load ewes & lambs for the State Fair last nite. This morning I hauled them to Garden City. Met up with another gentleman who will haul them to his home to fit & trim them. They fought us going into his trailer but we prevailed. Didn't have to worry about the neighbors last nite wither. No shows & no communication again. They're on vacation today. At least they're out of my hair. To celebrate all this nonsense being done, I took a glenn nap this afternoon, bout an hour and a half. So did Poppy. Glad to hear the Mrs. surgery went well jb. Looks like the doggies are having a blast boober. And Happy Birthday to Mrs. Barry!  :happybday: :party3: 🎂   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sweet picture boober.....them little sunfish in that lake biting your nipples whilst you took that picture!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

pretty toasty out. made it back from FF and menards a 100 bucks lighter!!!!!! :surrender: :doah: on the way home there had to been a good 75 to 100 motorcycles headed to st cloud! wonder what was up with that!  :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, I missed the post on Jb's wife having a procedure,  glad it went well!!  He is Mike,  we call him border patrol,  always checking and running off neighboring dogs. The whipper snapper took the pic Glenn,  I'm the stud in blue behind the pooches..lol!! But ya those little sunnies love the moles on one..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 here and only going for 76 today... I like that..  got the yard mowed and some
trimming done too..  very little rain here last night. all east of me..  saying rain tonight and tomorrow
for sure, so we must need it..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 61 for our start & we'll see 74 by the time the day is done. Lots of thunder but no rain yday AM. Did have some after lunch though. Had 3/4 of a basket of clothes, so they're washed & on the line already. Probably go get a Sunday paper here in a bit & will see what pops up after that. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A nice 59 here.  Pretty calm and was real foggy earlier.  Will see 70's here again.  A little hazy here too.  A few birds are busy eating. Gunner that sounds like a fun relaxing routine of going to get the paper.  How far do you go?  I read it online but miss the print version.  We survived the birthday celebration and today we hope to get some mowing done.  The lawn was so long the last time that it will look good to get it all smooth again.  Got a lot of good food at the store yesterday including a bag of pizza burgers.  My hopes are not too high but man I miss a good pizza burger so hope they pan out.  Schwanns used to have them and our driver had to inform me that they quit making them back in the 80's.  Sad day.  They weren't awesome but pretty darn good.   Thought about putting the dock in but it is still really muddy due to the water being a little high yet.  I see the islands in the upper river are not underwater anymore but the water is still real high so maybe another week will help.  Well I hope you all enjoy your day. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 70 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. .10" of rain at the ranch overnite. Lots of noise to boot. No sheep sorting or hauling today, neighbors remain on vacation & wife is at the fair. Should mow some lawn & spray some pasture fences since the wind will be out of the right direction later this a.m. If I get some of that done there may be time to squeeze in another glenn nap..😴. I finally pulled the pin on Schwan's Barry. When they changed their name to Yelloh, they started messing with the formula on their ice cream and some of the other things I liked. Then they played games with their delivery charges. The quality of the products deteriorated overall so quit ordering. They really stepped on their unit out here. People who had been ordering ice cream, meals & treats dumped them after 50 years of doing business with them. Sad.
« Last Edit: August 08/04/24, 07:56:48 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a couple of old bales in the pasture that need burning.  I will get a permit online today.  It is kind of fun to burn them and it provides some bug deterrent for Bucko.  When the bugs are really bad you can see peoples cows/horses sliding right up into the smoke to get away from the bugs.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........its wet outside. wanted to spray weeds in the lawn today........but there threatening more rain possibilities! :doah: guess i'll wait till tuesday! maybe if it dries up i'll cut the lawn!!!  :scratch:

LPS....had to chuckle at your fire/smoke comment........its why we have campfires up north........well partially!!!! :happy1: i remember back in the early days of the cabin, dad would look for older used lawnmowers, especially if they burnt oil!!!! that would settle on the lawn and deter skeeters!!! :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/04/24, 08:47:27 AM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup that fire means survival in squito country.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home. Feels good. Kabobs were a hit last night even though there was 4X the amount of garlic than the recipe called for. I'll get the pictures up as soon as I get back to the phone. Have a great Sunday all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69 here and 70 is supposed to be the high. Showing rain around noon here. I washed the camper yesterday afternoon and started buffing the driver's side. That side gets steady sun in the driveway and is started to discolor. The color restorer compound is doing and good job. But I usually use Nu- finish for waxing and it doesn't like that. Guess I will need to get some real wax and buff that in. Barry, in the email from the control board last week it said that Rainy and Namakan are getting into the normal ranges now. Said they were going to reduce the flow thru the dams. So that should help the river to come down some. Did you ever get signed up for the emails. Well the project list is long. But coffee first. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!